Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-17 04:34:08, last edited by Kirby (2018-09-04 22:10:49)

Kirby

Super EE Party

It's DONE

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After being in development for over a year, Super EE Party is finally ready to be released!
This world incorporates many complex systems which work to create a unique coop experience not seen in botless levels, so grab some friends, and enjoy the game!

7SAXThi.png

You can play it here - Main site - Beta - Minimal - PWeESlxzZ7cEI

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How to Play

Objective

The objective of the game is simple - The user with the most Stars by the time the game ends wins!

As you can see from the map above, there are 5 stars total, however, only one will be active at a time. The active star space will be shown to the players.

In order to purchase a star, simply navigate to it when it is your turn.

Start of the Game/Turns

To start a game, 4 people must enter the key system at the start of the level. DO NOT ENTER THIS SYSTEM UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN STAY FOR THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE GAME. 10 turn games last approximately 40 minutes.

Once there are 4 people, whoever is Red will be allowed to decide the length of the game, options being 10, 20, or 30 turns.

After this, players will be shown the turn order, the active star space, and then they'll be off!

At the queue, there is some useful information to take note of:

• Turn Counter - This useful 7 segment display visualizes how far into the game players are.

• Star Location - The background behind the opened switch denotes which color star space is active, in case players forget.

• Coin Count - This visualizes how many coins the player has, using a decimal system. The coin doors display which digit each row is. This means that if you have 8 switches on the top row, 4 on the middle, and 2 on the bottom, you have 248 coins!

• Star count - This visualizes stars similarly to coins, it is just formatted differently. The 9 switches on top represent the ones digit, and the 3 on the bottom represent the 10s. The blue coin doors represent this.

When dropped, players have the choice to either use an item (if they have any), or roll the dice. Afterwards, they can start moving around the board!

Movement

When you've rolled the dice, you will be presented with a number (this only goes up to 6, unless you use an item). This allows you to navigate around the map that number of spaces. To navigate, simply move through the purple 0 gates.

When you have moved the number of spaces on the dice, you will stop on the space that you have landed on. Each color space does different things. Here is a diagram of what the different spaces do:

tMKAvl6.png

Note - The start of game tile, split path, shop, stars, and cannon all do not count towards spaces traveled.

Items

There are 2 places to enter the shop on the map, one on the fire side and one on the ice side. There are a total of 6 items that you can purchase from the shop, each with specific uses. The items are as follows:

• Double Dice - 5 coins - This lets you roll 2 dice instead of 1, allowing you to move a maximum of 12 spaces!

• Triple Dice - 10 coins - This lets you roll 3 dice instead of 1, allowing you to move a maximum of 18 spaces!

• Tiny Dice - 2 coins - With this item, you roll up to 3 intead of 6, just in case you want to land on nearby spaces!

• Peace Treaty - 2 coins - Bad with duels? Buy this item and you will not participate in the next one!

• Chance wheel - 5 coins - Use this item to get varying amounts of coins, or if you're lucky, a star!

• Star Whistle - 20 coins - This teleports the player to the active star location! Keep in mind that you will still need to purchase the star

There is a small coin meter in the shop to inform the player of how many coins they have. You may only hold 3 items at a time.

Turn End

At the end of each turn, players are teleported to a minigame. There are 10 different minigames, each with a different concept. These can be free for all, 2v2, or even 1v3. Instructions on each minigame will be later in the topic. Winning a minigame awards the winners with 10 coins.

After the end of the minigame, players are given their awards and are sent back to the queue, where the turn counter will increase and another turn will start!

Game End

Once all turns have passed, players will play one final minigame and will enter the endgame screen. Here, they will meet 3 interesting faces and will be awarded different stars.

H3nqVUC.png     zXFGHHE.pngMBUbeyT.png

• As an avid racewalker, Spoog loves to award players with movement-related stars. He will either reward the player who has walked the most spaces, or will reward the player who has landed on the most red spaces.

• Smonk is a man of ACTION. He gives stars for MINIGAMES, and MINIGAMES only!

• Ungus is just boolin', he likes mirin fat wallets and people who have used lots of items

After the 3 bonus stars have been handed out, players are sent to the final reveal. One by one the podium will be revealed to the players, from 4th place to 1st place. If you want to see your stats for the game, just travel back to the top of the map and visit the "Endgame Stats" room!

MINIGAMES

FFA Minis

GSyHO34.png

Mini by Tiralmo, Art by Unau

In this minigame, the objective is simple: Run to the bottom, grab the treasure, then run back up to the top! The player is given zombie and no-gravity effects, and there are invisible arrows that pull the player towards the walls.

There are branches that can get in the player's way if they aren't careful, and these branches are randomized, so be careful!

