Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-17 16:19:31

IanJanes

Should bad grammar on the forum be punished?

Now before you flip out, I don't mean something like id (is) would be punishable; I'm saying intentionally bad grammar. This type of rule or punishment is extremely subjective, but I feel like peace is just a low key **** poster/ spammer. I guess this type of thing shouldn't bother me, but I hope we all know at this point that he is a joke. You could also bring up that bad grammar can portray a sarcastic idea, and I agree, but sometimes people push it. I'm not asking for perfect sentences, or structure, but at least effort to not sound like an absolute blabbing idiot.

-Thanks

<Download this image and make it your avatar, repent from unique avatars!
3640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=1548349758

#2 2018-05-17 16:58:51

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Should bad grammar on the forum be punished?

this topic is obvious witchhunting/rant aimed at peace with the "can we make grammar rule" just being an excuse to go against him
literally this line:

IanJanes wrote:

This type of rule or punishment is extremely subjective, but I feel like peace is just a low key **** poster/ spammer.

"this rule is extremely **** and vague but peace is a bad person boo peace shame on you"
or
"lets make a rule so we can ban peace legitimately, who cares wheter that rule will be stupid and subjective, lets just have a reason to ban the dude"

if youre going to attack peace personally then why bother hiding it behind a stupid debate title

/thread

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#3 2018-05-17 17:05:59

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Yes, and the punishment should be getting spanked.
Okay fine you caught me, I just want to get spanked

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2018-05-17 17:07:35

Luka504

This is more or less just an addition to the topic I made on the same subject - Bad grammar on the forums.
However, this topic doesn't seem to suggest anything other than the banning of a specific user, namely peace. And while I do agree that something should be done about bad grammar on the forums in general, this witch hunt most certainly isn't the solution. This topic is pure malice and I don't think anyone should treat it as anything more.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#5 2018-05-17 17:54:55

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

IanJanes wrote:

Now before you flip out, I don't mean something like id (is) would be punishable; I'm saying intentionally bad grammar. This type of rule or punishment is extremely subjective, but I feel like peace is just a low key **** poster/ spammer. I guess this type of thing shouldn't bother me, but I hope we all know at this point that he is a joke. You could also bring up that bad grammar can portray a sarcastic idea, and I agree, but sometimes people push it. I'm not asking for perfect sentences, or structure, but at least effort to not sound like an absolute blabbing idiot.

-Thanks

If I was a mod/admin on the forums I should not add this rule, but we can PM peace for just use the preview button before posting.

Wooted by:

#6 2018-05-17 20:07:05

Different55
Forum Admin

We already have one of these topics, there's no reason to have more than one.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)
Different551526584025706718

Board footer