Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-26 00:57:10, last edited by Joeyc (2018-06-26 01:02:29)

Joeyc

EGG QUEST II HELP

pretty sure you know this map by now if you played nostolgia campaign. In my opinion this level is garbage. But I'm sure most of you will agree //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.
This terrible terrible map. It's so good, until unknown.png These "hooks" Must be stopped.                                 
                              Also what campaign level at this difficulty

Hidden text

is expecting hooks. Especially since this game runs like crap. I know it's just hooks. BUT ITS NOT. SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE COMPLAINED TO NERF. At least just replace the hooks with something easier please. Just fun little arrows or auto hooks. Thanks.

Azurepudding: it makes ee look bad tbh

Silver911
unknown.png

edit: i didn't know what to put this under so yeah

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2018-06-26 01:05:20

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: EGG QUEST II HELP

If you're unable to easily complete hook jumps, you should go back to the Tutorial campaign.

Wooted by: (6)

#3 2018-06-26 01:07:15, last edited by Joeyc (2018-06-26 01:12:30)

Joeyc

HG wrote:

If you're unable to easily complete hook jumps, you should go back to the Tutorial campaign.

Okay, tell me how you can do them under 15 fps

and what azurepudding said it actually very true, it does make it look bad. especially for new players who may be playing campaigns and be mislead by the difficulty

#4 2018-06-26 02:41:06

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

yeah i agree the hooks make the level **** ****

Wooted by:

#5 2018-06-26 02:54:18, last edited by Norwee (2018-06-26 02:54:34)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I honestly agree that this level is way too hard for easy-medium. But hooks are an minor complaint compared to the confusing super hard minis that are littered elsewhere on the level.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

PTU

#6 2018-06-26 02:58:17, last edited by Joeyc (2018-06-26 03:01:51)

Joeyc

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I honestly agree that this level is way too hard for easy-medium. But hooks are an minor complaint compared to the confusing super hard minis that are littered elsewhere on the level.

Are you serious? k try playing on a 15fps client with it mostly at 10. Unless you spent 30 minutes you probably won't beat the hooks itself.

#7 2018-06-26 07:14:32

Kira

This thread has to be a joke.

Wooted by: (5)

#8 2018-06-26 09:37:50, last edited by azurepudding (2018-06-26 09:38:57)

azurepudding

HG wrote:

i've beaten some hard and extreme levels.

I would rather play them again than play Egg Quest 2 again.  There is difficulty, and there is bad design.  They are two different things (though are often paired together).  Hookjumps fall under bad design, especially when there are multiple stacked on each other.  What next, an "easy-medium" world with 10 consecutive hovers, where failure restarts you to the first one? no.

Azure2.png

#9 2018-06-26 11:04:40

Kira

azurepudding wrote:
HG wrote:

I would rather play them again than play Egg Quest 2 again.  There is difficulty, and there is bad design.  They are two different things (though are often paired together).  Hookjumps fall under bad design, especially when there are multiple stacked on each other.  What next, an "easy-medium" world with 10 consecutive hovers, where failure restarts you to the first one? no.

Sorry what? Your opinion is subjective and hook jumps are by no means 'bad design'.

Egg Quest II introduce the hooks in a great manner, there are multiple challenges with them, and on top of that, they are at the end of the level. The whole level's difficulty curve is respected, and the general gameplay is very fun to play, yes, even these hooks.

Hook jumps are usually bad design because they aren't used in a good design, simply.

"I've beaten some hard and extreme levels. I would rather play them again than play Egg Quest 2 again"

Now that's just some pure hatred for the level. 10 hooks jumps in a 300x300, and suddenly the whole level becomes crap, that's some good judgement here.

#10 2018-06-26 11:44:07, last edited by azurepudding (2018-06-26 12:01:28)

azurepudding

Kira wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
HG wrote:

Sorry what? Your opinion is subjective and hook jumps are by no means 'bad design'.

Egg Quest II introduce the hooks in a great manner, there are multiple challenges with them, and on top of that, they are at the end of the level. The whole level's difficulty curve is respected, and the general gameplay is very fun to play, yes, even these hooks.

Hook jumps are usually bad design because they aren't used in a good design, simply.

You dismiss my opinion for being subjective, then counter with your opinion, which is also subjective. ????????