GUoN1O5.png

Mini by Kirby and Tiralmo

Originally called "Stubby Stairs", players are given the lowjump and zombie effects so they can only jump 1 block at a time. Simply navigate to the end first to win!

76fP8cZ.png

Mini by Kirby, Art by Kiraninja, Lap system by Tiralmo

This minigame pretty much speaks for itself, simply be the first to complete 3 laps around the track to win. If you're falling too far behind and have come to terms with failure, simply wait by the orange switches.

VMR0UF9.png

Mini by Tiralmo, Art by Pingohits

GL

6TujfoQ.png

Mini and Art by Kiraninja

In this jungle themed maze, one player will be given the curse. The objective is simple - be the person to die to the curse. Good luck!

2v2 Minis

YxOOozA.png

Mini by Kirby, Art by Pingohits and Unau

In this team minigame, players are presented with 17 global switches. Each team will be given instrtuctions at the start of the game - Either turn the switches on, or turn them off. Whichever team has the majority before time runs out is the winner!

H3iMJJT.png

Mini and Art by Unau

This 2v2 minigame has 2 roles - one player is in charge of flipping a global switch, and the other has to climb to the top. Whichever team works together to get the climber to the end first wins.

Tip - If the switch hitter hits the switch to a steady beat, it's easy for the person climbing to adjust and beat the mini quickly.

m6SDWFM.png

Mini by Kirby, Art and Inspiration by Pingohits

THE GORGONATOR is a 2 player global switch puzzle. Each teammate has a role - they either place blocks vertically, or destroy them horiziontally. The goal of the minigame is to copy the pattern shown in the middle.

Placing blocks will create a pillar, starting closest to you, and going up from there. Destroying blocks will act similar, but it will happen left to right. Combine these two mechanics to copy the image in the middle

Tip - Start from the right and work your way to the left! It's the most efficient way to solve the puzzles!

1v3 Minis

XOqPM3L.png

Mini by Kirby and Kiraninja, Art by Unau

This Factory-themed minigame follows a basic death run theme. Three players are tasked with traversing the factory, while one is in charge of hitting keys. If one of the three players can make it to the end without dying, the team of 3 wins, otherwise the key hitter will be victorious.

cUPkVdT.png

Mini by Kirby (inspired by an EE Party minigame with the same name), Art by Kiraninja

In this minigame, someone with the cure effect will shoot up through the floor. Their job is to hit the zombies before they live their entire 20-second lifespan.

Duel Mini

wpem6Ug.png

Mini by Kirby (inspired by a level by Sensei1 and Unau), Art by Pingohits

When players land on a pink space, after they select an opponent they are teleported to this minigame. When they enter, the green key will be triggered, and they'll notice lights to the side made of red backgrounds. The objective is to jump the split second that light turns green. Whoever jumps first wins the duel.

Systems

The systems in this level were made by Slabdrill, Dudewithhat, Tiralmo, and I, most of it being Slabdrill.

To take on this massive project, we had a few plans on how we would handle organizing it. The systems seen in this level are actually not the original ones in the world, but we decided that the old systems that we had were too buggy and messy, and that it'd be beneficial to just delete them all and start fresh.

When remaking the systems, we kept a google doc of each switch ID and what they did. We also color-coded the systems to make it easier to troubleshoot. Here's a screenshot of what they used to look like before:

vJ11Dtw.png

The colors were as follows:

• START

• ITEMS

• COINS

• MISC

• MINIS

• MOVEMENT

• STARS

• DUEL

• ENDING

We also documented each switch ID, both purple and orange, and their uses. If you are interested, you can read about it below

Switch IDs

As of now, this level contains exactly 5749 portals. If for some reason you want to see them, here you go.

This is what I see when I do /listportals in this level.

Hall of 30 turn games

Game #1

• Thwink

• Taskmanager

• Kiraninja

• Breyn

Game #2

• Thuggishprune

• Kirby

• Zoey2070

• Bud1

Game #3

• Kirby

• Talon

• Thuggishprune

• Beardlicker

Game #4

• Zoey2070

• Xenonetix

• JoeyC

• Red5Pizza

Game #5

• Breyn

• Daneeko

• Peace

• Jet

Credits

There was no way I would have ever been able to get through this project alone. Here are the amazing builders who helped on the way.

Systems

• Slabdrill - Made most of the systems in this world. This level wouldn't be anywhere NEAR complete without him.

• Dudewithhat - We were really stumped for the endgame, as it was a very complicated system that refused to work, but Dudewithhat was able to come in and make a super reliable system, allowing us to finally finish the level.

• Tiralmo - Tiralmo both helped directly and indirectly with the systems with this level. He made systems for some of the minigames, and helped us troubleshoot when there were bugs, but Slabdrill also used many systems from his "Slot Machine" level, such as the Decimal -> Binary converter, or the dice display system.

