Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-03 18:05:04, last edited by Joeyc (2018-07-03 19:10:05)

Joeyc

The Unofficial Everybody Edits Summer Contest, 2018!

The Unofficial Everybody Edits Summer Contest!      Sail The Seven Sea's with your creation!

unknown.png

Hello everybody, Me and Hexxel were thinking. Since there probably isn't going to be a contest for summer or spring or never again until rEEboot. We decided to host our own.
But Since this is a User hosted contest. There won't be anything special. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile I'm also very happy to host this contest as well. So lets get down to business. Shall we?

Rules and Information

The specific theme is summer only worlds.

There will not be any trophies or anything smileys given throughout this contest nor will you recieve max energy.

If you or anyone creates any alts or adds themsevles to one or more crews by the end of the deadline. You will be disqualifed.

Anything innapropriate will not be judged.

As well, please do not use bots. As it is unfair for everybody else.

Prizes

1st place: 150 gems
2nd place: 100 gems
3rd place: 50 gems
900 Gem Prize Pool

Judges

Eleizibeth!
Hexxel!
Joeyc!
Yoshilogan!
Zoey2070!

Crews

Max players per: Three

World sizes have to be 150x150 or bigger

Level submitting

I figured I'd use the same thing as the previous summer contest
So please submit all of your levels when they're done

Here: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 60#p712760

Do not build after or before the deadline please. Thank you

Deadlines

You have until July 5th to July 31st 1pm EST to submit your world.
We will be judging through August 1st to August 7th.
Prizes will be handed out later the same night.

Have fun, Joeyc.

#2 2018-07-04 00:38:35, last edited by Norwee (2018-07-04 00:49:43)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Re: The Unofficial Everybody Edits Summer Contest, 2018!

Not to be a joykill, but the theme is just "summer"? Really? From all of my years of experience as both an official and unofficial judge in earlier contests i can assure you that this "theme" is horrendous. What defines summer? What decides whether or not this world is more "summery" than the other one? The theme is so vague and undetailed it’s rather problematic. I suggest your team to avoid repeating earlier mistakes and show us an detailed plan of HOW judges will judge the levels. That means showing how you will score the levels, will there be communication between judges? Is art or gameplay important? Is minimap art favoured over ingame art? How much points for creativity? Do you score the "feel of summer" in a level? (Pretty stupid idea in my opinion)
My suggestion is to scrap the summer idea, or make it an more minor part of an more generic "just make a good level" contest without too many restrictions.
If your team shows the potential to detail this out and manage extensive planning, i might actually consider joining this contest. However at it’s current state... no.
[ Also low-key mad that i was not asked to judge (。-∀-) ]
https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=35997
https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=34469

Edit: just found out i literally wrote this same paragraph years ago during the last summer contest. Here’s what i wrote:
- Instead of making vague themes a major part of the contest and scoring. Create a contest called: “make a good level contest” or “creativity contest” so users won’t have to constrain their creativity into rigid “summer” levels. Who cares if a level has “the feel of summer”? Seriously.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (4)

#3 2018-07-04 00:59:03

Raphe9000

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Not to be a joykill, but the theme is just "summer"? Really? From all of my years of experience as both an official and unofficial judge in earlier contests i can assure you that this "theme" is horrendous. What defines summer? What decides whether or not this world is more "summery" than the other one? The theme is so vague and undetailed it’s rather problematic. I suggest your team to avoid repeating earlier mistakes and show us an detailed plan of HOW judges will judge the levels. That means showing how you will score the levels, will there be communication between judges? Is art or gameplay important? Is minimap art favoured over ingame art? How much points for creativity? Do you score the "feel of summer" in a level? (Pretty stupid idea in my opinion)
My suggestion is to scrap the summer idea, or make it an more minor part of an more generic "just make a good level" contest without too many restrictions.
If your team shows the potential to detail this out and manage extensive planning, i might actually consider joining this contest. However at it’s current state... no.
[ Also low-key mad that i was not asked to judge (。-∀-) ]
https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=35997
https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=34469

Edit: just found out i literally wrote this same paragraph years ago during the last summer contest. Here’s what i wrote:
- Instead of making vague themes a major part of the contest and scoring. Create a contest called: “make a good level contest” or “creativity contest” so users won’t have to constrain their creativity into rigid “summer” levels. Who cares if a level has “the feel of summer”? Seriously.

