Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-02 00:01:13

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

Hi Everybody!

If you don't have them yet, now's your chance to get the Fanboy Smileys!

We believe that the true fans are the ones buying the new T-Shirts! After careful consideration, we decided not to release a new Fanboy smiley, but if you purchase a T-shirt, take a photo of yourself wearing it, and send it to [email protected], or just message me the photo here on the forums, we will issue you your choice of Fanboy I or Fanboy II, or, if you already own both, you'll receive 200 gems! (You can't receive 200 gems instead of the Fanboy Smiley, and can only receive 200 gems once!)

fanboys.png

If you don't own either of the Fanboy smileys, the only way you can now get both is if you're such a big fan that you purchase two different EE T-shirts, and take photos of yourself wearing both of them!

Please make sure to include all the following details in your email or message:

• The photo! (naturally)

• Everybody Edits Username

• Choice of Fanboy I or Fanboy II

• Whether you'd like to keep the photo private, or allow us to potentially post it in public in future.

We look forward to seeing your submissions!

Update: You can also take a picture of yourself holding the mug, or somehow get a photo of you using a phone with the phone case on it!

~ Xenonetix ~

Xenonetix_2.png

#2 2018-08-02 00:14:05, last edited by Joeyc (2018-08-02 00:14:23)

Joeyc

Re: Fanboy Smileys From T-Shirts, Mugs & Phone Cases!

holy ****, milking the community. good way to get money though since im totally doing it

Wooted by:

#3 2018-08-02 00:23:29

Raphe9000

This brings up an interesting topic. The fanboys are indeed seasonal smileys, and it does make sense to give them out in this fashion. However, the Fanboy 1 is a smiley I along with many others believe to represent veteranship in the game. I don't feel it does it justice to give it out as an accessory to a shirt, as it would be like winning a design contest because you paid designers to make the best looking object or, in contrast, giving people big spenders & diamonds for free because they made a cool design. Personally, I think limiting the prize pool to the Fanboy 2 & 3 would make more sense, maybe with the fanboy 3 being an accessory to its own shirt or a smiley that incorporates a shirt.
I know I'm biased because I own and take pride in the Fanboy 1, but I still always feel that if an old prize smiley is reintroduced, it should be in a redesigned form to take into account how much times have changed. That being said, I could see if a Fanboy 1 was reintroduced as a high tier Patreon reward, if you bought more than one shirt, or along with making it clear who already owned one rather than being a choice between it and the Fanboy 2.

Either way, I'll probably buy a shirt nonetheless (not agreeing in the way something is implemented doesn't make me tantrum like certain other community members... at least anymore) but not participate in the picture process since I'm a paranoid idiot who doesn't share his info with anyone for any reason for anxiety related issues when it comes to people knowing who I am.

Wooted by: (5)

#4 2018-08-02 00:24:53, last edited by Joeyc (2018-08-02 00:30:00)

Joeyc

too bad i clicked checkout so now you have to give me 2. I was rightfully promised 2 smileys I'm not taking my money back either..

#5 2018-08-02 00:41:04

Guest.

this is cool n all but can you like not ask a community that generally consists of children to send pictures of themselves to you in dms

just ask for a pic of the shirt and a slip of paper with their username under it or smth

Wooted by: (4)

#6 2018-08-02 00:43:17

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Jet wrote:

can you like not ask a community that generally consists of children to send pictures of themselves to you in dms

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
send them to me instead

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (5)

#7 2018-08-02 00:47:00, last edited by Joeyc (2018-08-02 00:47:46)

Joeyc

Jet wrote:

this is cool n all but can you like not ask a community that generally consists of children to send pictures of themselves to you in dms

just ask for a pic of the shirt and a slip of paper with their username under it or smth

You're not forced to show your face, I'm planning to blur it out.

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2018-08-02 01:08:45

azurepudding

Raphe9000 wrote:

This brings up an interesting topic. The fanboys are indeed seasonal smileys, and it does make sense to give them out in this fashion. However, the Fanboy 1 is a smiley I along with many others believe to represent veteranship in the game. I don't feel it does it justice to give it out as an accessory to a shirt, as it would be like winning a design contest because you paid designers to make the best looking object or, in contrast, giving people big spenders & diamonds for free because they made a cool design. Personally, I think limiting the prize pool to the Fanboy 2 & 3 would make more sense, maybe with the fanboy 3 being an accessory to its own shirt or a smiley that incorporates a shirt.
I know I'm biased because I own and take pride in the Fanboy 1, but I still always feel that if an old prize smiley is reintroduced, it should be in a redesigned form to take into account how much times have changed. That being said, I could see if a Fanboy 1 was reintroduced as a high tier Patreon reward, if you bought more than one shirt, or along with making it clear who already owned one rather than being a choice between it and the Fanboy 2.

Either way, I'll probably buy a shirt nonetheless (not agreeing in the way something is implemented doesn't make me tantrum like certain other community members... at least anymore) but not participate in the picture process since I'm a paranoid idiot who doesn't share his info with anyone for any reason for anxiety related issues when it comes to people knowing who I am.

