Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-05-02 17:02:45

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

Re: A bare minimum of grammar on the forums.

I'm gonna bump this back up because it's still an issue. Could we get a response from Hummerz/Different?

Wooted by:

#27 2018-05-02 17:58:39

XxAtillaxX

Enurp wrote:

I'm gonna bump this back up because it's still an issue. Could we get a response from Hummerz/Different?

or maybe it's not?

signature.png
*u stinky*

#28 2018-05-02 19:25:21

Different55
Forum Admin

No thanks I'm good.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#29 2018-05-03 02:55:36

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

The reason is that english such very difficult can be. Please you take eager attempts at performing good grammar with good intentions in regard to everyone that on this forum is. Please understanding the issue that exists and thank you for making coherent attempts at such things as communication with me.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#30 2018-05-03 06:16:22

azurepudding

this thread is clearly calling a certain user out but not by name.. but we all know who.  And really?  I think everyone is exaggerating the issue.  Yes, by no means is peace's grammar and spelling perfect, but it is still very readable.  Eevn if msot wrods haev swithced letetrs, if you can read English well, you can read that nearly as fast as a correct version would take.  I think the biggest problem with the posts is paragraph spacing.  Even correct spelling and grammar can be difficult to read in wall of text form.

You say to get better at typing, but I say get better at reading.. and if you can't read those posts then you are free to skip them.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#31 2018-05-03 06:42:23, last edited by azurepudding (2018-05-03 06:43:03)

azurepudding

Enurp wrote:

oky u gt i I undtstad, I ont complan anmore

See, that was a breeze to read //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

It only took me a second to tell if you meant don't or won't.

Azure2.png

#32 2018-05-03 06:58:46

azurepudding

Enurp wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
Enurp wrote:

Yruo Attidue no tis proplem is amot a sannoynig as tyrnig ot reda peaec's pots.

A little rougher, but still doable, at least in short responses.  But now you're reaching exaggerated levels //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Azure2.png

#33 2018-05-03 07:00:10

Xfrogman43

azurepudding wrote:

Yes, by no means is peace's grammar and spelling perfect

actually his spelling is fine its that he doesnt take the time to actually press the backspace and switch the letters

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#34 2018-05-03 07:04:28

azurepudding

Enurp wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
Enurp wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
Enurp wrote:

Yruo Attidue no tis proplem is amot a sannoynig as tyrnig ot reda peaec's pots.

A little rougher, but still doable, at least in short responses.  But now you're reaching exaggerated levels //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

nops u potss gabve me branflake dagmage adn typ eno god anmyore

Figuring out scrambled words is easy when first and last letters are in the right spots //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Azure2.png

#35 2018-05-03 07:08:32

azurepudding

Enurp wrote:

owo ko  i otsg u tenh. Ii nudrestnda. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

It's still easy when they're near the ends too //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

But again, you are exaggerating even more and more now, and this isn't an issue that is actually existing.

Azure2.png

#36 2018-05-03 07:11:04

azurepudding

Enurp wrote:

yuo ujst nede to read bteter!

That was your easiest message yet //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Azure2.png

#37 2018-05-03 07:15:04

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

Honestly, your entire "you just need to read better" is more annoying than having to transcribe peace's entire post history. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#38 2018-05-03 07:28:43

azurepudding

Enurp wrote:

Honestly, your entire "you just need to read better" is more annoying than having to transcribe peace's entire post history. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

The posts aren't perfect but are entirely readable.  Those who are complaining are completely capable of reading it, but whine and complain to feel superior with their own spelling and grammar.  Those who have some level of dyslexia would have a stronger case, but so far all who have whined are those who have relatively near perfect handling of the language. 

If you just slowed down a little, you could easily understand these posts by only taking an extra 3 seconds or so of time.  Which is a lot less time than always writing up a complaint post or even a lengthy thread as seen here.  Or feeling the need to "decipher" someone's post.  The point of a language is to share thoughts to one another, and does not always require absolutely perfect usage of the language to get these points across.  It does not take a genius to figure out that "adn" means "and" or that "its" might have been used instead of "it's" or that "undrestand" means "understand."

Whenever I see one of peace's posts, it's always frustrating not because of his post but the one that likely comes right after.  There is always someone whining and complaining and sometimes translating when the text in question is simple to figure out.

