Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-21 19:59:19

Anatoly

[Asking the community] [Some questions to FStaff/GStaff]

Not sure where to put this topic.

So as you know I have a graphical suggestions topic here.

And as you may have seen last time there were too many posts in row made by me.

Q to FS: Diff, it’s like a tripple posting there. Is that fine?
Q to Community: You all have already wooded too much for today! And that’s fine! But tell me seriously (so Kira not you) if I should continue working on them. Have you seen the newest posts? Have you even heard about latest additions? If you don’t care please tell me, I’ll stop.
Q to GS: Hello there, especially Kentiya. I know you’re all there somewhere. Do you add graphics from members from graphics suggestion, or do you only trust yourselves. Don’t worry it’s not a hacked PNG <3 it won’t hurt adding good things Jet/Ravatroll made to EE. Do you care finding and adding them?

Thanks in advance.

#2 2018-08-21 20:05:14

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: [Asking the community] [Some questions to FStaff/GStaff]

I can answer the first one:

I used to host a personal music selection topic, and wanted to keep the amount of posts in a row as small as possible by removing and editing posts, while keeping all content in the initial post. Usually it's not a good thing to have lots of posts from the same author regardless of the objective of them.

But it's not a matter anyway, it will always be fine as long as you're adding relatively important content to the topics.

Regarding your question to the community, it's not something you should be asking here, but in your graphical suggestions topic, and even then, something you wouldn't need to ask at all. The feedback you get from your suggestions, even in the form of woots, should help you decide the route you should take, and still, it's all up to you, not to the community, to decide whether you should continue doing what you like.

#3 2018-08-21 20:07:21

Anatoly

HG wrote:

I can answer the first one:

I used to host a personal music selection topic, and wanted to keep the amount of posts in a row as small as possible by removing and editing posts, while keeping all content in the initial post. Usually it's not a good thing to have lots of posts from the same author regardless of the objective of them.

But it's not a matter anyway, it will always be fine as long as you're adding relatively important content to the topics.

Regarding your question to the community, it's not something you should be asking here, but in your graphical suggestions topic, and even then, something you wouldn't need to ask at all. The feedback you get from your suggestions, even in the form of woots, should help you decide the route you should take, and still, it's all up to you, not to the community, to decide whether you should continue doing what you like.

Thanks.

But still your opinion gets better “point of views” if you see others positions.

#4 2018-08-21 20:12:24

Gosha

Anatoly wrote:

Q to FS: Diff, it’s like a tripple posting there. Is that fine?

It's fine as long as you don't abuse it
You add new content and want everybody to see it - silently editing your previous post is useless, thus making a new post won't count as spam
It's not your fault that people don't comment

#5 2018-08-21 20:32:51

hummerz5

To extend on what has already been said. Recall that pingohits had a daily meme thread. "Adding new content" as gosha put it, seems more applicable to what you choose to post than what pingo was doing... cough

though sometimes it's still better to stuff them all into one post. If it's entirely your topic, that might become your discretion. Shrug

Wooted by:
hummerz51534879971720855

Board footer