Can't you be a fan of the game without having played back when they were temporarily available?  I mean I played before fanboy 1 was out and I still don't have it because it just happened that fanboy 1 and fanboy 2 were around during my breaks from the game.  But even if I did have them, we shouldn't treat "veterans" more special than new players.. every player should be treated equally.  Someone who joined 8 years ago is just as important as someone who joined today.  "Veteranship" is meaningless and can't be accurately measured anyway besides putting a "Joined on: " field on a user profile.

Azure2.png

Wooted by: (4)

#9 2018-08-02 01:17:44, last edited by Joeyc (2018-08-02 01:18:30)

Joeyc

I find this is actually better since the community, as well as new players actually have a chance to get this. Instead of locking it away cause a few people are crying about a stupid smiley.

#10 2018-08-02 01:23:48, last edited by Raphe9000 (2018-08-02 01:24:55)

Raphe9000

azurepudding wrote:

Can't you be a fan of the game without having played back when they were temporarily available?  I mean I played before fanboy 1 was out and I still don't have it because it just happened that fanboy 1 and fanboy 2 were around during my breaks from the game.  But even if I did have them, we shouldn't treat "veterans" more special than new players.. every player should be treated equally.  Someone who joined 8 years ago is just as important as someone who joined today.  "Veteranship" is meaningless and can't be accurately measured anyway besides putting a "Joined on: " field on a user profile.

Which is why just introducing a new variation or giving out the 2nd variation would be the best of both worlds, like I said. Old players get to keep their recognition for staying with the game through thick and thin for years, and new players get their recognition as fans who support the game. I also gave multiple other options that would still convey the smiley's value whilst making it available to newer players. That "meaningless number" is still a symbol of almost 7 years of my life.
The Ultimate Fan smiley was described as a symbol of people who love the game and stayed with it, and that's why it came back in new iterations rather than giving out the same thing over and over again. According to what you are saying, people who buy the shirts should also get their yonom stats changed to say they've played for 8 years because 'it's a meaningless number' whilst apparently simultaneously describing your importance (it doesn't at all, but it is meaningful to the people that went through the trouble of getting it the first or second time).

#11 2018-08-02 01:43:44, last edited by mrjawapa (2018-08-02 01:45:24)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Jet wrote:

Why are innocent pictures an issue now?

Edit:

$22 for a t-shirt! Holy ****. I'll just be naked thx.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2018-08-02 01:49:29

Xfrogman43

hi its 20$ for 220 gems as posted here

tpPK2qm.png

i get you have to make money but isnt that a ripoff

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#13 2018-08-02 01:53:46

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Raphe9000 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

Which is why just introducing a new variation or giving out the 2nd variation would be the best of both worlds, like I said. Old players get to keep their recognition for staying with the game through thick and thin for years, and new players get their recognition as fans who support the game. I also gave multiple other options that would still convey the smiley's value whilst making it available to newer players. That "meaningless number" is still a symbol of almost 7 years of my life.
The Ultimate Fan smiley was described as a symbol of people who love the game and stayed with it, and that's why it came back in new iterations rather than giving out the same thing over and over again. According to what you are saying, people who buy the shirts should also get their yonom stats changed to say they've played for 8 years because 'it's a meaningless number' whilst apparently simultaneously describing your importance (it doesn't at all, but it is meaningful to the people that went through the trouble of getting it the first or second time).

We don't need more fanboy designs, this would only clutter the game with dozens of different fanboy designs. This will hopefully change in the Reboot(tm).

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:

#14 2018-08-02 01:54:49

Guest.

Xfrogman43 wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/tpPK2qm.png

no..? he doesnt have to give the gems or smileys at all, the point is buying the shirt and those are free bonuses so you arent losing anything

#15 2018-08-02 01:57:30, last edited by azurepudding (2018-08-02 02:03:43)

azurepudding

Raphe9000 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

You would have to keep introducing new fanboys with this system, and I don't think we need 20+ different fanboy smileys eventually.  The second one was a mistake, it should've just been the first one again, available for FANS.

you also compared this to a contest which this wasn't.. no one had to compete for anything.  they're not giving out pumpkin smileys here, just the fanboys.

Xfrogman43 wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/tpPK2qm.png

It's not a rip off because you're getting a shirt with it.  20 bucks for 220 gems, or 22 bucks for 200 gems and a shirt.  So consider the shirt costing 20 gems or 2 bucks I guess.

Azure2.png

#16 2018-08-02 02:03:48

Raphe9000

azurepudding wrote:

You would have to keep introducing new fanboys with this system, and I don't think we need 20+ different fanboy smileys eventually.  The second one was a mistake, it should've just been the first one again, available for FANS.