Minis

• Pingohits - Pingohits has helped with the creation of a few of the minis in the level.

• Kiraninja - Kira created the minigame Jungle Jumble, which is one of my favorites in the level.

• Tiralmo - Tiralmo created a few of the minis in the level, including the complex systems in Kirby's Dinner Disaster

• Unau - Unau created the minigame Flip Switch Fumble, and worked with Sensei1 to make the original duel concept that the one in Super EE Party was based off of.

Art

• Pingohits - Pingohits created a LOT of the art for the minimap, along with the ingame art for minis such as Kirby's Dinner Disaster or Quit Flickering the Lights. He also is the creator of SPOOG, UNGUS, and SMONK

• SmittyW - SmittyW helped with the minimap art, refining it and adding awesome touch ups, such as the ice pillars that surround Hail Peak.

• Unau - Unau made minor touch ups to the minimap art, such as adding the volcanoes, and created the ingame art for a few minigames, such as Quit Flickering the Lights, Flip Switch Fumble, and Factor-Key. He also made the amazing ingame art that can be seen in the queue.

• Kiraninja - Kiraninja made the ingame art for a few minigames, including Zombie Threesome, Herty Raceway, and Jungle Jumble. He also helped with the ingame art for a few of the rooms at the top of the map, such as the A - MP Lounge.

Music

• Musicman - Musicman made the star jingle (which was a recreation of the one in MP1), and the endgame fanfare (which was entirely composed by him!). The songs are absolutely amazing, and add to the overall quality of the level.

Special Thanks

• Slabdrill - This project was basically dead, but Slabdrill agreed to help work on it, and after we wiped the systems we had he worked very hard to bring us this awesome level. It took many hours, but I think it was well worth it.

• Pingohits - Pingohits has been here since the start. I still remember being in an empty vertical great world brainstorming world ideas, and looking to my side to see a copy of Mario Party 6 for the GameCube. The rest is history.

• SmittyW - Of course, this idea wasn't entirely original. Seeing the copy of MP6 merely reminded me of how awesome Smitty's EE Party bot was. At the time, he was running into issues with it, and stopped updating it. Remembering how fun his bot was, I really wanted to recreate the experience in my own level. Many of the design choices were inspired from his bot, and I don't think the level would be nearly as good as it is without inspiration from his level.

• LukeM/Capasha - PlugIt and EEditor are GOOD bots

• ...and all of you who have tested and supported us on the way! - This level has been a DISASTER to build, so we appreciate the support and help we've gotten since we've started. Means a lot.

~ Enjoy ~

#2 2018-08-17 04:34:24, last edited by Slabdrill (2018-08-17 18:05:45)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Re: Super EE Party

Here I have a lot of info that isn't necessary to play the world but can be good to know if you really like fun facts, inspirations, credits, advanced gameplay tips, and game mechanics that aren't really outlined anywhere else. They're all together, so if you want to find one you have to look through the rest too!
Some of this information can be found in the random signs found within the system (though not all of it!).
Some of the following spoilers contain trigger blocks so that you can open everything at once if you change your profile settings.
Also much worsely formatted than the main post.

Items
Minigames
Misc

I'll add more trivia as I think of it.

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by: (4)

#3 2018-08-17 04:34:59, last edited by Freckleface (2018-08-17 04:50:15)

Freckleface

I played a game and I can say I agree.

EDIT: Actually I played the first FULL game. Wheres MY credit?

F

#4 2018-08-17 04:37:17

Onjit
Website

hey why are there no green spaces

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#5 2018-08-17 04:37:18

Joeyc

i lov

#6 2018-08-17 04:39:55

minam

I don't think I've ever seen world showcase this thorough.  //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#7 2018-08-17 04:46:13

Master1

wOW SmiTTY got a CREDIt for inspiring YOU to do MARIO PARTY but WHAT about who inspired HIM to do some HOT mario pARTY???

I'LL TAKE MY CREDIT NOW THANKS

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by: (3)

#8 2018-08-17 06:44:14

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Jesus.
This world looks like a full-fledged game. Have you guys considered just becoming game creators/programmers?

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#9 2018-08-17 06:55:11

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Jesus.
This world looks like a full-fledged game. Have you guys considered just becoming game creators/programmers?

Yes.

wtf is that vid in your sig btw

suddenly random sig change

#10 2018-08-17 07:02:46

Kirby

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Jesus.

hey sounds fun

#11 2018-08-17 07:19:26

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Slabdrill wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Jesus.