It's not your gems, so you don't get to decide what the contest is.

#4 2018-07-04 01:10:45

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

It’s a suggestion Raphe. If they don’t care they can ignore it. No need to be all "oh it’s not your gems!" That’s just insulting. I know it’s not my bloody gems nor contest. Does that mean i can’t say anything? I was trying to help here.

#5 2018-07-04 01:55:05

Raphe9000

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

It’s a suggestion Raphe. If they don’t care they can ignore it. No need to be all "oh it’s not your gems!" That’s just insulting. I know it’s not my bloody gems nor contest. Does that mean i can’t say anything? I was trying to help here.

You called the theme horrendous and insulted the idea of a contest that has a theme you don't like. It's likely JoeyC is looking for controlled diversity here - or he just wants to make a damn contest that fits the seasonal theme whilst limiting creativity too much.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

No need to be all "oh it’s not your gems!" That’s just insulting.

I'm just highlighting how you seem to be insulting the contest in its core aspect, but you're not harmed by it at all. Just let it be because it really doesn't impact you, and this is how JoeyC chose to spend his gems. I for one respect that.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Does that mean i can’t say anything?

If you went about it in a more respectful manner, I will respect and maybe even adequately understand your opinions.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I was trying to help here.

Trying to help like that is like guiding a fat person on how to become thin whilst you shoot down every idea of theirs to help themselves in a rude manner. You may have good intentions, and you may be the wise one. That does not mean you are helping.

Examples

Back to the part where you said I've no need to emphasize it's not your gems, I'm emphasizing the fact you are judging a contest before submissions are even due so harshly, but you're at no loss here. It's not like your losing anything, and it is most definitely not insulting. It seems to be something you don't truly understand the importance of with feedback more hindering than helpful, even if it is helpful at its core.

A suggestion should be just that. Point out what you don't like, suggest how it can be improved, and point out what you do like and want something to continue. You're just pointing out what you dislike, emphasizing it, and acting almost as an authority, and that is unlikely to warrant the recipient of all of that to budge on their standing.

#6 2018-07-04 02:53:59

Kira

Nice contest but mine is better, come check it out!

Wooted by: (4)

#7 2018-07-04 03:20:08

HeyNK

yeech look at that judge panel

i'm good no thanks

Wooted by: (3)

#8 2018-07-04 03:32:27

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

Kira wrote:

yeah this is just a rip off of yours Kira

you should copystrike joey

Wooted by:

rat

#9 2018-07-04 03:33:31, last edited by Norwee (2018-07-04 03:34:26)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

raphe9000 wrote:

Long reply

You can take my criticism however you want. ;)
But as with everything i do, no matter how harshly you may perceive it, it’s always done with with an layer of love. (^∇^)

#10 2018-07-04 03:41:34

Luka504

This contest seems really... Unplanned. There's almost no information about how the contest will work other than the bare minimum of "Make a world with sand and submit it"
I'd seriously recommend delaying this contest and working on it more, since this is very bare bones.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#11 2018-07-04 03:45:24, last edited by Joeyc (2018-07-04 03:47:47)

Joeyc

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:
Kira wrote:

yeah this is just a rip off of yours Kira

you should copystrike joey

i already reported it. lol

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
raphe9000 wrote:

Long reply

You can take my criticism however you want. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink
But as with everything i do, no matter how harshly you may perceive it, it’s always done with with an layer of love. (^∇^)

Actually, I take it. I'm sorry from before as I did not state what the points can go by.

Gameplay, how summery, how creative. Good teamwork. Art.

