Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-05-07 19:41:07

Dencc
Formerly Thenew428
Website

Re: Official Ask Me Anything 2! (Xenonetix)

how much money would it take for you to drink a cup of liquefied meat

#27 2018-05-07 20:14:13

peace

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#28 2018-05-07 20:43:46

Priddle

When will we be able to save worlds filled with NPCs?

#29 2018-05-07 20:46:03

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

why

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#30 2018-05-07 20:46:55, last edited by Priddle (2018-05-07 20:47:17)

Priddle

Zoey2070 wrote:

why

Because it limits "creativity".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#31 2018-05-07 20:51:31

PTU
Formerly Pipec

Time to open new ama Zoey!!

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

#32 2018-05-07 20:52:48

John

Can you share "The Legendary Force" with the community?

PW?scale=2

Wooted by:

PTU

#33 2018-05-07 22:52:45

Xfrogman43

can you make something witha  FROG?????????????????????????? npc would be wonderful

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#34 2018-05-07 22:55:58

Onjit
Website

Are there any intentions on adding vision blockers, or some other sort of system by which we can utilise the entirety of our worlds without compromising on artistic flair?

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#35 2018-05-07 23:00:34

shadowda

should the rEEboot come to fruition what will become of this ee. all our hard work and time...

how exactly would the rEEboot help ee?

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#36 2018-05-07 23:01:33, last edited by Xenonetix (2018-05-07 23:32:27)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Luka504 wrote:

Why do you need two AMA's

Things change. People might have been interested in asking me more questions. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

RailMat wrote:

how was your job as game moderator?

For the most part, I enjoyed it. I had some communication issues with some of the other staff members at the time, but I think I get on better with the team now that I'm the owner instead. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Enurp wrote:

Where do babies come from

Eggs.

TaskManager wrote:

are you going to post any news on the progress of the rEEboot?

Closer to the time, most likely. When we have some decent progress to brag about, we may well do so. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

TaskManager wrote:

this when?

So this is controversial, among staff as well, but I personally do not think this system will work out, mainly considering (and I know this may not be a popular opinion) that we are planning on including a Gem-Only NPC. The plan for this initial run was:

• Some Energy NPCs

• 1 Beta Exclusive NPC (Robot)

• 1 Campaign Exclusive NPC (Old Man)

• 1 Gold Membership Exclusive NPC

• 1 Gem-Only NPC

As such, it is a business decision I have chosen to take, because, as you can probably guess, the game isn't doing that financially well right now, and we need to breathe new life back into the game.

With your system, the Gem-Only NPC would be a one-off purchase, but we plan on it being more like Diamond in its nature (although nowhere NEAR as expensive).

The other plan with NPCs was for it to be an "Energy Sink" in a similar way to how Holograms, Cakes, and World Portals are. Many players have already got everything they want with the energy they have, so we wanted to provide something new to spend their energy on. I believe purchasing multiples of the NPCs people choose to use is a better way for energy (and to an extent, gems) to be spent in the long run, as I believe people would buy far fewer NPC slots.

As a player, I completely understand the suggestion, and it does make a lot of sense to do it that way, but as the owner of the game, I'm trying to work out some of the best ways to produce revenue and have people support the game if they wish to do so.

On the plus side, when NPCs are launched to everyone, there'll be a bunch more for people to get if they wish! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

LukeM wrote:

What problems are you talking about? Wouldn't it just be a simple case of ignoring (or just not returning) that second message? So its just a case of not sending the message back to the sender in the server? Was it just that? Are there any problems other than that?

I'll skim over these questions as they've mostly been addressed by Gosha //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue - I still hope we can find a solution that works without breaking the game.

Hidden text
Harmonious wrote:

When is rEEboot happening

Beta for the reboot is currently planned for early 2019 - I'm hoping January, but it's currently too early to make that promise //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Slabdrill wrote:

What are your answers to each question in this post?

I may well answer those separately on the thread itself later.

