Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#76 2018-05-04 08:59:27

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 726

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

Xfrogman43 wrote:

why dont you just ask peace why he does what he does

Because this thread has become inappropriate and disrespectful enough, we don't need to drag peace into it to ask who is right.  This shouldn't even be specifically about him, but less than perfect typing in general.  Dyslexic people do exist, and we should not have rules that ban them from the forum when their typing skill is adequate enough to be understood.  It's just others making a mountain out of a molehill and exaggerating the incorrect typing to great lengths, to the point of practically calling it an alien language when it's entirely readable.


Memomemo wrote:

Reminder that dyslexia isn't just typing bad, it's also reading badly. So how come peace can read our posts so easily?

See response above, dyslexic people in general can have the ability to read, and no where has it been said with great ease.



LukeM wrote:

Why are you so sure peace has dyslexia?
Firstly, dyslexia is the incorrect spelling of words, not lack of punctuation and incorrect placing of spaces (e.g. means 'I have a suggestion.' types 'ih ave as uggestion')
Secondly, you can't have dyslexia so bad you make as many mistakes as peace can you?

azurepudding wrote:

also it seems incredibly unlikely that he purposely types wrong for a thousand+ posts.  purposely typing wrong takes much more effort than typing correctly, and after a thousand posts, dyslexia seems like the most likely reason.

There are more options than 'has crippling dyslexia' and 'types incorrectly purposely' lol
What I find much more likely is that he just types as fast as he can, so makes a lot of typos accidentally //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
You can pretty much simulate what peace does by looking down at the keyboard and typing as fast as you possibly can (and pressing send without looking at what you typed)

But the typing does include incorrect spelling of words.

And.. yeah, you can.  Dyslexia ranges from inability to read to ability to type with errors.

I don't think that's more likely, as someone who wants to type fast and get to the point wouldn't type huge posts, which he seems to do.  But we really shouldn't be focusing on him so much, it's rude and disrespectful.  There should not be anti-dyslexia rules just because a few people can't or won't read their posts.  That would be like banning people from the country because they have a stutter, or are new to the english language.


Azure2.png

Offline

Wooted by:

PTU

#77 2018-05-04 09:20:47

Xfrogman43
Member
From: need to find a new home
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,169

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

azurepudding wrote:

Because this thread has become inappropriate and disrespectful enough, we don't need to drag peace into it to ask who is right.  This shouldn't even be specifically about him, but less than perfect typing in general.  Dyslexic people do exist

Is it right to call him dyslexic if he really isnt?


zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Offline

Wooted by:

#78 2018-05-04 09:47:10, last edited by TundrumMax (2018-05-04 09:47:50)

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo
Joined: 2017-10-26
Posts: 321

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

Welp, someone had to ask.
unknown.png
I asked them if they had dyslexia, and they said no.


Heck

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

Offline

#79 2018-05-04 09:55:14

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 726

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

Xfrogman43 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

Because this thread has become inappropriate and disrespectful enough, we don't need to drag peace into it to ask who is right.  This shouldn't even be specifically about him, but less than perfect typing in general.  Dyslexic people do exist

Is it right to call him dyslexic if he really isnt?

i'm saying he's showing signs of it.  and just because someone says they aren't doesn't mean they aren't, it can be an embarrassing thing to admit to.

but, again, regardless if he is or not, the forum will likely not have anti-dyslexia or rules against those without perfect english.  I feel I have made this point plenty of times and I will not repeat it again.


Azure2.png

Offline

#80 2018-05-04 10:11:07

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune
From: Ohio
Joined: 2015-06-20
Posts: 455

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

azurepudding wrote:

and just because someone says they aren't doesn't mean they aren't, it can be an embarrassing thing to admit to.

Gonna leave it at this. I think dropping this topic is the best because it can only go down from here.

