Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-25 22:20:21

CaRmAgE

Can't save worlds

When saving a world, the save panel with the gear remains on the screen forever. Since you can't exactly interact with anything beneath it, you're forced to refresh the page to stop it. This started happening around 5pm EST today.

#2 2018-09-25 23:16:19

LukeM
Website

Re: Can't save worlds

Is this just one world in particular or all worlds?

If its just one / a couple of worlds then its likely that you've reached the world save file size limit... Sadly theres nothing we can do about this as its set by PlayerIO so we have no control over it... Its one of the many reasons we are planning on moving away from PlayerIO for EEU.

#3 2018-09-26 01:45:57

CaRmAgE

LukeM wrote:

If its just one / a couple of worlds then its likely that you've reached the world save file size limit... Sadly theres nothing we can do about this as its set by PlayerIO so we have no control over it... Its one of the many reasons we are planning on moving away from PlayerIO for EEU.

Well, considering how many NPCs I'm using, that's probably the case. That sucks. I was only 2/5 of the way into adding aesthetics to the map.

#4 2018-09-26 06:35:08

Vitalijus
Website

CaRmAgE wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Well, considering how many NPCs I'm using, that's probably the case. That sucks. I was only 2/5 of the way into adding aesthetics to the map.

How many of npcs did you use I used 9 of each with name limit, message limit then I was trolling the world with signs that had message limit until I got bored and it still saved

wn7I7Oa.png

#5 2018-09-26 07:17:12

peace

limit of each world is 500KB considering that a block is a few bytes its not a big problem in a huge world BUT the data suckers are NPC's signs portals and switches they eat your data sofast that tyyo0u reach limit faster //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad but again what lukem said cant fix btu in reeboot limit is gone

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#6 2018-09-26 09:49:39, last edited by LukeM (2018-09-26 09:50:26)

LukeM
Website

Vitalijus wrote:
CaRmAgE wrote:

How many of npcs did you use I used 9 of each with name limit, message limit then I was trolling the world with signs that had message limit until I got bored and it still saved

The world save system works in a way that means that only signs / NPCs with different text add to the world size, so you'd need to write something different in all of them to see the effect.

#7 2018-09-26 12:26:55

peace

LukeM wrote:
Vitalijus wrote:
CaRmAgE wrote:

The world save system works in a way that means that only signs / NPCs with different text add to the world size, so you'd need to write something different in all of them to see the effect.

so a 2nd sign wiht the exact same text and morph acts like a nromal block?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#8 2018-09-26 12:35:18, last edited by LukeM (2018-09-26 12:38:24)

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:
Vitalijus wrote:

The world save system works by saving the block details then a list of locations that block is in, so the first block is what stores a lot more data, then after that blocks just add a position to the list so all further blocks take up the same amount of space (although there is some variation depending on where the blocks are in the world, positions outside the top left 256x256 blocks take up more space, and the first position in each category takes up more space than the others)

Wooted by:

#9 2018-09-26 14:09:37

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Luke make a list of how much data each type of block takes up in a world.

LukeM wrote:
peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:
Vitalijus wrote:

The world save system works by saving the block details then a list of locations that block is in, so the first block is what stores a lot more data, then after that blocks just add a position to the list so all further blocks take up the same amount of space (although there is some variation depending on where the blocks are in the world, positions outside the top left 256x256 blocks take up more space, and the first position in each category takes up more space than the others)

So we can know if we exceeded the world save file limit before we click save and progress is gone.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#10 2018-09-26 14:44:39

LukeM
Website

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Luke make a list of how much data each type of block takes up in a world.

LukeM wrote:

So we can know if we exceeded the world save file limit before we click save and progress is gone.

Its not as simple as just using a formula to calculate the size of the world save, playerIO uses a weird (incredibly inefficient) format to save database objects including a lot of values just stored as raw text, so there are many significant factors that would be virtually impossible to calculate by hand.

I believe that someone used decompiled code from one of PlayerIO's libraries (or maybe that PlayerIO clone thingy) to make a tool that could measure the size of database objects, but this was probably only existing ones so it would have to be modified significantly to allow you to connect to a world with unsaved changes to measure the save size.

#11 2018-09-26 14:45:55

CaRmAgE

Vitalijus wrote:

From the smiley NPC to the knight NPC, I have 10 each, but I also have something like 70+ computer NPCs, too (which are slowly replacing the others, as they were just temporary). A select few might be saying the same thing, but most of them are different.

Wooted by:
CaRmAgE1537969555726018

Board footer