Dencc wrote:

how much money would it take for you to drink a cup of liquefied meat

I've drunk gravy before, so I would imagine it's not as terrible as some other things that could be liquefied, but I would say it depends on what sort of meat. How much are you willing to give? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Looks like other people have posted completely reasonable solutions in that thread for you. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Priddle wrote:

Unlikely ever, but we'll continue to work on the general issue, even though it's primarily a problem at Player.IO's end //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Zoey2070 wrote:

why

Because.

John wrote:

Can you share "The Legendary Force" with the community?

For those that are unaware, this is an 8-9 minute composition I did at university, and led, in part, to the name ZendroForce Ltd. (the company that now owns Everybody Edits). The only live recording that was ever made of it was at my university, and I never managed to get hold of a copy of that recording. As such, I would have to produce a new version for it to be heard. I could post the sheet music, but I don't think there's too much point in me doing that. If you're interested though, I have a different, considerably shorter composition here:

Hidden text
Xfrogman43 wrote:

can you make something witha  FROG?????????????????????????? npc would be wonderful

Maybe we've already made one, and maybe we haven't //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Onjit wrote:

Are there any intentions on adding vision blockers, or some other sort of system by which we can utilise the entirety of our worlds without compromising on artistic flair?

At this point, I can't really say yes or no to the plans here, but I do think it's relatively unlikely there will be a form of this in the current version of Everybody Edits. The reboot will hopefully be considerably more versatile.

shadowda wrote:

should the rEEboot come to fruition what will become of this ee. all our hard work and time...

We certainly plan on having an overlap period during which both this version of EE and the reboot will exist and can be played together. If certain aspects of the current version need to be transferred to the reboot, this is likely to happen during this overlap period, although currently, we can't promise anything.

If we end up deciding not to transfer anything, we've discussed the possibility that someone like capasha may well produce a program (or just update EEditor), so that world saves from the current version of the game could be transferred (at least in part, or as close as possible) to the new version of the game.

As a player of the game for over 7 years, I know the value of the work and time players have put into the game, and I would like to make the transition a smooth one, but at the same time, there may be a lot of features which simply don't transition. As an example (and a tease) of this, the current plan is to no longer include different world sizes, and just be able to set the world size at the moment of creating a new world (and possibly even after that, but not entirely sure yet). There will most likely be a range for these (as we don't want infinite-size worlds), but this should give people a lot more flexibility in how they wish to use their world space. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

shadowda wrote:

how exactly would the rEEboot help ee?

Even though I am the owner of Everybody Edits, I know only too well how flawed of a game it is. With the reboot, we hope to have a lot more control over the playability, accessibility, consistency, and flexibility of how the game works and is run. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Xenonetix-2.png

#37 2018-05-07 23:03:55

Sqwairle

Well, the answer on my question is no apparently.. In that case, I quit EE, that's it, i'm done..

Wooted by:

#38 2018-05-07 23:14:54

MartenM
Website

Xenonetix wrote:

TaskManager wrote:
this when?

So this is controversial, among staff as well, but I personally do not think this system will work out, mainly considering (and I know this may not be a popular opinion) that we are planning on including a Gem-Only NPC. The plan for this initial run was:

Some Energy NPCs

1 Beta Exclusive NPC (Robot)

1 Campaign Exclusive NPC (Old Man)

1 Gold Membership Exclusive NPC

1 Gem-Only NPC

As such, it is a business decision I have chosen to take, because, as you can probably guess, the game isn't doing that financially well right now, and we need to breathe new life back into the game.

With your system, the Gem-Only NPC would be a one-off purchase, but we plan on it being more like Diamond in its nature (although nowhere NEAR as expensive).

The other plan with NPCs was for it to be an "Energy Sink" in a similar way to how Holograms, Cakes, and World Portals are. Many players have already got everything they want with the energy they have, so we wanted to provide something new to spend their energy on. I believe purchasing multiples of the NPCs people choose to use is a better way for energy (and to an extent, gems) to be spent in the long run, as I believe people would buy far fewer NPC slots.

