Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 2018-08-07 00:15:00, last edited by hummerz5 (2018-08-07 04:30:42)

Drpoopie (Goldy#1048)

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

azurepudding wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:

This brings up an interesting topic. The fanboys are indeed seasonal smileys, and it does make sense to give them out in this fashion. However, the Fanboy 1 is a smiley I along with many others believe to represent veteranship in the game. I don't feel it does it justice to give it out as an accessory to a shirt, as it would be like winning a design contest because you paid designers to make the best looking object or, in contrast, giving people big spenders & diamonds for free because they made a cool design. Personally, I think limiting the prize pool to the Fanboy 2 & 3 would make more sense, maybe with the fanboy 3 being an accessory to its own shirt or a smiley that incorporates a shirt.
I know I'm biased because I own and take pride in the Fanboy 1, but I still always feel that if an old prize smiley is reintroduced, it should be in a redesigned form to take into account how much times have changed. That being said, I could see if a Fanboy 1 was reintroduced as a high tier Patreon reward, if you bought more than one shirt, or along with making it clear who already owned one rather than being a choice between it and the Fanboy 2.

Either way, I'll probably buy a shirt nonetheless (not agreeing in the way something is implemented doesn't make me tantrum like certain other community members... at least anymore) but not participate in the picture process since I'm a paranoid idiot who doesn't share his info with anyone for any reason for anxiety related issues when it comes to people knowing who I am.

Can't you be a fan of the game without having played back when they were temporarily available?  I mean I played before fanboy 1 was out and I still don't have it because it just happened that fanboy 1 and fanboy 2 were around during my breaks from the game.  But even if I did have them, we shouldn't treat "veterans" more special than new players.. every player should be treated equally.  Someone who joined 8 years ago is just as important as someone who joined today.  "Veteranship" is meaningless and can't be accurately measured anyway besides putting a "Joined on: " field on a user profile.

All seriousness though - instead of advertising a product to the Everybody Edits' players you already have, you could...advertise the game itself, perhaps?
I mean come on; back then we had FULL WORLDS. but now the average is around 5 per world and it's boring. Come to think of it, that's probably why EE doesn't have that many players: it's because it doesn't have as many players! We need more players!!

Please don't double post -hz5

So has anyone here ever spilled beans all over their shirt while watching Cars 2 in theaters recently?

#102 2018-08-07 01:04:38

Joeyc

you think we haven't thought of that, literally cost money to advertise to make money.

#103 2018-08-07 05:18:16

Drpoopie (Goldy#1048)

Joeyc wrote:

you think we haven't thought of that, literally cost money to advertise to make money.

Well advertise more xd

So has anyone here ever spilled beans all over their shirt while watching Cars 2 in theaters recently?

#104 2018-08-07 22:20:24

Guest.

unknown.png
thanks it smells like chemicals

fanboy 1 pls?? ? :-)

#105 2018-08-07 22:49:49

Xfrogman43

"do you like golf." shouldnt that be a question mark? pls fix

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by: (2)

#106 2018-08-07 22:53:04

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Xfrogman43 wrote:

"do you like golf." shouldnt that be a question mark? pls fix

also missing timestamp

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#107 2018-08-08 09:42:54

peace

Jet wrote:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … nknown.png
thanks it smells like chemicals

fanboy 1 pls?? ? :-)

these shirts are very nice made xenonetix it snot that i'm able to buy one but i have to say you did  agreat job

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by: (2)

#108 2018-08-08 17:18:54

Zumza

I don't understand why you can't buy fanboy directly from gems, in the end it's the same thing.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#109 2018-08-08 17:41:41

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Zumza wrote:

I don't understand why you can't buy fanboy directly from gems, in the end it's the same thing.

it's not, buying a fanboy from gems won't reveal your cute young face //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (3)

#110 2018-08-08 18:40:08, last edited by Raphe9000 (2018-08-08 18:42:03)

Raphe9000

Zumza wrote:

The staff make less from it, but I think it is because it advertises the game in real life and shows you're dedicated enough to it to showcase it on your shirt.
Edit: Also you're probably less likely to quit (and therefore more likely to continually support) the game when you have a reminder for it in your wardrobe.

Raphe90001533750008718630

Board footer