Kira wrote:

"I've beaten some hard and extreme levels. I would rather play them again than play Egg Quest 2 again"

Now that's just some pure hatred for the level. 10 hooks jumps in a 300x300, and suddenly the whole level becomes crap, that's some good judgement here.

If I'm eating icecream and I find a turd in it, I probably wouldn't enjoy eating the icecream.

Hookjumps are bad, I can't understand how you could defend them.  And I'm fairly certain there are more than 10 in the level.  And as I said, they're worse when stacked, because if you miss one, you potentially may fall all the way to the bottom and have to restart them.  A lot of them were two blocks deep too, so you couldn't press up against the wall to easily align yourself.  Defending hookjumps is like defending hovers.  I'd rather play a stairs world.  The world was OK save for the unneeded hookjumps, and the final room, which has no place in an easy-medium world.

edit: also yeah, some hookjumps do harm the fun factor of the world, because there's no digging that turd out.  it's there, and you have to eat all of it if you want to play the level.  and frankly i do not enjoy eating turds.

edit 2: also also it is very rare to find hookjumps in other games (it seems to be an EE only thing tbh).  perhaps the reason why should be indicative of something.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#11 2018-06-26 11:51:54

Kalumniatoris

I have to agree that something is wrong with supposed difficulty of this level. While I consider this type of hook jumps rather easy, this level have other parts that should be enough for it to have difficulty "medium-high".

#12 2018-06-26 12:01:33

Vitalijus
Website

Hooks are the easiest things ever. If you can't run the game above 30 FPS it's your fault. Game runs ~60fps with 45 players in a small world on Google Chrome main EE website for me. Only fps issues I have if I play the game too much and I need to refresh the page which fixes everything.

wn7I7Oa.png

#13 2018-06-26 12:26:16

Luka504

Hookjumps aren't hard to do, the problem is that they're bad design. They're there just to fill empty space so that the creator doesn't have to make more minigames.
There's no defending them.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (2)

#14 2018-06-26 13:56:02

MWstudios

What do you mean hook jumps were the worst?
There is something worse than hook jumps - the final bossfight.

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#15 2018-06-26 14:16:24, last edited by ZeldaXD (2018-06-26 14:23:00)

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Vitalijus wrote:

Hooks are the easiest things ever. If you can't run the game above 30 FPS it's your fault. Game runs ~60fps with 45 players in a small world on Google Chrome main EE website for me. Only fps issues I have if I play the game too much and I need to refresh the page which fixes everything.

How is it our fault that the game is complete utter **** and on top of that uses an obsolete platform like Flash that will be unsupported in 2020? I use Brave and Flash is blocked by default.

I can run Terraria, Binding of Isaac Rebirth, Super Meat Boy and whatever just fine, yeah I cant run Battlefield in Ultra but I should be able to play a **** 16x16 blocks smiley games just fine, IT IS RIDICULOUS. I shouldnt be expected to have a Windows 12 computer with 64GB ram with a 8Ghz quantum alien technology processor to play this game.

The problem with hookjumps isnt that they are hard in design, I was able to cheese them 7 years ago when they were popular, but then again EE ran to 60fps 7 years ago (and back then my computer was worse), 5 hookjumps in a row are simply IMPOSSIBLE when you are playing with 10fps because they are pixel perfect.

Remember the target audience of this game are kids and teens, many of whom have modest computers.

The game is **** because it is programmed like **** and is based on ****, and you should feel bad for defending it.

If the staff wants to go down this road of "hurrdurr it is your fault, you dont have alien technology to play the game" then you honestly deserve to lose even more players.

gLjTZE1.png

#16 2018-06-26 14:36:26, last edited by Vitalijus (2018-06-26 14:42:14)

Vitalijus
Website

ZeldaXD wrote:
Vitalijus wrote:

How is it our fault that the game is complete utter **** and on top of that uses an obsolete platform like Flash that will be unsupported in 2020? I use Brave and Flash is blocked by default.

I can run Terraria, Binding of Isaac Rebirth, Super Meat Boy and whatever just fine, yeah I cant run Battlefield in Ultra but I should be able to play a **** 16x16 blocks smiley games just fine, IT IS RIDICULOUS. I shouldnt be expected to have a Windows 12 computer with 64GB ram with a 8Ghz quantum alien technology processor to play this game.