Offline

#81 2018-05-04 13:43:05, last edited by Luka504 (2018-05-04 13:46:18)

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 2,427

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

Honestly azure I have no idea why you are so hesitant to let this dyslexia point go. You're only making it worse for yourself. You've suggested that peace has a 'minor' case of dyslexia but it only affects him sometimes, and it only affects his writing and somehow coincidentally doesn't affect his reading at all, that he himself denying the existence of dyslexia is false and that the possibility that he has dyslexia is somehow more likely to be true than for him to have just typed without using spellcheck.

Like, you keep telling people that they are being disrespectful towards peace, when in reality you're more of a bully to him than we are. You keep trying to convince people that he has a serious mental problem when he is fully denying that he has one. That's honestly just a very **** thing of you to do, azure.
But sure, you're the morally superior one here. Feel free to rub that in our faces some more.


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka504.png

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#82 2018-05-04 13:50:12

Koto
Member
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 3,259

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

I think it's still possible that they do.

One of the people I work with at my job has mini-seizures.  She'll forget where she is/what she's doing.  This happenes every day, and she's convinced that she has not had one since she switched medication.  It's entirely possible that they aren't aware of their dyslexia.  Even of it turns out that they aren't, at the very least, azure attempted to sympathize with them, which is more than I have seen anybody else do (I will admit to having a limited view of the entirety of this situation, however).


Loading...
________________________________________________________
DVNTehT.png

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#83 2018-05-04 13:57:43, last edited by Luka504 (2018-05-04 13:58:03)

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 2,427

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

Well I mean it's theoretically possible for him to have dyslexia but it's also theoretically possible for time travel to be perfected in a few years of time.


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka504.png

Offline

#84 2018-05-04 14:09:48

Koto
Member
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 3,259

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

Way to compair apples to shoes.  None of those things have amything to do with one another.  Hyperbolic statements get you nowhere in a debate.


Loading...
________________________________________________________
DVNTehT.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#85 2018-05-04 14:17:19

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 2,427

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

The point of that hyperbolic statement was that even though it is technically possible that peace has that one specific type of dyslexia that he isn't aware that he has, it is very, very unlikely to be true.


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka504.png

Offline

#86 2018-05-04 14:24:26

Koto
Member
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 3,259

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

There's a show aboit people finding out that they are pregnant, by giving birth.  It's a bit more plausable than you think.


Loading...
________________________________________________________
DVNTehT.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#87 2018-05-04 14:39:01

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 2,427

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

Koto wrote:

Way to compair apples to shoes.  None of those things have amything to do with one another.  Hyperbolic statements get you nowhere in a debate.


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka504.png

Offline

#88 2018-05-04 14:47:38

Koto
Member
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 3,259

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

I'm linking examples on where people are unaware of what's going on with their own body.  You're linking bad grammer to time travel.


Loading...
________________________________________________________
DVNTehT.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#89 2018-05-04 14:59:47, last edited by Luka504 (2018-05-04 15:01:23)

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 2,427

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

Ok this is just getting stupid. We've been doing this back and forth for a while now.
You're using a very 'reliable' source which is a TV show, which might I add, is designed to be as clickbaity and to retain it's audience for as long as possible.

Secondly, you're comparing pregnancies with dyslexia, which are really not even close to each other. At the very least I explained that my hyperbolic statement actually carries some sort of message, which was that even though something is possible doesn't mean it's likely. What you said has no message, you just compared shoes with apples.

Thirdly, while I won't deny that it is possible for a woman to be pregnant and somehow not know it, you cannot deny that the possibility of peace having dyslexia is very teeny-tiny. Especially considering how specific it has to be so that it covers all of the inconsistencies in azure's words.


