Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-23 17:36:31

Helvi

Rating System for Campaign maps

Hi,

please introduce an ingame rating system for campaign maps so that the user can rate the map and therefore giving valuable feedback.
Something like 1-5 stars or so. That would be nice.

H

Hi.

#2 2018-05-23 17:53:28

Onjit
Website

Re: Rating System for Campaign maps

Rating for quality, and also rating for difficulty would be nice

:.|:;

#3 2018-05-23 17:54:15

RavaTroll

I don't know about that.
The idea is great, but I don't know if it can and will happen some day.

Steam revealed that users tend to add a negative review of a game much quicker than a good review, and in EE players will just put 1 star to a level if they get stuck somewhere - i'm pretty sure hard-extreme campaigns will have terrible notes.
So the only way to implement this would be to make it so you have to finish the level to rate it, I suppose.

Personally, I look at the like/play ratios in recent levels created after the like/fav system to see how well the level is liked. Doesn't tell much but eh.
I'd rather like the play count to be "individual players" and not something incrementing each time someone enters the level. That would be much more useful with the like system we have. ( But I guess it's impossible to put that in place. )

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

Wooted by:

PTU

#4 2018-05-23 19:01:53

Helvi

I understand that extreme-campaigns are likely to get a downvote - because they are terrible in their very essence. Its a tedious grind and design-wise a failure.

Still, alot of people are not using the forum and therefore unable to voice their critism, both positive and negative.
Personally I would say that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Such a rating system would easily show steep difficulty changes, unsuitable design flaws and general issues with the campaign maps.

Hi.

#5 2018-05-23 19:39:24

Gosha

Make only people who won the campaign world be able to rate it. With this you can prevent hundreds of bots abusing voting (basic anti-cheat in place) and get votes from people who actually played the whole thing.

#6 2018-05-23 19:52:10

Latif

Gosha wrote:

Make only people who won the campaign world be able to rate it. With this you can prevent hundreds of bots abusing voting (basic anti-cheat in place) and get votes from people who actually played the whole thing.

Woaah yes this! That would be amazing.

Wooted by:

#7 2018-05-23 20:09:59

Anak

Helvi wrote:

I understand that extreme-campaigns are likely to get a downvote - because they are terrible in their very essence.

tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2018-05-23 20:17:17

Helvi

Gosha wrote:

This would eleminate the purpose of a rating system.

Hi.

Wooted by:

#9 2018-05-23 21:25:52

Schlog

Helvi wrote:
Gosha wrote:

you cant exactly rate a restaurant's food quality if youve never eaten there or even been inside

Wooted by: (3)

#10 2018-05-23 21:30:52, last edited by some woman (2018-05-23 21:31:41)

some woman

Schlog wrote:
Helvi wrote:
Gosha wrote:

you cant exactly rate a restaurant's food quality if youve never eaten there or even been inside

Suppose I don't like a certain level, and cannot finish it. That doesn't necessarily mean I will only hate it because I'm not good enough to complete it, or that I've never even experienced the level.

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#11 2018-05-23 21:32:23

BasicNet
Banned

surely, creating such a thing will take a very long time of hard work. I really like idea, you can rate the world and system will calculate the overall rate. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#12 2018-05-23 22:43:52

Anak

Maybe anyone can leave a review for a world/campaign, but you can only rate it if you win it?

#13 2018-05-24 05:14:49, last edited by Joeyc (2018-05-24 05:15:17)

Joeyc

k so easter level II. I'd say it's pretty bad. only for like the perfect timing minis and hooks and people complaining and cursing every 3 seconds. other than that it's good 3/5 stars

#14 2018-05-24 06:29:02

azurepudding

what if:

you can only rate an easy campaign tier if you have beaten any easy campaign tier before
same with medium, or hard, or extreme.  if you can beat one of the same difficulty levels, then it's fair to say that you find another tier of belonging difficulty to be awful or fantastic.  A player would be unable to rate an extreme map until they beat first tier of ff, pf, or bs (ha), for example.

Azure2.png

#15 2018-05-24 10:14:53

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Gosha wrote:

Then i'd have to finally sit down and beat those extreme campaigns just so i can vote lowest ranking on them :/

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#16 2018-05-24 15:16:21

peace

complete a whole set and give your ratings to the levels

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#17 2018-05-27 11:02:17

Ruhufdiashrfisdu_2

Helvi wrote:

Hi,

please introduce an ingame rating system for campaign maps so that the user can rate the map and therefore giving valuable feedback.
Something like 1-5 stars or so. That would be nice.

Instead, make it so if people really want to rate these campaign maps. And make it a survey instead. I don't want people to judge these worlds on over all the elements in a single question.

For example: Was this world graphically beautiful?
Absolutely Yes
Certainly Yes
Yes
Somewhat
No
Certainly No
Absolutely No
Other (Write it here): _________________________

Voting Results: Absolutely Yes 16% Certainly Yes 21% Yes 35% Somewhat 3% No 1% Certainly No 3% Absolutely No 9% Others 15%

[INSERT DETAILED OFFICIAL PIE CHART HERE]

Other thoughts: Nifbyana: No Flags //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
Raprap: Too bright.
... [TOO LAZY TO FILL OUT THE OTHER THOUGHTS]

EE Moderators would decide the rest of the questions. And how the system can be implemented.
(Especially in the Reboot, as it would be more capable of such a thing.)

#18 2018-05-27 23:55:46

Guest.

why campaign levels at all? they were apparently good enough for the staff to endorse them

have it for all levels minus campaigns, i say

#19 2018-05-28 18:48:52, last edited by Anak (2018-05-28 18:49:06)

Anak

Jet wrote:

why campaign levels at all? they were apparently good enough for the staff to endorse them

Just bc staff think they're good doesn't mean everyone else thinks so

#20 2018-05-28 19:18:18, last edited by Kirby (2018-05-28 19:18:31)

Kirby

Anak wrote:
Jet wrote:

so is this feature meant to discourage users from playing certain campaigns?

#21 2018-05-28 19:48:19

Anak

Kirby wrote:
Anak wrote:
Jet wrote:

Well, let them make an informed decision maybe, but assumably from the first post it's for giving feedback to the campaign team on what works well and doesn't withing a campaign so that you can finetune your approaches.

#22 2018-05-28 20:47:06

Kirby

Anak wrote:
Kirby wrote:
Anak wrote:
Jet wrote:

Well, let them make an informed decision maybe, but assumably from the first post it's for giving feedback to the campaign team on what works well and doesn't withing a campaign so that you can finetune your approaches.

I suppose, but players already do that ingame/through discord/the forums, and most of the time the criticism is not constructive in the slightest lol

that's not to say that there wouldn't be useful reviews, but it'd probably make more sense for them to tell us directly or use the forums

plus, we're not the ones who are creating the maps that go into campaigns. negative reviews may be targetted towards the staff since we included it in a campaign, but the user who created the level would still see them, which could make users less willing to allow their levels to be campaigned, since campaign reviews would without a doubt be worse than the ones they got from when they released the level originally

Wooted by: (2)

#23 2018-05-29 10:58:08

Anatoly

Gosha wrote:

Or place in the world a checkpoint since when you can vote. Like voting both halves of the campaign. People, many of them, wouldn’t be able to solve if it’s a red devil reward campaign. Like this checkpoint could be placed after the first two mini games

Anatoly1527587888707914

Board footer