Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-04 23:10:25, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-04 23:10:46)

azurepudding

The MusEEum (EE Tournament Round 3 W)

nCxdD5l.png

The third entry by Radioactive Sunflowers.  This time with the theme of "Old," we went with a field trip to a smiley museum where you take journey through history and play minigames set in the past!  Play as a miner, a tiny t-rex, a mosquito, and even the whole world.. in The MusEEum!

All coins are optional!

Link: https://everybodyedits.com/games/PWVIsRnfwvcUI
Beta: https://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PWVIsRnfwvcUI

Another all-nighter on this one //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad You better have fun! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Azure2.png

#2 2018-09-04 23:11:59

Guest.

Re: The MusEEum (EE Tournament Round 3 W)

why are you spending all night on a contest level you had 6 days on

Wooted by:

#3 2018-09-04 23:26:42, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-04 23:27:31)

azurepudding

Jet wrote:

why are you spending all night on a contest level you had 6 days on

The first two days or so, I didn't really know what my world would be.  I've also had work which cut in the way of my free time, and when off, I was sometimes too tired to work on anything.  Had some other things going on and.. also doesn't help that I'm a procrastinator.  I did start work on it about 3 days before deadline on the main frame work, and did about half of it on the second day, but on the last day I had to finish up, with a lot of time being spent on working on a semi-functional switch system.  Low grav and sideways effects make proper machine working tougher than I first thought, so a few set ups had to be built just to be taken down for another try.  The current one works well enough now I think.. you just have to press up or down if you die in one of the minigames.

Also when you have a tough opponent, last second check ups become much longer than just a few seconds. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad  Looking back there are a few things I'd like to change, but I'm happy with at least 99% of the world.

Azure2.png

#4 2018-09-05 00:27:25

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I played this earlier and it didn't even occur to me that it was a contest level (because I'm in the losers bracket) and I really enjoyed this world. I hope you win.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#5 2018-09-05 05:25:08

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Very creative and very fun minigames! I like how you colect boks to win. Hope you win! My favorite is the triple jump mosquito climb. If you had time, I want you to make a similar one but with more interesting things! (Maybe a future version) I would give this world a 100/100 for creativity, art, concept, and decorations. So generally a very good level.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Wooted by:

#6 2018-09-05 05:35:14

azurepudding

mutantdevle wrote:

I played this earlier and it didn't even occur to me that it was a contest level (because I'm in the losers bracket) and I really enjoyed this world. I hope you win.

Oh yes, different themes.  Thank you!  I hope so too, but my opponent has a great world too.  I wish we could both make it.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Very creative and very fun minigames! I like how you colect boks to win. Hope you win! My favorite is the triple jump mosquito climb. If you had time, I want you to make a similar one but with more interesting things! (Maybe a future version) I would give this world a 100/100 for creativity, art, concept, and decorations. So generally a very good level.

Haha, yeah!  I realize I didn't mention books in-level, but yep, you climb the bookshelf with the books of knowledge you earn.  And.. after the contest is over, I may remake some of my worlds.  I began more ambitious and had to cut some things due to lack of space.  Space mainly needed for switch stuff, as I had intended for an endless mode with a point system, but ended up with a rewardless hardmode for one minigame.  Things in the future.. could be interesting.  My Round 2 world involves aliens and space near the end, so there is that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Oh, and thanks! I think some things could use improvement, but thank you for the kind words.  Now to be nervous for a day or two while crossing fingers.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#7 2018-09-05 05:41:06

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

azurepudding wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Oh yes, different themes.  Thank you!  I hope so too, but my opponent has a great world too.  I wish we could both make it.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Haha, yeah!  I realize I didn't mention books in-level, but yep, you climb the bookshelf with the books of knowledge you earn.  And.. after the contest is over, I may remake some of my worlds.  I began more ambitious and had to cut some things due to lack of space.  Space mainly needed for switch stuff, as I had intended for an endless mode with a point system, but ended up with a rewardless hardmode for one minigame.  Things in the future.. could be interesting.  My Round 2 world involves aliens and space near the end, so there is that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Oh, and thanks! I think some things could use improvement, but thank you for the kind words.  Now to be nervous for a day or two while crossing fingers.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

They just looked like books to me. And also, good luck on the contest!

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Wooted by:

#8 2018-09-05 07:32:16

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Amazing level, it employed many creative gameplay concepts which were fun and engaging. (Especially memorable was the galaxy orbital slinging)
The story was good. I laughed at "the great edit" backstory of EE. Art was good too. The world is simply oozing with effort and creativity. It’s too bad this world is pitted against CK and Unau, their world was astonishing with 11/10 art and story. I won’t spoil my preference, but know that it was a super tough choice for me.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#9 2018-09-05 08:14:50, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-05 08:16:11)

azurepudding

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Amazing level, it employed many creative gameplay concepts which were fun and engaging. (Especially memorable was the galaxy orbital slinging)
The story was good. I laughed at "the great edit" backstory of EE. Art was good too. The world is simply oozing with effort and creativity. It’s too bad this world is pitted against CK and Unau, their world was astonishing with 11/10 art and story. I won’t spoil my preference, but know that it was a super tough choice for me.

Did we get a 12/10 then?? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue if only

Yesss! I was worried the signs would be skipped.  I put effort into them, and I cry when they're glanced over!

And.. yeah, I knew my competition was tough, with a story and art tough to beat, so I tried to focus mostly on gameplay with a variety of minigames.  And then it was art to fancy up, and humorous text where I could manage.  This is pretty bittersweet for me tho, I wish we could both go on aaaaah.  There's no chance that two matched teams didn't submit and to let one of us fill that slot? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue Aha nah..

Thank you though for the feedback, the world's been doing a lot better than I thought it would!  I just don't know if my comedy can beat their tragedy.  At least neither of us will be disqualified this round, but a loss makes my bubble aura dreams more and more bleak.. eep! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad  I'm just gonna cross my fingers, and my toes!

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

They just looked like books to me. And also, good luck on the contest!

Thanks again!

Azure2.png

azurepudding1536131690723322

Board footer