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka504.png

Offline

#90 2018-05-04 15:12:43

Jet
Wiki Mod (Formerly zyhrllos)
Joined: 2015-11-08
Posts: 2,023

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

this topic is dumb, you can’t keep people from using engrish

i would suggest doing what Translator and a few others are doing — quoting posts and fixing the abysmal english grammar


haha... woot!! >:)

Offline

#91 2018-05-04 15:13:36

Koto
Member
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 3,259

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

You just want to have the last word, lol. At least I'm usi g real world examples, and not theoretical physics to talk about the probability that somebody might suffer from something that they are not aware of.  If you were really tired of the back and forth you'd have stop posting ny now.


Loading...
________________________________________________________
DVNTehT.png

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#92 2018-05-04 21:14:30

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 726

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

Luka504 wrote:

Honestly azure I have no idea why you are so hesitant to let this dyslexia point go. You're only making it worse for yourself. You've suggested that peace has a 'minor' case of dyslexia but it only affects him sometimes, and it only affects his writing and somehow coincidentally doesn't affect his reading at all, that he himself denying the existence of dyslexia is false and that the possibility that he has dyslexia is somehow more likely to be true than for him to have just typed without using spellcheck.

Like, you keep telling people that they are being disrespectful towards peace, when in reality you're more of a bully to him than we are. You keep trying to convince people that he has a serious mental problem when he is fully denying that he has one. That's honestly just a very **** thing of you to do, azure.
But sure, you're the morally superior one here. Feel free to rub that in our faces some more.

Way to ignore everything I just countered you on..

Now you're just deflecting and projecting.  This entire thread of yours was designed to call out peace and shame him.  And even if I was being "more of a bully," that does not excuse your "lesser" behavior.  Own your mistakes.  I am not responsible for your choices.  In your view this is a case of a pot calling a kettle black which is a self admittance of what you are doing is wrong at least.  But you should be able to do that on your own.  I've been sticking up for the guy here, who by the way, I said it's possible, not 100% certain.  So if you also plan to keep on putting words in my mouth, this argument is no longer really an argument anymore.  Your proposal will never happen.  You can keep fighting for it, but with your discriminatory and superiority complex attitude, you won't get what you are hoping for.


Azure2.png

Offline

#93 2018-05-04 21:40:43

mrjawapa
Member
From: Ohio, USA
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,951
Website

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

It took you guys 4 pages of discussion to realize Luka is a **** idiot, and that it's pointless to argue with him.

gg


mrjawapa,
Financial manager, web designer

St. Helen's
London, EC3
United Kingdom

Contact Claims ( 1-866-692-8482) when you:
-Need to make a new claim.
-Have an open claim and need answers to your questions.

For general inquiries, please call 1-800-387-4518.

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#94 2018-05-04 21:53:07, last edited by Luka504 (2018-05-04 22:01:13)

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 2,427

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

Yeesh, how many ad hominems can you add into your post? Literally 50% of what you just said doesn't contribute to your point but is just a fruitless jab on me.

Now you're just deflecting and projecting. Own your mistakes. I am not responsible for your choices. So if you also plan to keep on putting words in my mouth, this argument is no longer really an argument anymore. Your proposal will never happen. You can keep fighting for it, but with your discriminatory and superiority complex attitude, you won't get what you are hoping for.

All of this is essentially just white noise in your post. It's there just for you to assert your intellectual and moral superiority over me by telling me that my arguments are ****.

Oh and by the way, I didn't ''ignore everything you countered me with''. I've addressed both your main points.
1. That there is a possibility that peace is dyslexic.
You seriously keep pushing this point that ''there is a possibility'' that he is dyslexic even though there are just too many inconsistencies with your claim for it to be plausible. I've already said them all so no point in repeating them.
2. That I am a bully and that this topic is just used to mock Peace.
If I really wanted to bully peace then why did I purposefully avoid saying his name in my original post? If I wanted to make fun of him I would have just said peace instead of 'some users'. And why is it that I'm only ''bullying'' him on this topic and nowhere else? Please explain those two inconsistencies to me.

Anyway I think I'm done with you azure. You've resorted to petty insults and you seem to have nothing more to add to this discussion so I will probably just ignore whatever more you have to say.

