Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-02 21:04:35

Raanie

Official Bot Worlds

How come there are no bot-assisted worlds by the staff with funny and/or interesting mini-games that could (maybe) be ran full time?

Games that would keep track of points or other information and build leaderboards.

I haven't peeked into the game in a very long time and wonder if there will ever be something similar to ICanDigiT, shift, Yo scroll, the shooting tanks game, Squadfs' Crown!..?      I forget.

I also remember a chess game, it was very well made but still, chess is available as a stand-alone elsewhere and real life too. Recently I enjoyed myself in a block pushing puzzle game

where the goal is to untangle clusters of different blocks by matching three of a kind in a row while making sure to not push yourself into an impossible to win state.

Bots really enhanced my playing experience and I do miss them, they were fun!

#2 2018-08-02 21:09:45

bunglybongle

Re: Official Bot Worlds

tHiS iSn'T DiScOrD YoU KnoW

#3 2018-08-02 21:46:49

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

There’s no good reason why not. It’s just that nobody’s gone to the trouble of doing it.

It’s not even that hard to make one that can run without a human watching it (see Watchdog timer).

But it’s a little harder to keep it online 24/7. Perhaps a JavaScript bot hosted by a server..?

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#4 2018-08-05 19:00:14

MartenM
Website

Tomahawk wrote:

But it’s a little harder to keep it online 24/7. Perhaps a JavaScript bot hosted by a server..?

Or just any program + a raspberrie.

Bots are easy to host but the player count is just not there to sustain the room for long enough. Hosting something 24/7 for only 10 plays is not really worth it and not enjoyable either.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by:
MartenM1533492014718251

Board footer