There are solutions to this, like dedicating the 2nd fanboy (literally being about giving it instead of the original to people) to this.

azurepudding wrote:

you also compared this to a contest which this wasn't.. no one had to compete for anything.  they're not giving out pumpkin smileys here, just the fanboys.

I'm bringing up a related event.

#17 2018-08-02 02:31:34

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Raphe9000 wrote:

Raphe9000 wrote:

Old players get to keep their recognition for staying with the game through thick and thin for years, and new players get their recognition as fans who support the game. I also gave multiple other options that would still convey the smiley's value whilst making it available to newer players. That "meaningless number" is still a symbol of almost 7 years of my life.

Understandable reactions, and we anticipated there would be some controversy based on this decision, but we did ask the community about the nature of the Fanboys here in order to receive feedback before we made this decision:

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=41592

One of the points you've made is to suggest giving out the 2nd variation, but people who own only the 2nd variation mostly have very similar opinions to yourself as you do with the 1st variation. We decided in the end that we didn't want to compound the problem further by adding a 3rd variation.

But we also have to accept that it is relatively unfair on the members of wider community that have arrived since the Fanboys came out that they just didn't happen to be around at the time both Fanboys were made available. For a long time, we considered the possibility of allowing people to earn Fanboy again in the exact same ways people got them in the past, but decided that would make it too easy (considering both of them had the opportunity to be gained by emailing fanart, and not only by delivering postcards). So basically, we decided this was the best compromise we could come up with that still keeps it relatively exclusive, whilst rewarding the people supporting us by purchasing and wearing T-shirts. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Xenonetix_2.png

Wooted by:

#18 2018-08-02 03:21:42

The Party Animal
Formerly TPA2

If these dont make money theirs gonna be cutbacks from the staff team im sorry but....Zoey you're gonna have to go

#19 2018-08-02 03:38:23

Joeyc

srs why are you complaining about the rewards, the shirt is if you want it and like to support by wearing a smiley on you all the time. not about the fanboys or gems, those are just extra's for buying merch which are likely thanking you.

Wooted by:

#20 2018-08-02 04:06:50

Teds
Formerly thanksmom

Too much money //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

frMwFcJ.png

?type=online&name=teds ?type=energy&name=teds ?type=gems&name=teds ?type=loginstreak&name=teds ?type=lastlogin&name=teds ?type=itemsbought&name=teds ?type=registered&name=teds

rfDxHLi.gif

#21 2018-08-02 04:16:14

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Teds wrote:

You could get a 10% discount though, so that's fine //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Xenonetix_2.png

#22 2018-08-02 05:18:55

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Xenonetix wrote:

Hi Everybody!

If you don't have them yet, now's your chance to get the Fanboy Smileys!

We believe that the true fans are the ones buying the new T-Shirts! After careful consideration, we decided not to release a new Fanboy smiley, but if you purchase a T-shirt, take a photo of yourself wearing it, and send it to [email protected], or just message me the photo here on the forums, we will issue you your choice of Fanboy I or Fanboy II, or, if you already own both, you'll receive 200 gems! (You can't receive 200 gems instead of the Fanboy Smiley.)

If you don't own either of the Fanboy smileys, the only way you can now get both is if you're such a big fan that you purchase two different EE T-shirts, and take photos of yourself wearing both of them!

Please make sure to include all the following details in your email or message:

• The photo! (naturally)

• Everybody Edits Username

• Choice of Fanboy I or Fanboy II

• Whether you'd like to keep the photo private, or allow us to potentially post it in public in future.

We look forward to seeing your submissions!

~ Xenonetix ~

How much for a Tee? I'll cop a black one my G!
glad to support the game, and good to see it's still got someone working hard to keep it alive!!
#Respect

Wooted by:

#23 2018-08-02 05:42:33, last edited by azurepudding (2018-08-02 05:43:40)

azurepudding

Raphe9000 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

There are solutions to this, like dedicating the 2nd fanboy (literally being about giving it instead of the original to people) to this.

Uh?? But why purposely lock the first one away, and only allow the second to return?  You want the first kept for "vets" but the second one not to be?  If you are arguing it would be unfair for fanboy 1 owners, then how is this not "unfair" to fanboy 2 owners?  It sounds like you just want a special smiley to yourself, that you do care who gets the first but not the second.  //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Don't know why people can be so protective over these smileys, I bet you most won't even wear it, but those who will, those who ARE fans of the game, those who bought merch even.. why is it unfair for them to get to enjoy something alongside you?

Raphe9000 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

I'm bringing up a related event.

It's still not a contest.  You are comparing scenarios where you have to win and beat everyone else for a smiley, to one where you complete a task to earn a smiley that hundreds of others also earned.

Azure2.png

#24 2018-08-02 06:03:54

Kira

I'm fine with that, I own both of the fanboys.

You guys need to stop making a big deal out of everything, really.

$44 Dollars for a smiley? Now that's being a fanboy. More than sending a simple letter!

#25 2018-08-02 06:13:06

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

I dont even want to care

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Raphe90001533750008718630

Board footer