Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-05 15:31:59

Anatoly

A feature - but also a bug.

Everyone’s edit removed after code change

#2 2018-08-05 15:34:54

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: A feature - but also a bug.

I don't know what that means

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 2018-08-05 15:35:30

Kirby

yeah diff dont change the forum code or we may lose our edit rights

#4 2018-08-05 16:40:30

Different55
Forum Admin

Wait are you still going on about users moving their own topics? Knock it off, it's not happening, and misplacing your own topics is just ensuring that.

Even knowing you're talking about the game, I have no idea what you're trying to say so I'm just going to dump this in Game Discussion.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#5 2018-08-05 16:42:19

Jorc

Different55 wrote:

Wait are you still going on about users moving their own topics? Knock it off, it's not happening, and misplacing your own topics is just ensuring that.

Even knowing you're talking about the game, I have no idea what you're trying to say so I'm just going to dump this in Game Discussion.

its easy to understand

anatoly meant that if owner changes the code in his world, people' edit got removed

#6 2018-08-05 17:01:15

Latif

How is this a bug? It actually makes sense. If people got edit by the code, and the code changes, they should lose edit because there's a new code. It's just like two people sharing an account, and one of them changes the password so the other one has to log in again with the new password.

The only thing I don't like is that people who got edit by a command (/giveedit, /ge, /gedit) also lose edit. This actually shouldn't happen.

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2018-08-05 17:02:06

Br0k3n

I always thought it was intentional in case someone publicly shared the code (saying in chat for example).

Also, was this really topic worthy?

?type=online&name=br0k3n ?type=lastlogin&name=br0k3n ?type=loginstreak&name=br0k3n

76561198080960604.png

#8 2018-08-05 17:45:49

Different55
Forum Admin

EEJoranasc wrote:
Different55 wrote:

its easy to understand

anatoly meant that if owner changes the code in his world, people' edit got removed

I know what he's talking about, I have no idea what he's trying to say. He's talking about a fact. He doesn't say he wants it changed (Bug Reports or Game Suggestions) so I'm just dumping it in Game Discussion. "The sky is blue" is understandable but you can't start a discussion with just that.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#9 2018-08-05 17:47:38

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

It's intentional - It's not a bug - It's been like that since 2010. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Xenonetix-2.png

Wooted by: (3)

#10 2018-08-05 17:48:23

Jorc

Different55 wrote:
EEJoranasc wrote:
Different55 wrote:

its easy to understand

I know what he's talking about, I have no idea what he's trying to say. He's talking about a fact. He doesn't say he wants it changed (Bug Reports or Game Suggestions) so I'm just dumping it in Game Discussion. "The sky is blue" is understandable but you can't start a discussion with just that.

oh ok, i get it what you mean

he probably wants that everyone's edit wont get removed after code changed

#11 2018-08-05 17:49:27, last edited by TaskManager (2018-08-05 17:50:23)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Different55 wrote:
EEJoranasc wrote:
Different55 wrote:

its easy to understand

Why? What if you say the sky is blue but I will deny that? And I might be right just as much as you are. Imagine that I live on Mars and the sky isn't blue for me. And now we have a fierce discussion going on

AND NO don't remove this feature that anatoly is talking about

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#12 2018-08-06 08:53:00, last edited by Anatoly (2018-08-06 08:54:50)

Anatoly

Latif wrote:

How is this a bug? It actually makes sense. If people got edit by the code, and the code changes, they should lose edit because there's a new code. It's just like two people sharing an account, and one of them changes the password so the other one has to log in again with the new password.

The only thing I don't like is that people who got edit by a command (/giveedit, /ge, /gedit) also lose edit. This actually shouldn't happen.

Yes but it also removes edit from people who got it with /giveedit by world owner and that sucks.

Edit: “If you get edit from world owner dir3ctly you shouldn’t have it removed.”

#13 2018-08-06 09:37:24

peace

Xenonetix wrote:

It's intentional - It's not a bug - It's been like that since 2010. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

yes it is btu its sometimes very irritated ok i understand poeple who rechived edit via code will rget it removed but what if you gave some people edit with /gedit or just simply giving edit then its annnoying

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#14 2018-08-06 09:40:05

minam

peace wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:

yes it is btu its sometimes very irritated ok i understand poeple who rechived edit via code will rget it removed but what if you gave some people edit with /gedit or just simply giving edit then its annnoying

But this feature is an "emergency plug" for all the free edit worlds.

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#15 2018-08-06 12:00:54

bunglybongle

what

#16 2018-08-06 12:22:16

Latif

Anatoly wrote:

Yes but it also removes edit from people who got it with /giveedit by world owner and that sucks.

Latif wrote:

??

I already said that

Wooted by:

#17 2018-08-06 21:14:17

azurepudding

Different55 wrote:
EEJoranasc wrote:
Different55 wrote:

its easy to understand

I think given the title, it's implied "please fix this."

Azure2.png

#18 2018-08-06 23:48:53

Latif

azurepudding wrote:

We actually don't even know what he wants. I doubt he even knows the definition of a bug. Please be more clear Anatoly.

Wooted by:

#19 2018-08-07 04:20:35

azurepudding

Latif wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

We actually don't even know what he wants. I doubt he even knows the definition of a bug. Please be more clear Anatoly.

I mean, I got it just fine from the first post.  shrug

Azure2.png

azurepudding1533612035718432

Board footer