Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2018-08-31 21:46:22

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: [THE WINNER!] OFFICIAL Everybody Edits Tournament Results!

Dang, I got so lucky this round. I had built a terrible world so with 4 hours to go I completely restarted and made something completely different which was also terrible but not as bad. But then at the end it didn't matter anyway because my opponent (who has far better building skills than I do) didn't even submit.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#77 2018-08-31 22:29:06

Nebula

It's our team being in bracket and now my member doesnt wants to help with my world bcs he's inactive it's his fault and this tournament isnt rigged and we didn't even made to prize aswell god damn

#78 2018-08-31 22:47:01, last edited by Introduction (2018-08-31 22:48:52)

Introduction

Oh my, I actually won in the losers bracket round 2! Thanks, judges!

EDIT : My opponent hadn't submitted a world. I thought judges picked my world because it was good. well rip i won't win the contest if I'm just being lucky

when your signature makes about half your comment //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#79 2018-08-31 22:49:18

Jorc

Whirl wrote:

It's our team being in bracket and now my member doesnt wants to help with my world bcs he's inactive it's his fault and this tournament isnt rigged and we didn't even made to prize aswell god damn

whole tournament isnt rigged yes. but my match is rigged bcs my world is great and i got 0! opponent world is good but not better than mine

#80 2018-08-31 23:13:05

RavaTroll

Your world was ok although the art is confusing a bit. He would have won against some other teams tho. 
But it's just "yet another EE level". Your opponent's world had unique and fun gameplay which felt like I was playing a game within the game - and that's what is so great about sandbox game. I even think Game Mechanic's world was probably the best of this round.

Don't take this personaly of course - the gameplay in your world is much more common than your opponent's world gameplay, which made it boring compared to something i've very rarely seen before. Sorry.

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#81 2018-08-31 23:46:09

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
Website

RavaTroll wrote:

But it's just "yet another EE level". Your opponent's world had unique and fun gameplay which felt like I was playing a game within the game - and that's what is so great about sandbox game.

I really agree with you, but the problem of EE isnt only the world creators who makes "yet another EE level", is too, the EE itself witch limit our mind so much to create simple things and of course "yet another EE level" worlds, if EE Universe goes the same way, in my opnion, will die faster than the current EE.

In-game arts

友達をまだ忘れていません。
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

Wooted by:

#82 2018-09-01 00:24:49

Tiralmo

EEJoranasc wrote:

how did my team (yeeting builders) lose? i know that my world is better than 1st and 2nd world combined, im sure everything in our world is ok

EDITED: i played game mechanics's world, and i dont see why we lost, must be game mechanics's switch.

but, all you had to do is repeat saving them, which is boring. concept is ok, switch and stuff. game mechanics world is ok, but my world is better due art, mini, story, interesting map

In my opinion, the main thing that set your opponent's world apart from yours was their creative gameplay, and the fact that their gameplay/story seemed more integrated with the theme. Yeeting Builders' minis were more engaging and fun to play, but - and the same goes for the art - seemed more cluttered and did not have as nice a presentation as Game Mechanics'.

#83 2018-09-01 07:37:38

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

When I joined this tournament I thought I'll lose on round 1, but now I survived to Winner Round 3. I guess I'm just lucky //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

My opponent is Lictor, I guess after this round I'll be on Loser brackets.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by: (2)

#84 2018-09-05 19:27:32

Kirby

Winners Round 3 and Losers Round 3 results are out, get them while they're hot!

#85 2018-09-05 19:58:42

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

5:0 against MusicMan? What?? I don't believe my own eyes. It's impossible. This contest is ridiculously biased. My level should have won, it is objectively superior. I can't believe the people in this community are so much incapable of judging levels properly and objectively. Disappointment. Disappointment with this contest is the only thing that I can feel in my heart right now. This is just insulting. I despise you, Kirby, for not voting for my level. After all I have done for you. How dare you? Not cool. I think I should quit this game, I can't stay within the same community with people that just can't think objectively and pick good levels. I'm done.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (6)

#86 2018-09-05 20:04:26

Gosha

TaskManager wrote:

5:0 against MusicMan? What?? I don't believe my own eyes. It's impossible. This contest is ridiculously biased. My level should have won, it is objectively superior. I can't believe the people in this community are so much incapable of judging levels properly and objectively. Disappointment. Disappointment with this contest is the only thing that I can feel in my heart right now. This is just insulting. I despise you, Kirby, for not voting for my level. After all I have done for you. How dare you? Not cool. I think I should quit this game, I can't stay within the same community with people that just can't think objectively and pick good levels. I'm done.

remind me what did we you made?

