Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-04 13:41:46

Raphe9000

More invisible things!

Everywhere I go in the game and on the forums, I see people praising invisible things. Here's a few examples of this from a few anonymous people:

WORST ADDITIONS TO THE GAME PLEASE REVERT THEM BACK IN MY DAY LEVELS MADE BY NOOBS WERE PLAYABLE NOW THEY ARE NOT

NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY AN AWFUL WORLD WITH INVIS PORTALS BUT EVERYONE WANTS TO MAKE ONE

Everything. Anything that moves the player in any way should be visible, it is unintuitive and awful to play.

I think most people can agree that invisible blocks and gravity are a huge annoyance. They can easily turn an otherwise great level into a very detested one. Invisible gravity and blocks are commonly used without warning and in most cases there is nothing to indicate you are about to be screwed over by something complete out of control. To me, they just seem to be a play thing of new users who like to make their levels as bs as possible. At least, that's the use I've mainly seen them for. It's very rare that I see an experienced level designer use invisible gravity.

As you can see, everybody likes invisible things. Well, I thought invisible spikes would be a good addition because it would punish players with more than just invisible blocks. Now, if you go out of bounds, you die. Also, it is no secret that new players love to use invisible things. In fact, they are blocking off 99% of the crowns in those 100 Awesome Crazy Red Plastic Bruce <<<UNIQUE>>> Minigames worlds, the easiest to create and least quality demanding world of them all! That means that they would surely attract new players.

The next suggestion is invisible purple gates and switches. As we all know by now, lock combinations are hard to make uncrackable because everything is visible. In fact, it is also hard to lead players on aimless journeys for hours without them. Don't you want to artificially lengthen the gameplay of your world? If so, these are the blocks for you! This would mean that new players would use purple gates and switches more too because their invisible!

Finally, we have the best suggestion yet, and invisible smiley. The invisible smiley would be unlocked as a prize for beating a new campaign composed entirely of invisible blocks, hazards, and other invisible things. The invisible smiley would be undetectable, as it would also hide your username, aura, fact you placed any blocks, and even the fact you're in the world. That being said, terrorizing your friends will be easier than ever, as you can still place and activate things!

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2018-07-04 13:56:56

PTU
Formerly Pipec

Re: More invisible things!

invis suck //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad:mad: //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad:mad:

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2018-07-04 14:18:54

Minisaurus
Banned

The only invisible stuff I like and would mind to use:
- Invisible portals (Like every action tool in EE, it depends of how it is used).
- Suddenly decoration appearance (Animation related to distance between the player and the decoration).
- Totally invisible blocks (The ones that does not have any graphics, it depend of how it is used, to grasp the real potential of the item).
- I would definitively use invisible backgrounds, that would fix a lot of eyerape on minigame based maps (Only the player that have god mode and edit can see those while flying).
- Invisible smileys are a thing, the option to hide players is really useful, and makes all of them ¨invisible¨

That is my opinion on invisible items, and to be honest, sometimes invisible stuff is better than visible ones.

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2018-07-04 15:07:04

pncordik

Invisible smiley can be picked up a block? (EX: hologram, crown, diamond and etc)

knAxnIR.jpg

#5 2018-07-04 15:52:18

Raphe9000

That would make things too balanced, and invisible things are all about unbalancing everything. You'd choose it like any other smiley of course!

#6 2018-07-04 23:16:38

shadowda

invisible one way platform.

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#7 2018-07-05 00:07:03

ASDruska

give every smiley a dose of invisible and EE's problems will be fixed

we also need more invisible backgrounds

cringe ^
based v

#8 2018-07-05 00:25:27

HeyNK

INVISIBLE ITEMS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#9 2018-07-05 01:17:26

Yu

Can this suggestion be invisible? Thanks.

Wooted by: (3)

#10 2018-07-05 12:33:27, last edited by Raphe9000 (2018-07-05 12:34:27)

Raphe9000

Yu wrote:

This one can.

HeyNK wrote:

INVISIBLE ITEMS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's strange, as you were one of the people I quoted praising invisible items.

#11 2018-07-05 16:10:07

pncordik

Raphe9000 wrote:

That would make things too balanced, and invisible things are all about unbalancing everything. You'd choose it like any other smiley of course!

but have smileys that are picked up by a block
or it is taken from a block, or it is a smiley that has a smiley face and two white eyes (white because I think it fits better) without body (that would be the yellow ball that has in most smileys) not to be totally invisible (being totally invisible as you said and being selectable in the thing of choosing smiley and aura (god mode) that you want, you can cheat in boss to code

knAxnIR.jpg

#12 2018-07-05 16:14:17

Kira

pncordik wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:

but have smileys that are picked up by a block
or it is taken from a block, or it is a smiley that has a smiley face and two white eyes (white because I think it fits better) without body (that would be the yellow ball that has in most smileys) not to be totally invisible (being totally invisible as you said and being selectable in the thing of choosing smiley and aura (god mode) that you want, you can cheat in boss to code

I entirely agree with you there, you do have an important point and a quality reasoning. I fully support you.

#13 2018-07-05 22:02:22

HeyNK

Raphe9000 wrote:
Yu wrote:

This one can.

HeyNK wrote:

That's strange, as you were one of the people I quoted praising invisible items.

learn to read tbh

#14 2018-07-05 22:49:51

Raphe9000

HeyNK wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:
Yu wrote:

This one can.

HeyNK wrote:

learn to read tbh

Your inability to detect sarcasm is stunning. Of course, it is more likely you didn't read my post at all.

#15 2018-07-06 02:17:59

HeyNK

Raphe9000 wrote:
HeyNK wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:
Yu wrote:

This one can.

HeyNK wrote:

learn to read tbh

Your inability to detect sarcasm is stunning. Of course, it is more likely you didn't read my post at all.

um... did you even read my post?

#16 2018-07-06 12:28:20

Raphe9000

HeyNK wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:
HeyNK wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:
Yu wrote:

This one can.

HeyNK wrote:

learn to read tbh

The one praising invisible items? Yes. Your agreement is appreciated. What other invisible items should be added?

#17 2018-07-06 14:45:24

Hyperboy1

I actually like the invisible spikes idea. It's much nicer to use these instead of invisible portals that teleport to a spike hidden in the corner of the world.

I'm too lazy to make an good signature lol

#18 2018-07-06 17:16:45

pncordik

Hyperboy1 wrote:

It's much nicer to use these instead of invisible portals that teleport to a spike hidden in the corner of the world.

nope, its not(at least that's what I think, because you can see the spike)

knAxnIR.jpg

#19 2018-07-07 03:33:28

HeyNK

Raphe9000 wrote:
HeyNK wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:
HeyNK wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:

This one can.

learn to read tbh

The one praising invisible items? Yes. Your agreement is appreciated. What other invisible items should be added?

Yeah... can you repeat my post if you even read it?

#20 2018-07-07 12:06:34

Raphe9000

HeyNK wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:
HeyNK wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:
HeyNK wrote:

learn to read tbh

Yeah... can you repeat my post if you even read it?

I actually invite you to read by original post, all of it, over again to see if you can detect any literary elements showcased here:
https://literaryterms.net/
Particularly near the 's' category.

Raphe90001530961594713278

Board footer