Azure2.png

#39 2018-05-03 07:33:07

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

ya but: there's a difference between perfect grammar and not even attempting to make it easily readable. like i can handle a few typos here and there but not when it's entire post full of multiple thoughts and sentences that just ramble on. yeah, it doesn't take a genius, but it sure as hell helps all the users on the forums (including people who don't natively speak english!!) if you make at least a little bit of an effort to use basic first grade writing

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (4)

#40 2018-05-03 07:49:53

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

Zoey2070 wrote:

ya but: there's a difference between perfect grammar and not even attempting to make it easily readable. like i can handle a few typos here and there but not when it's entire post full of multiple thoughts and sentences that just ramble on. yeah, it doesn't take a genius, but it sure as hell helps all the users on the forums (including people who don't natively speak english!!) if you make at least a little bit of an effort to use basic first grade writing

Boom. Perfectly said. EFFORT. Effort is all that is needed.

Wooted by: (2)

#41 2018-05-03 07:50:01, last edited by azurepudding (2018-05-03 07:50:24)

azurepudding

Zoey2070 wrote:

I mean dyslexia is a thing, I know someone from elsewhere who types similarly to peace and constantly has people insulting and bashing their writing style, just because they're dyslexic.  they do try hard but it more often than not doesn't result in perfect spelling.  and then I see the same thing here with people whining, complaining, even insulting ("not even attempting") and translating peace's posts. 

They are readable as they are but this is reaching bullying levels, so really instead of a grammar rule, there should be one against countless correction posts as those are what's actually spammy, and often inflammatory as well.  They are not posts on topic, but ones that pick on a user's way of typing.  If the original post in question is truly spam, then it should be left as Report and Move on.  That simple.

Azure2.png

#42 2018-05-03 09:00:42

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

peace isn't dyslexic. we're not asking for perfect spelling or grammar, we're asking for a cursory run through a spell check, a few periods, and a few paragraph breaks. or maybe just the paragraph breaks!

a majority of people (again, we have a lot of people who don't speak english natively) can't understand peace's posts specifically because he himself has said he doesn't even read what he types. how is it bullying to say "please learn to type properly or no one is going to read your post"? why are you more concerned for peace than the multiple english-as-a-second-language people who possibly already have trouble understanding english, let alone something that looks almost gibberish to someone who IS a native speaker of english. multiple people have problems with peace's post. peace is the only one who writes like that. more people are bothered by that kind of typing than those who type like that. they are not readable to a LOT of the people here. that is the problem. just because you can read it just fine doesn't mean everyone can. like, congrats, you can understand what looks like gibberish to everyone else here. you're smart. we're not. okay. cool. now that we've settled that can we at least accept that peace sucks at typing

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (7)

#43 2018-05-03 09:03:49, last edited by LukeM (2018-05-03 09:08:00)

LukeM
Website

I guess the problem for me isn't that I couldn't read it if I wanted to, it's that it takes long enough that I just cba to spend the extra minute or so deciphering his longer posts, so I just don't read them, and I'm guessing it's the same for others too.

This means that even if peace has some great idea / response, people would just skip over it. It should be in his best interests that as many people as possible see his ideas, so he should want to make his posts more easily readable.

When I complain about his grammar, it's not because I can't understand what he said, or because it takes me a long time to read his posts, it's because I want to try to convince him to put more effort in so if he does have a great idea some time, then it won't go to waste.

Edit: And those peace translations are usually on the posts where I gave up a couple of lines in, so it does actually help //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by:

#44 2018-05-03 09:21:32

azurepudding

Zoey2070 wrote:

peace isn't dyslexic. we're not asking for perfect spelling or grammar, we're asking for a cursory run through a spell check, a few periods, and a few paragraph breaks. or maybe just the paragraph breaks!

a majority of people (again, we have a lot of people who don't speak english natively) can't understand peace's posts specifically because he himself has said he doesn't even read what he types. how is it bullying to say "please learn to type properly or no one is going to read your post"? why are you more concerned for peace than the multiple english-as-a-second-language people who possibly already have trouble understanding english, let alone something that looks almost gibberish to someone who IS a native speaker of english. multiple people have problems with peace's post. peace is the only one who writes like that. more people are bothered by that kind of typing than those who type like that. they are not readable to a LOT of the people here. that is the problem. just because you can read it just fine doesn't mean everyone can. like, congrats, you can understand what looks like gibberish to everyone else here. you're smart. we're not. okay. cool. now that we've settled that can we at least accept that peace sucks at typing

do you know that?

and no that is not what is happening, people are being mean and RUDE about it and that is not the same as politely asking like you just pretended there that was happening.

