Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-10 16:37:44

IanJanes

Save data "Action block"

After seeing our lord and savior peace's topic I thought he had a pretty neat topic, So I'm going to expand on the Idea.

This would be an action block that has the ability to save certain types of progress, and would have options for what it would load/ save. It could have little check boxes for what type of data it would save, for example it could save coins collected, progress in the map, deaths, time in server, and times the player has completed the map (Touched the trophy after restarting the world). This feature would be great for long time players on certain worlds, and a map that changes over time. This feature has of course more uses, and would affect general game play. The owner of the world would have the ability to see the data, copy/ paste it, and to wipe the data or specific parts of it. The world restart tool could also be given the option to allow users to reset their own progress on the save data action block, so as long as the world owner enables it.

Thank you for taking time to read this, have a nice day!

-Ian

<Download this image and make it your avatar, repent from unique avatars!
3640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=1548349758

#2 2018-05-10 16:55:35

LukeM
Website

Re: Save data "Action block"

I guess the main problem with this is how it will be saved, currently there are enough problems with storing it in the actual world without having possibly hundreds of players data too.

It might be possible in the remake though, and might fit in with some of the other lobby remake ideas (I'm assuming they are remaking it, as currently its not great) such as the more world information one (cant find it atm, but it suggested a more detailed world information screen that contained difficulty, players that have completed it, description, etc.)

Wooted by: (2)
LukeM1525967735706035

Board footer