#87 2018-09-05 20:07:39

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Gosha wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

remind me what did we you made?

A stairs level of course! The purest form of Everybody Edits level design.

i8SwC8p.png

#88 2018-09-05 20:08:10

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

TaskManager wrote:

I hope you're being sarcastic.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#89 2018-09-05 20:08:25

rgl32

TaskManager wrote:

My favorite part was the 1x1 ceiling jump, really brought out that old-school rage.

#90 2018-09-05 20:14:43, last edited by TaskManager (2018-09-05 20:18:51)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

rgl32 wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

My favorite part was the 1x1 ceiling jump, really brought out that old-school rage.

i really have no clue what jump is that i should visit my world again

EDIT: are you talking about this one
lvexcsr.png
these are called HOVERS
EDIT2: nvm i found it thanks kirby

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

I hope you're being sarcastic.

cmon i was sure that'd be obvious //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

i8SwC8p.png

#91 2018-09-05 20:27:12

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Dang. A 3:2 loss. I'm sad primarily because I would have been against peace if I won //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

I really enjoyed this contest. My only complaint is that I think the world sizes for the losers bracket are pretty limiting for just about everybody. I understand small worlds for the first few rounds, but the losers bracket is almost entirely medium worlds and I think that was a bad design choice. I think world sizes need to be at least 100x100 to truly show a base for someone's potential as a builder. I think that time was something that was considered an issue in the conception of this contest but I think that, if another tournament was to be held anytime during the future, then they shouldn't be afraid to let the contest last a fair few months to allow for bigger world sizes and longer deadlines.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#92 2018-09-05 21:05:43

peace

lel hard theme +a ba dworld of me obv 5:0 as others said

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#93 2018-09-05 21:28:29

SmittyW

Can we address the fact that Different55, a complete noob who hasn't played ee in forever, has reached the quarter-finals? Who let this happen? He must be stopped >:O

#94 2018-09-05 21:29:33

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

SmittyW wrote:

Can we address the fact that Different55, a complete noob who hasn't played ee in forever, has reached the quarter-finals? Who let this happen? He must be stopped >:O

probably not the best place to say that

i8SwC8p.png

#95 2018-09-05 22:00:17

Yoshi626

W O O T
We survived again!
This won't be so bad
STAY COOL
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#96 2018-09-05 22:29:09

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

i wanna modify my level when do i regain the ability to edit

suddenly random sig change

#97 2018-09-05 22:52:22

Introduction

wow for the first time i won 5:0 against an opponent that actually submitted a world! i feel so proud

when your signature makes about half your comment //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#98 2018-09-05 23:07:55

Introduction

mutantdevle wrote:

Dang. A 3:2 loss. I'm sad primarily because I would have been against peace if I won //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

I really enjoyed this contest. My only complaint is that I think the world sizes for the losers bracket are pretty limiting for just about everybody. I understand small worlds for the first few rounds, but the losers bracket is almost entirely medium worlds and I think that was a bad design choice. I think world sizes need to be at least 100x100 to truly show a base for someone's potential as a builder. I think that time was something that was considered an issue in the conception of this contest but I think that, if another tournament was to be held anytime during the future, then they shouldn't be afraid to let the contest last a fair few months to allow for bigger world sizes and longer deadlines.

I completly support you on there. It's kind of small to deal with in the losers bracket. I don't have any problems with the deadlines, though.

#99 2018-09-09 20:41:52

Kirby

results results results results

Wooted by:

#100 2018-09-09 20:59:52

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Introduction wrote:

I don't have any problems with the deadlines, though.

I was personally fine with the 3 day deadlines for medium worlds. But naturally, if they did have bigger worlds, they'd need longer deadlines.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Minimania1540240329728900

Board footer