So some people here aren't first language english speakers.. so it'd make sense that some people wouldn't type perfect english, right?  How can you argue that highly decent spelling is necessary but also argue "think of those who don't have english as their main language"?

And I really doubt that so many people struggle THAT hard, it's just "fun" to have someone to pick on apparently and even moderators and admins are joining in as well.  it's pretty shameful how this can be allowed.  as seen in this thread itself, people have begun mocking him and not a thing is being done about it.  forget whether or not peace is dyslexic or if he's new or not to the language.  regardless of what reason, these responses still fall under bullying and you are condoning it.

I'm not calling anyone dumb here, but lazy, mean, and rude.  And toxic.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#45 2018-05-03 14:01:25

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

azurepudding wrote:

do you know that?

and no that is not what is happening, people are being mean and RUDE about it and that is not the same as politely asking like you just pretended there that was happening.

So some people here aren't first language english speakers.. so it'd make sense that some people wouldn't type perfect english, right?  How can you argue that highly decent spelling is necessary but also argue "think of those who don't have english as their main language"?

And I really doubt that so many people struggle THAT hard, it's just "fun" to have someone to pick on apparently and even moderators and admins are joining in as well.  it's pretty shameful how this can be allowed.  as seen in this thread itself, people have begun mocking him and not a thing is being done about it.  forget whether or not peace is dyslexic or if he's new or not to the language.  regardless of what reason, these responses still fall under bullying and you are condoning it.

Wow please lecture us on how you are a better person and we are obviously bullies some more please.

Wooted by: (5)

#46 2018-05-03 14:11:50

Onjit
Website

Enurp wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

do you know that?

Wow please lecture us on how you are a better person and we are obviously bullies some more please.

This brand of aggressive moral superiority and insidious wholesomeness reminds me of someone who has (thankfully) since toned it down...

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#47 2018-05-03 14:11:58, last edited by Luka504 (2018-05-03 15:15:05)

Luka504

I'm pretty sure peace isn't dyslexic. He has written a lot of words properly in the past, occasionally he wrote whole sentences with no grammatical issues other than forgetting to add apostrophes or commas. And even when he does screw up, he usually adds a letter to a word that doesn't need it or some letters in a word are swapped. In terms of raw spelling, he isn't too bad. He just refuses to use spellcheck.

However, the issue lies within how peace structures his posts. No capital letters, extremely rare punctuation, lack of coherency with his words and no paragraph spacing. All of this just adds to a really mushy and ugly post. This, in turn, lead to people just ignoring what peace has to say, and whenever they see peace's avatar on a post they just automatically dismiss whatever he has to say. I read pretty much every single post on the forums, yet whenever I see peace I just can't be bothered to decipher what he is trying to say.

I also find it pretty ironic how you keep calling people mean and rude when you are acting pretty rudely yourself there. With the exception of ThuggishPrune with his purposefully misspelled posts, everyone here has been pretty civilized and no one mocked or bullied Peace, yet you keep saying that everyone who wants peace to re-read what he posts is a bully. Spoiler alert: They're not.
We shouldn't just ignore this issue like you seem to be suggesting. You can't solve an issue of an individual by changing everybody else. That isn't how it works.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#48 2018-05-03 14:31:27

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

Luka504 wrote:

With the exception of ThuggishPrune with his purposefully misspelled posts

Woah "purposefully"? I was suffering from a severe case of brain damage which caused me to type like that last night.

I fixed it tho, I'm all better.

#49 2018-05-03 17:36:42, last edited by azurepudding (2018-05-03 17:38:09)

azurepudding

Enurp wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

do you know that?

I already did but here's an example https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 64#p704964

call me what you want, but you guys know what you are doing so stop acting as if you're completely clueless.

i'll respond to the rest later i got somewhere to be rn

Azure2.png

#50 2018-05-03 18:57:46

Anak

sis why we still posting in this thread

Peace doesn't care as they've already mentioned and no one's under any obligations to read anyone's posts here (just like how I don't read half the posts in this thread bc yall be typing out paragraphs and novels and I dont care enough to read them ??)
If they don't care enough to to fix errors in their posts then that's their fault and if there is smth stopping them from doing that (e.g. dyslexia) then they should've mentioned that and/or gotten some support if possible. All of you have your opinions sure but I mean I don't read half the posts on this site when they are standard spelling and grammar so

U3iUtj.gif

MWstudios1530974264713309

Board footer