And of course, it's not going to be planned well. Not like i've done this before. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#12 2018-07-04 03:54:13

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

Joeyc wrote:

Not like i've done this before. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Joeyc wrote:

900 Gem Prize Pool

*breathes heavily*

Wooted by:

#13 2018-07-04 07:10:43

Loganyoshi

Joeyc wrote:

900 Gem Prize Pool

unknown.png

Wooted by:

#14 2018-07-04 07:35:27, last edited by TundrumMax (2018-07-04 07:37:38)

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

Nice I'm joining

EDIT: Now to look for 2 other people -_-

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

#15 2018-07-04 11:05:15

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Joeyc wrote:

900 Gem Prize Pool

what math is this

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#16 2018-07-04 11:46:26

boom300742

TaskManager wrote:
Joeyc wrote:

900 Gem Prize Pool

what math is this

three players per crew 1st place 150*3 = 450 gems
2nd place 100*3 = 300 gems
3rd place 50*3 = 150 gems
450+300+150 = 900 gems ?
Are you confusing?

Wooted by: (2)

#17 2018-07-04 11:59:19

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

boom300742 wrote:
TaskManager wrote:
Joeyc wrote:

900 Gem Prize Pool

what math is this

three players per crew 1st place 150*3 = 450 gems
2nd place 100*3 = 300 gems
3rd place 50*3 = 150 gems
450+300+150 = 900 gems ?
Are you confusing?

Oh yeah I expected it to be 1 place 1 player or 150 gems split evenly in the crew
Could make that more clear in the OP

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#18 2018-07-04 13:34:05

Raphe9000

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

You can take my criticism however you want. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

And I'm sure that's also what people that beat their kids say too. I'm just pointing out you're criticism is more harsh than it has any reason at all to be.

Joeyc wrote:

And of course, it's not going to be planned well. Not like i've done this before.

That's what I'm trying to point out. You've not ever done it before, yet you're being treated like a professional who made a big mistake instead of an amateur that just needs helpful advice. Even with an excuse as pathetic as, "You can perceive it as harsh as you want to," completely dodging the points I've presented, it is obvious it was harsher than it should be.

Also quick question: I'm guessing you don't actually need to have more than one person working on the world, right?

#19 2018-07-04 19:50:52

Joeyc

Raphe9000 wrote:

Also quick question: I'm guessing you don't actually need to have more than one person working on the world, right?

yes

#20 2018-07-04 20:15:17

peace

can you be more clear abotu hwat we need to make? is it art? minigames? or what?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#21 2018-07-04 20:55:28, last edited by Myst (2018-07-04 20:55:50)

Myst

peace wrote:

c̦̹͇͍n̼̱͖͕̰̻̘̠̠̼ͦ̍̃͐͋̉̈́ͪͨ̚a ̪̯y̬͙̝̦̪̬ͨ̈̐̌ͦ̋u͓̼̦̠͊̉̋̄͝͞ù͆ͦ̒ͭ͆̂͑̊ ͒͌̄ͭͨ́̈͑̇ͨ͂͝҉̙͎̝͖͈̰̼̲̝̼̦m̜͉̔́͘e̺̫̻͇̟̹̣̻͢ ̓̌ͣ̓͒̓̊̉̒ͮͯͥ̉ͯͧm͚̲͓̻̻̮o̙͙̫͂́ͥ̕ṟ̹̪͉̝̻͍͙͖͖̩͉ͦ̒͌̿̅̋́ͩͬ̿͊ͫe̮͈̯̝̞͕͈̖̖̜̙̯̮͇ ̴̛̟̗͓͍̦̫̥̯̑ͫͦͭ̓̏͗̍d̿̓̔ͯ̑͋̉̽͐̔͗e̢̔͆ͬ͋̃ͧ̀sp͏̟̩̕a͎̺̙̘͖͉͍͗̒ͨ̿̄͂͗c̟̺̜̗͎̩͕͈̣͔i̖̫̘̝̣̟̣̝̗̹̩̻̤ͅt͙̫̟͖̗̻̒̆̃͆͂ͮ̕͜͢o̘̥̮̭̠̭ͪͯ̉̐̃͌ ̻͖̪̪̗̟̦̺̖͍̙͉̰͢ͅa̢̧̪̳͚͎͚̰b̴̡͔̏ò̿ͥ͑t͎͎͓̫̔̽̏̐ų̛ ̛͖̠̰͍̮̬̠ͨͭͨ̾͋̓ͯ2̵̶̩̭̞̳̺̭͓̤̺͕̱͍̳͡ ͭ̈́̅͆ͩͯ̿̅ͦ̇͡m̵ͫ̄̄̍̎̄e̶̲̠͚̹͔̟̻̬̘̤̥̟̬͉ͩͬ̊̑͂́ͭ̌ͦ̐ͥ̆̆̎͋̀͞ͅ ̴̢̣̳̩͎̬̘̗̟͈̖̠̀ͅn̡͘͡e̖̭͈̰̰̼͎̥̩a̭̩͙̦̫̗̹͍̝̹͕̗̞ͦ̆͌̿̎̋̾ͣͮ͑ͭͬͤͣ̏͢ͅͅd̘̫̯͐̓̌ ̹͍̦͎̽ͤͮ̾͊̀ͅt̍̊͌̎ͦ̍̉͗͋̐̌̓ͨo͔̹̯͐̔ͨ͑ͅ ̠̱̪̖͈̫̲̣̥̬̲͢ͅͅm̹͉̬̤͉̟̱̰͓̞̫̰̿̐ͯͥ̔ͭ͊̔̓̑̐̚a͌͑̾ͯ̚k͔͉̥͓̱̖͇͍͇͚͖̭̺͑͗ͯ̌̌͐̀͆̀̉ͬ̑ͤę̳͡r̠͘?̭̦͖͍̟̲̟̖̻ i̬̹̣̥͕̖̜̜̹̻̩̪̣̥̣ͨ̎ͨ̓ͧ̋ͧͦ͆͑̎͆ͪͭ̿s̋ͬͯ̊̆͜ ̼͖̞ͨ̐̌í̢̲͈̬̭̋̉̈́͝t̰͎̳̮̭̰̥͎̭̟̫͖̤̂ͪ̐̊ͩͯ̅̈ͩ͑̀̍̈̕ aͮ̇͒̓͗͏̛̮̥̟̣͈͠l͉̝̙̻̩̗̱t̻̺?̨̖̪͔͈̖̺͉͎͟ ̙͚̲̪̞̺̞͙͔̙̪͈͉̜̪mͩ̍̃͐͑ͦͧͮ̈͠҉̱̪̮̞͓͙̗̦͉i̇̌̇n̨̒ͩ̃ͬ͊̀̇̈͜īͦ̊͗ͣ͑̽̇ͫ͊̏͆ͥ҉̙̤̹̜̠̮̭̺̱͖͖͉͖͜͢c͒̏̆ͩ͜͝aͨ͟ȧ̟̩̗̗͈̙̣̥̪̘͚͎̰̺̮̅͆ͭ̈́͋ͫ̑̊͐ͪ̎̆̍͒͢r̶̄ͮͣ̋͝?̡̂̅ͦ͆̀̀̾̆̍̇ͣͨ͘҉ ̲͊o̶̝͈̤͕̫̣̻r̩͈͓̥̺͔͇͓̦̼͓̈́̋͒͑͂͆̒̃̈́͊ͩ ͙́w̨͟͞a̛͎͈͓̪̫͈̝̙̻̩͉͔͕͗ͧ̈͑̀́̒͗̏ͮ̀̐́̚h̗͉̗̬̼͛̎͐̀̂rͪ̇ͮ̓̃̃͆͐͒̔ͧ̍̔ͨͥ?̳͎͙̤̼̼̠͕̝͍

I think you need to create an epic summer level world with a lots of arts.

Myst1530734128712954

Board footer