Yes.

wtf is that vid in your sig btw

It’s from the visual novel that i took my profile picture from.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#12 2018-08-17 21:13:08

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

This is such a good level. Honestly one of the best levels in EE due to its complexity. This is peak Everybody Edits (yeah). maximum EE potential

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#13 2018-08-17 21:17:09

peace

Zoey2070 wrote:

This is such a good level. Honestly one of the best levels in EE due to its complexity. This is peak Everybody Edits (yeah). maximum EE potential

agree only - side is you cant unless being owner reset global switches

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#14 2018-08-17 21:45:43

Jorc

amazing world

played with pipec and others, it was so much fun until one person afk... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#15 2018-08-22 18:06:58, last edited by Kirby (2018-08-22 18:08:26)

Kirby

Just found a picture of the sketch for the map!

zlOx3gJ.png -----> 5BerRUC.png

#16 2019-01-01 20:08:44

CaRmAgE

Map was broken by someone who didn't understand how MP works. The map needs a reset.

#17 2019-01-12 10:25:40

JadElClemens

This level is seriously incredible. Stairs 2 cod brought me back to a dark time I wished to never remember.

4/10 needs more hookjumps

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

Wooted by: (5)

#18 2021-08-20 05:21:12

HydraK90

It's 11pm and I haven't had any caffeine today and it hurts to look at text so that's why I'm not looking at the original post for answers kthx
I've got a few questions about SEEP ( if you're able to think of / remember the answers ) :
1. Did it ever get broken by players?
‹ ‹ ‹ 1a. If so, did you fix the problem? How?
2. When did you get the idea for SEEP, and how long did it take from that idea to start developing it?
3. A stranger question: Did /listportals ever lag you out?
4. Were there any scrapped ideas?
5. Did SEEP have a bot?
‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ 5a. If so, did you consider going botless?
‹ ‹ ‹ ‹‹ 5b. If not, did you consider getting/making one?
6. About how long did it take to draw out the final idea/sketch for the map?
7. Any memorable moments from you playing SEEP?

|         hi, i'm anne!        |
    i do some silly things

#19 2021-08-20 06:04:28, last edited by Kirby (2021-08-20 06:04:40)

Kirby

HydraK90 wrote:

1. Did it ever get broken by players?
‹ ‹ ‹ 1a. If so, did you fix the problem? How?

Yes, all the time. It was a very very complicated system so it was bound to fail, especially considering it was EE. If you tab out of the game while going through the systems, it would most likely break something, and because of flash being dumb there wasn't really much we could do about that. Even with all that though, it still worked much more consistently than one would expect.

HydraK90 wrote:

2. When did you get the idea for SEEP, and how long did it take from that idea to start developing it?

I was screwing around in an EE level with Pingohits, and glanced next to me and noticed a copy of Mario Party 7 for the gamecube, and I was reminded of a Mario Party bot assisted level by SmittyW, so I suggested we try to see if we can test our system-building skills and make it fully automatic.

The creation of the level from start to finish took about a year, with not too many breaks between

HydraK90 wrote:

3. A stranger question: Did /listportals ever lag you out?

Nah, but it would make the chat nearly unusable because of how small the scrollbar would be. I pasted the entire thing in the OP so you can see just how long it was

HydraK90 wrote:

4. Were there any scrapped ideas?

Not that I remember tbh, considering how hard everything is to set up and hook up, scrapped minigames/whatever wouldn't really get past the planning phase unless they were actually finished and put in the level

HydraK90 wrote:

5. Did SEEP have a bot?

No, this level was completely automatic. 4 people could join the level and play without needing me to be there. We used EEditor by Capasha and PlugIt by LukeM to help with building, but that's just for filling and copying. Plus, Smitty already made the bot-assisted Mario Party, which imo was a lot more fun to play than Super EE Party, so wasn't much of a point in trying to make another bot to copy that.

HydraK90 wrote:

6. About how long did it take to draw out the final idea/sketch for the map?

idk a few days, map sketch didn't take that long but we refined the art slowly over time, and a lot of different people helped make it look nice

HydraK90 wrote:

7. Any memorable moments from you playing SEEP?

All my memorable moments are from building. Some that I remember are finding a completely new physics bug with portals because we just happened to make a system in a perfect way to trigger the bug, and I still remember the first time a full game actually functioned properly, that was pretty cool

#20 2021-08-27 13:45:16

Onjit
Website

i try playing in EEO and other players are AFK always HELP buggy level 3/10 art is cool

:.|:;

#21 2024-03-22 22:04:13

RedsterTheGamer

I've been thinking about trying to port this to EERewritten, but I wanted to make sure that you were okay with it before I went through with it. Is that okay with you?

Hello there, poyobois!

#22 2024-03-23 14:57:50

Kirby

yes go ahead i want to play this again

Wooted by:

#23 2024-03-23 20:57:21

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Kirby wrote: