Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-28 21:43:54

Pqwerty

Are there any websites that teach advanced programming skills?

I've seen a lot of websites like codecademy.com and dataquest.io that teach you basic programming skills. But, I can't find any websites that teach advanced topics. Any suggestions?

#2 2018-07-28 21:59:20

XxAtillaxX

Re: Are there any websites that teach advanced programming skills?

I'm certain you'll find plenty of advanced lessons out there if you look for them. I'll give you my personal suggestion though: try to directly apply the knowledge you receive rather than merely attempting to absorb it.

If you work on a project, you'll have real experience that'll be there when you need it. If you study and don't actually use it, you'll eventually forget. It's the equivalent of learning to ride a bike through reading books on the matter vis-a-vis sitting your **** down on a real bike and pressing the pedals.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (4)

#3 2018-07-28 22:19:30, last edited by LukeM (2018-07-28 22:27:07)

LukeM
Website

Re: Are there any websites that teach advanced programming skills?

I pretty much agree with what Atilla said, but just thought I would add a little:

With more advanced programming, theres so much more to learn that you can't really have it all in a single place, which means you can no longer just have a list of things to learn. I find that a good way to learn things is to have a goal in mind, which you try to complete, then when you get to something that you can't do / want to do better you google that thing, read a couple of web pages about it, and then try what you were doing again.

I guess examples of mine have been my Mars Mine bot to learn object oriented programming, my website to learn how the internet works, the navigation bar on my website to learn css, PlugIt to learn javascript, etc.

LukeM1532812770716707

Board footer