As a player, I completely understand the suggestion, and it does make a lot of sense to do it that way, but as the owner of the game, I'm trying to work out some of the best ways to produce revenue and have people support the game if they wish to do so.

On the plus side, when NPCs are launched to everyone, there'll be a bunch more for people to get if they wish!

Don't get me wrong, but I think that the biggest flaw here is that you need actual players to sell these NPCs to if you want to make any profit.
I really doubt the how big the benift for EE (financially) would be with this approach.

Also, the whole point of the energy sink is still possible if you keep the +1 npc thingy.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#39 2018-05-07 23:26:17

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Xenonetix wrote:

Some Energy NPCs

1 Beta Exclusive NPC (Robot)

1 Campaign Exclusive NPC (Old Man)

1 Gold Membership Exclusive NPC

1 Gem-Only NPC

On the plus side, when NPCs are launched to everyone, there'll be a bunch more for people to get if they wish!

understandable, have a great day!

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#40 2018-05-07 23:31:11

Guest.

what’s the point of having NPCs display individually on the action tab when you can change them in the ui with the arrows anyway? it’s just gonna become so long of a pack eventually that it won’t display correctly

#41 2018-05-07 23:33:51

Schlog

hwy02Si.png

Wooted by: (2)

#42 2018-05-08 00:10:26

John

Schlog wrote:

hwy02Si.png

My guess

PW?scale=2

Wooted by:

#43 2018-05-08 00:12:54

Raphe9000

Well, I guess I'll be asking my questions in an odd way, giving them some context.

First, it's been discussed that in the rEEboot, players will lose their worlds, but they will be given some smiley or other item that shows they played the original game. This seems to be to recognize old players, but what would recognize also recognize old players is if rare and hard-to-obtain smileys. such as big spenders, fanboys, contest smileys, and supermen, were carried over. Do you intend to allow players to keep these smileys over the transition, or will everyone be starting on the same page for a fresh start?

Also, the NPC update has been, debatably, the biggest, best, and most daring update the game has seen in what may be years. With this success, do you plan on releasing more updates like this?

Finally, Everybody Edits has seen its fair share of owners, and all are regarded in some sense of awe or disappointment, and you appear to be, at least so far, a very capable owner. However, only few have dealt with the responsibilities it requires. How tough is it trying to make the best decision for the game, and do you feel all of the previous owners attempted to do the same, with some's actions not being appreciated, under this responsibility?

I hope I didn't interrogate you with questions, I just have had a few building up in my mind for a while //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#44 2018-05-08 00:17:45

shadowda

Xenonetix wrote:

there may be a lot of features which simply don't transition

thats troubling.

will switches(global and purple) , team doors, portals. still be in the rEEboot?

i ask because systems have become a massive hobby of mine and id hate to have to lose that...

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

Wooted by:

#45 2018-05-08 01:10:31

Guest.

shadowda wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:

thats troubling.

will switches(global and purple) , team doors, portals. still be in the rEEboot?

i ask because systems have become a massive hobby of mine and id hate to have to lose that...

switched and portals are a must but tbh the rest is just not needed. they’re just switches with less steps

#46 2018-05-08 03:03:44

KingN24

Can you re-add the dragon smiley and gold pile block? I find them very interesting deleted things.

Heya.

banner.png

#47 2018-05-08 03:27:11

shadowda

Jet wrote:
shadowda wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:

thats troubling.

switched and portals are a must but tbh the rest is just not needed. they’re just switches with less steps

yea, teams could be made with some purple and orange switches, but that takes up space and time, and when building big systems, that's not a thing i can give away freely. also the minis they can be used for are fun.

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#48 2018-05-08 05:07:20

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
Website

In the reboot, are you thinking of leaving important things from players like Beta or Gold Membership?

In-game arts

友達をまだ忘れていません。
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

Wooted by:

#49 2018-05-08 06:42:46

peace

Priddle wrote:

never //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#50 2018-05-08 21:53:40

Nikodemzak

Will there every be a green wizard or a random portal?

Sup

kreacher1526496414706654

Board footer