Edit: Also, hi jawapa. It's not an argument on the internet without you having to come to insult me.


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka504.png

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#95 2018-05-05 00:30:44, last edited by azurepudding (2018-05-05 00:37:10)

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 726

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

Luka504 wrote:

Yeesh, how many ad hominems can you add into your post? Literally 50% of what you just said doesn't contribute to your point but is just a fruitless jab on me.

Now you're just deflecting and projecting. Own your mistakes. I am not responsible for your choices. So if you also plan to keep on putting words in my mouth, this argument is no longer really an argument anymore. Your proposal will never happen. You can keep fighting for it, but with your discriminatory and superiority complex attitude, you won't get what you are hoping for.

All of this is essentially just white noise in your post. It's there just for you to assert your intellectual and moral superiority over me by telling me that my arguments are ****.

Oh and by the way, I didn't ''ignore everything you countered me with''. I've addressed both your main points.
1. That there is a possibility that peace is dyslexic.
You seriously keep pushing this point that ''there is a possibility'' that he is dyslexic even though there are just too many inconsistencies with your claim for it to be plausible. I've already said them all so no point in repeating them.
2. That I am a bully and that this topic is just used to mock Peace.
If I really wanted to bully peace then why did I purposefully avoid saying his name in my original post? If I wanted to make fun of him I would have just said peace instead of 'some users'. And why is it that I'm only ''bullying'' him on this topic and nowhere else? Please explain those two inconsistencies to me.

Anyway I think I'm done with you azure. You've resorted to petty insults and you seem to have nothing more to add to this discussion so I will probably just ignore whatever more you have to say.

Edit: Also, hi jawapa. It's not an argument on the internet without you having to come to insult me.

Ad hominem attacks.. what?  Calling you out as a bully is an ad hominem attack?  Yes, when you act in a foul manner, I will call you out for it.  I am not senselessly slinging insults at you for no reason.  There IS reason to these claims.  If you want, I can sugarcoat things for you and use words like "indecent" instead of "being a mean person", I guess??  because "mean person" is too insulting?  Or would "indecent" be just as well too insulting?  You're acting like I'm calling you by slurs or something.. I'm not.  I'm calling you a mean bully.

You call it white noise because you have no proper response to it.  Yes, your argument is falling apart.  And every time I counter one of your points, you conveniently disregard that counter, and then proceed to repeat your point again.  That is not how an argument works.   That is essentially responding to a counter with "Yeah, but still."

There are no inconsistencies.  And I have already stated that even if he isn't, that someone who does have minor dyslexia could join the forums, and your original post proposes a rule to ban or warn these members from joining the forums.  That is why I call it discriminatory.  You want to ban people fro smiply typing liek this.  It's readable, it's not some alien language that you pretend it to be.

And again, as stated before (again again again again, I am running out of new counters because the same argument keeps being sent my way even after countering it already), that you HEAVILY hinted you were speaking about peace.  This is a completely dishonest argument of yours to act like you're totally clueless as to how we drew the conclusion that you were targeting out peace.  You even mentioned along the lines of "I think you guys know who I am speaking of here."  Yes, we get it.  You are calling out peace in a public thread to mock and embarrass him, but want to get around a technicality by not mentioning him by name.  Dishonest argument. 

Be done with me, because you are not going to get what you want, whether or not you think you have successfully argued against me.  I'm not interested in a "win" or a "point" for my score of won arguments.  What I want you to realize is that mocking and embarrassing and calling people out like this is not a decent thing to do.  And you do not "counter" me who pointed all of this out by calling me "morally superior" or whatever.  It's like someone telling a school bully to knock it off, but the bully replies "You're just acting morally superior!" and am I supposed to just go "Well, ****, you got me there!"? No.  In this instance, I am morally superior, yes.  That is an argument that begs the question: "You are being morally right, so you must be morally right."  You do not push your argument forward with logical fallacies like this.

You have ignored so much of what I have said.  You are cherry picking, and what you do reply to, you completely disregard the counter and simply repeat your original point again.  This leads me with either attacking your dishonest arguing skills (which opens a case for ad hominem), or I repeat my counter again, just for you to disregard and repeat yourself again.  But since you are not opening the way for an honest debate with ignoring counters and acting as if I had never posted, this shows you are not willing to have a proper argument.  That, no matter what I counter with, you are unable to counter back.  And so because of this, pointing out that you are not open for debate should not qualify me under ad hominem attacks, due to the fact that there seems to be no argument from your side anymore.

I am open for debate, but I think this one was doomed from the beginning with your purposely malicious first post.  You do not need to be indecent to people like this.  A bully bullies to make oneself feel above the others.  You say I'm acting morally superior, but it's you wishing superiority of yourself over others.  That is how this thread began as.  And if you find yourself better than others, then I believe that actually puts you below everyone else.  That is what a bully is, a mean person, and being mean doesn't make you superior, even if you think it does.

There was a glimpse of hope for a fair debate when you had concerns about the alt made for translations, and I was hoping we could go there, but you've returned to the malicious mindset of the first post.  And therefore, the argument has been killed.

Feel free to hit me up if you want an actual argument.  One that follows: "Argument, counter, counter, counter, counter. . ." and not "Argument, counter, But Still, counter, But Still, counter, But Still. . ."

mrjawapa wrote:

and that it's pointless to argue with him.

Well, I agree with that bit.  And with that, and with how Luka won't even get the discriminatory rules he wishes, there is no more reason for me to waste even more time for a cause he lost on post 1, so seeya ;P


Azure2.png

Offline

#96 2018-05-05 00:57:05

Koto
Member
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 3,259

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

azurepudding wrote:

Feel free to hit me up if you want an actual argument.  One that follows: "Argument, counter, counter, counter, counter. . ." and not "Argument, counter, But Still, counter, But Still, counter, But Still. . ."

Www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald


Loading...
________________________________________________________
DVNTehT.png

Offline

#97 2018-05-05 01:11:46

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 726

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

Koto wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

Feel free to hit me up if you want an actual argument.  One that follows: "Argument, counter, counter, counter, counter. . ." and not "Argument, counter, But Still, counter, But Still, counter, But Still. . ."

Www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald

No way, I'm wanting reasonable arguments //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue


Azure2.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#98 2018-05-05 09:09:08

soniiiety
Member
From: newzealand
Joined: 2016-02-10
Posts: 1,587

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

woah thats alot of text, btw please don't be mean to peace, and how come on the 1st page it doesnt mention me? ehhhhhh?


KbsIpxI.gif.3d37e376289d9a9_flip.png.

Offline

#99 2018-05-05 18:18:32

Bimps
Member
From: michigan
Joined: 2015-02-08
Posts: 4,838

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

i think translator is a **** account. imagine how demeaning it is to see that for these people that dont know how to speak english. "hey, you arent legible enough, so here's what people will read instead."
also uh yeah if you cant read it without putting effort into it it should be considered spam


pBEEzUa.png
bruuuuuh

Offline

#100 2018-05-06 08:02:02

soniiiety
Member
From: newzealand
Joined: 2016-02-10
Posts: 1,587

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

Bimps wrote:

i think translator is a **** account. imagine how demeaning it is to see that for these people that dont know how to speak english. "hey, you arent legible enough, so here's what people will read instead."
also uh yeah if you cant read it without putting effort into it it should be considered spam

wait are you saying that is what translator say? or you and others?


KbsIpxI.gif.3d37e376289d9a9_flip.png.

Offline

MWstudios1530974264713309

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1566082307.7425 - Generated in 0.109 seconds, 12 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.71 MiB (Peak: 2.02 MiB) ]