The problem with hookjumps isnt that they are hard in design, I was able to cheese them 7 years ago when they were popular, but then again EE ran to 60fps 7 years ago (and back then my computer was worse), 5 hookjumps in a row are simply IMPOSSIBLE when you are playing with 10fps because they are pixel perfect.

Remember the target audience of this game are kids and teens, many of whom have modest computers.

The game is **** because it is programmed like **** and is based on ****, and you should feel bad for defending it.

If the staff wants to go down this road of "hurrdurr it is your fault, you dont have alien technology to play the game" then you honestly deserve to lose even more players.

I do understand your frustration, but you can't blame the game. If I can run it 60fps all the time you can do too, the requirements are really low. Yes it's badly programmed on a bad platform, but that will change with the reboot, until then we can't do anything.

wn7I7Oa.png

#17 2018-06-26 15:00:01

RavaTroll

Well the idea behind the reboot is to get a much better engine which will play much more smoothly and won't lag/freeze/slow down, so now we just have to be patient.
But Yeah I understand that.

On my small PC, whenever I collect a coin after not collecting coins for some time, the game freezes for 2-3 seconds, sometimes even more, and since the smiley continues moving while this occurs, I often dire or have to redo a mini.

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#18 2018-06-26 15:15:13

Raphe9000

RavaTroll wrote:

On my small PC, whenever I collect a coin after not collecting coins for some time, the game freezes for 2-3 seconds, sometimes even more, and since the smiley continues moving while this occurs, I often dire or have to redo a mini.

I have a gaming laptop, but it's from like 2012 or something the latest making it sub-par for even a normal laptop. Even with a good connection and no other tabs, I need to play the game on minimal to not have like a max of 10 fps.

#19 2018-06-26 16:43:20

Kalumniatoris

I used to have so weak computer that after Facebook changed their policy I was forced to have over year long break from this game.

#20 2018-06-26 16:51:46

MWstudios

RavaTroll wrote:

Well the idea behind the reboot is to get a much better engine which will play much more smoothly and won't lag/freeze/slow down, so now we just have to be patient.

That's easy to say but hard to do

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#21 2018-06-26 16:52:37

Raphe9000

MWstudios wrote:
RavaTroll wrote:

Not nearly as hard as it is with PlayerIO.

#22 2018-06-26 17:03:26

John

Raphe9000 wrote:

PlayerIO has nothing to do with the performance of the game. All PlayerIO is the backend networking of the game, with more services sprinkled in.

PW?scale=2

Wooted by:

PTU

#23 2018-06-26 17:07:25, last edited by LukeM (2018-06-26 17:11:46)

LukeM
Website

Raphe9000 wrote:
MWstudios wrote:
RavaTroll wrote:

I dont think the change from PlayerIO will do much for the efficiency of the game, its more so that they can design their systems in a way that will be less prone to problems, and possibly allow for more features.
The speed increase will probably be more from the transition from Flash to HTML5, although this will only go so far, they still need to put in quite a bit of effort to ensure they are writing efficient code that will run well on computers with lower specs.

#24 2018-06-26 17:30:41

Vitalijus
Website

LukeM wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:
MWstudios wrote:
RavaTroll wrote:

I dont think the change from PlayerIO will do much for the efficiency of the game, its more so that they can design their systems in a way that will be less prone to problems, and possibly allow for more features.
The speed increase will probably be more from the transition from Flash to HTML5, although this will only go so far, they still need to put in quite a bit of effort to ensure they are writing efficient code that will run well on computers with lower specs.

It's sad that they won't use P.IO anymore. As far as we know they said they will host the servers themselves. This means the FPS issues will be fixed, but connection problems will appear.

wn7I7Oa.png

#25 2018-06-26 17:51:49, last edited by LukeM (2018-06-26 17:52:37)

LukeM
Website

Vitalijus wrote:
LukeM wrote:

It's sad that they won't use P.IO anymore. As far as we know they said they will host the servers themselves. This means the FPS issues will be fixed, but connection problems will appear.

I guess it depends how they set up the servers, theres a lot of ways they could do it that would mean people would have stable and fast connections, such as AWS (iirc also what PlayerIO uses), so although yes pings may be higher due to servers only being in one or maybe a couple of locations, this shouldn't matter too much, 100ms may be a big deal in some games but I don't think it will have that big of an impact on EE.

Joeyc1530062519711510

Board footer