Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-14 06:56:02

pct gamer
Brand New Member

MUSIC PROBLEM

Yes, I know about the music and i do use it to create a song, but the big problem is you cant set the volume of the note to high or low, this would help me so much because it would let me make some parts of a song louder or quieter and sometimes there is supposed to be a quieter part with a loud part and it ruins the song because it will always be set to the same volume through the entire song.

i recommend making a tab next to the instrument note picking tab which looks like this

/---\                             H: high
| H |                             L: low
|  | |                            | in the middle between H and L: volume of the note
|  | |
|  | |
| L  |
\---/

I really hope you will add this into the game as it will help so many song creators                                                        you have found the secret message, it is just for fun however

#2 2018-05-14 22:35:39

John

Re: MUSIC PROBLEM

this is a really good idea! i wish there wasn't the room size limit, so stuff like this could be possible.

PW?scale=2

#3 2018-05-14 23:31:36

Anak

I believe the noteblocks use soundfounts to play notes, so they should use MIDI data to do everything which would make this fairly easy to add in. As for data and etc. that's a different animal but maybe with the upcoming Unity remake it won't be an issue

#4 2018-05-15 21:39:13

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Anak wrote:

I believe the noteblocks use soundfounts to play notes, so they should use MIDI data to do everything which would make this fairly easy to add in. As for data and etc. that's a different animal but maybe with the upcoming Unity remake it won't be an issue

They used to, but the current music blocks use actual piano recordings from the Everybody Edits staff I believe.[*][/*]

Everybody Edits is Fred

#5 2018-05-15 22:56:52

Anak

N1KF wrote:
Anak wrote:

They used to, but the current music blocks use actual piano recordings from the Everybody Edits staff I believe.

Hmm that makes it trickier then, but still doable. I might just be thinking from a DAW perspective, but they could be routed from a sampler and controlled via MIDI. Would probably want different piano recordings for different velocities though

Anak1526421412706557

Board footer