Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-09 21:49:48, last edited by St1ckS4m(EE) (2018-07-11 05:45:58)

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

Maximum Possible Speed Limits in Game?

I know this seems complicated, so I really don't know if these questions can be answered or not. I'm just curious.
These expert questions may be very difficult to answer correctly.

• 1. What is the maximum X and Y speed velocity you can possibly reach?

• 2. How much force of gravity is in the game?

• 3. What is the maximum speed of gravity you can reach?

• 4. What's the jumping speed? (This one's not possible to answer.)

• 5. What's the maximum movement speed you can move around without any gravity arrows, and gravity effects?

• 6. How fast does the auto-align mechanic react?

• 7. What's the amount of air resistance? (I really don't know how to fix this question.)

Note: I don't think it's possible to answer the last two questions correctly.

Sorry if these questions are too scientific. I'm not this much of an expert at math or science. :/

Too difficult?

Edit: I tried to edit some of the questions to make them more understandable. However, since the 4th question makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, I guess we'll just leave it unanswered due to my lack of writing skills.

"π“—π“˜π“–π“— π“ π“€π“π“›π“˜π“£π“¨" non-animated signature.
MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent Β―\_(ΒΊ_o)_/Β―
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

#2 2018-07-11 00:34:06

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Re: Maximum Possible Speed Limits in Game?

6 is hard and 7 needs translating.

For the rest, somebody go decompile the client and find all the physics constants.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this clichΓ© blind them.

#3 2018-07-11 00:44:35

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

You're confusing speed with acceleration a lot, primarily in questions 2, 4 and 7
Most of these questions can be answered but do you have a neat way to measure speed?

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#4 2018-07-11 04:41:30, last edited by Freckleface (2018-07-11 04:42:14)

Freckleface

TaskManager wrote:

You're confusing speed with acceleration a lot, primarily in questions 2, 4 and 7
Most of these questions can be answered but do you have a neat way to measure speed?

Blocks per second using a timer and/or video seems easiest. Shouldnt take too long to figure out move speed.

F

#5 2018-07-11 05:36:35, last edited by St1ckS4m(EE) (2018-07-11 11:02:07)

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

Tomahawk wrote:

6 is hard and 7 needs translating.

For the rest, somebody go decompile the client and find all the physics constants.

My vocabulary disorder hates me, so I don't know how to translate 7. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

TaskManager wrote:

Incomprehensive sentences are a serious issue for me, because I don't know how to rephrase or reiterate the questions to clarify them more coherently- Wait, that was even less comprehensive, wasn't it? Sorry, I hate it when I can't correct something to make them clear enough to understand. I can't fix that. :/

Oh, and I don't know any way of measuring speed.

MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent Β―\_(ΒΊ_o)_/Β―
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

#6 2018-07-11 09:52:06

peace

now im also wonderinghow far can you jump wiht max 'speed' wihtout effects and wiht effects/ice

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#7 2018-07-11 11:02:30

ASDruska

why cant we just invent b/ps or blocks per second so we can answer all of these

cringe ^
based v

#8 2018-07-11 11:08:40, last edited by St1ckS4m(EE) (2019-08-21 03:37:07)

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

ASDruska wrote:

Not sure.

Tbh, these are the most difficult questions I've ever asked. I don't even know if we can record the speed of this stuff. xD

MfF1IHH.png

#9 2018-07-11 11:27:07

Kira

giphy.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#10 2018-07-11 13:18:23

peace

so what did you just who us?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#11 2018-07-11 13:29:24, last edited by Freckleface (2018-07-11 13:30:45)

Freckleface

Sticksam wrote:
ASDruska wrote:

Not sure.

Tbh, these are the most difficult questions, I've ever asked. I don't even know if we can record the speed of this stuff. xD

Freckleface wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Blocks per second using a timer and/or video seems easiest. Shouldnt take too long to figure out move speed.

You just record yourself moving at max speed  and see how many blocks you traveled in 1 second. Its really not that hard.
Some questions require some more thinking but you can find out some of them this way

F

#12 2018-07-11 16:35:34

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

You don't need to fix 7 - I can easily parse it as "How quickly do you slow down while not moving?"

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#13 2018-07-11 20:12:18

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

Slabdrill wrote:

You don't need to fix 7 - I can easily parse it as "How quickly do you slow down while not moving?"

Oh, that makes perfect sense. I hadn't thought about it that way.

Freckleface wrote:
Sticksam wrote:
ASDruska wrote:

Not sure.

Tbh, these are the most difficult questions, I've ever asked. I don't even know if we can record the speed of this stuff. xD

Freckleface wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

You just record yourself moving at max speed  and see how many blocks you traveled in 1 second. Its really not that hard.
Some questions require some more thinking but you can find out some of them this way

I know, and it could be difficult to get accurate results. (Depending on how you measure speed.)

MfF1IHH.png

St1ckS4m(EE)1531336338713902

Board footer