Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-10 18:31:56, last edited by St1ckS4m(EE) (2018-06-10 18:57:45)

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

Anyone Else Doomed?

Net Neutrality dies tomorrow. (That is, if you live in a wrong part of America, that is. Which unfortunately, I do.) I don't think I'll make it alive. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Is this topic allowed on the forums?

Click this if you're willing to waste your time. (Not recommended, it's kind of cringy.)

"π“—π“˜π“–π“— π“ π“€π“π“›π“˜π“£π“¨" non-animated signature.
MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent Β―\_(ΒΊ_o)_/Β―
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

#2 2018-06-10 18:53:17

BasicNet
Banned

Re: Anyone Else Doomed?

what

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2018-06-10 18:55:56, last edited by St1ckS4m(EE) (2018-06-10 18:58:34)

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

BasicNet wrote:

what

What, don't you know what Net Neutrality is, or did you not understand what I'm talking about?

Edit: Just realized you live in Britain, so you may not be familiar with this kind of stuff.

MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent Β―\_(ΒΊ_o)_/Β―
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

#4 2018-06-10 19:06:08

Luka504

I live in Serbia and I genuinely don't know what it might do.
Maybe it will follow the US maybe it won't. I really hope they don't.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2018-06-10 19:17:55, last edited by St1ckS4m(EE) (2018-06-10 19:50:28)

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

Luka504 wrote:

I live in Serbia and I genuinely don't know what it might do.
Maybe it will follow the US maybe it won't. I really hope they don't.

The repeal of Net Neutrality will ruin poor civilian's lives, and even hurt small businesses. That's how bad things can get if America doesn't save Net Neutrality.

That's what I'm concerned about.

MfF1IHH.png

#6 2018-06-10 21:40:59

LukeM
Website

Yep... It's pretty bad... Luckily I live in the UK so it hasn't happened here, but I guess if it happens in America, then its possible that the trend could carry over to us too, which is scary //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

For those that haven't seen the debate, it's basically deciding whether or not internet service providers should be able to slow down certain traffic (e.g. from Netflix) unless they pay extra, or whether they should stay neutral and allow all data through no matter where it comes from / what it contains. The US government have just decided to allow the service providers to discriminate between types and sources of data.

Wooted by:

#7 2018-06-10 22:23:51

BasicNet
Banned

Sticksam wrote:
BasicNet wrote:

what

What, don't you know what Net Neutrality is, or did you not understand what I'm talking about?

Edit: Just realized you live in Britain, so you may not be familiar with this kind of stuff.

no, emotions, i got surprised

#8 2018-06-11 04:10:57

Wehrmacht

oh no. don't take my internet away please, ajit pai. no!!!!! NO!!!
real talk it isn't that big of a deal

listen up

#9 2018-06-11 05:00:12

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Wehrmacht wrote:

it isn't that big of a deal

Nice try hitler.

β˜…              β˜†        β˜…        β˜†         β˜…
   β˜†    β˜…                     β˜…

#10 2018-06-11 05:38:58

lex
Brand New Member

I think short term it won't mean much but the long term effects might be devastating.

Some day I will be allowed to put a pic in my signature.... if only I knew when.

#11 2018-06-11 07:09:09

Wehrmacht

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Wehrmacht wrote:

it isn't that big of a deal

Nice try hitler.

so what i just wanna start the fourth reich? got a problem with that buddy?

listen up

#12 2018-06-11 19:28:21

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

lex wrote:

I think short term it won't mean much but the long term effects might be devastating.

I agree, and since you got lucky enough to live in the right state of America, the ISPs will be nice to you, but for me, Net neutrality died. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Wish me luck guys, cuz the rest of the America will begin to suffer. (Including me...)

Fortunately, the Net Neutrality fight is far from over, and they're still trying to bring it back.

MfF1IHH.png

#13 2018-06-12 09:52:42

Wehrmacht

i doubt any of you pay for your own internet, you'll be fine if you ask mama to shill out some more cash.

listen up

#14 2018-06-12 10:58:21, last edited by LukeM (2018-06-12 10:58:58)

LukeM
Website

Wehrmacht wrote:

i doubt any of you pay for your own internet, you'll be fine if you ask mama to shill out some more cash.

I don't think it works that way, I think they plan to slow down certain companies Internet services for everyone unless those companies pay extra, so it's Netflix that has to pay extra for their services to work, not you.

This is fine for companies like Netflix as they can easily afford to pay, but other smaller companies may have problems, for example EE, as they really can't afford to pay extra for faster connections.

#15 2018-06-12 14:05:16

hummerz5

LukeM wrote:

This is fine for companies like Netflix as they can easily afford to pay, but other smaller companies may have problems, for example EE, as they really can't afford to pay extra for faster connections.

except for when it isn't, and Netflix raises prices to handle the gouging. Essentially that means ISPs would be able to leverage costs on the consumer in a roundabout way?

hummerz51528808716709726

Board footer