Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-09 14:56:44

peace

unlockable things

i recently starte dplaying a game called factory idle on kongergate it used achivements to unlock things like get an income of $1.4 per tick to unlock research tab ha d aslo money milestones and gave extr amoney upon reachign (25%) what if we add this to ee so it isnt a big mess for new players+it will be harder to lobby spam as that is my main reason behind this you can lead the new players easily to tutorial worlds/pages leanr them also to work with ALL blocks so they know what action blocks they want to buy first for guests they alos need to do such things to unlock creatign world make this sever sided so no hacked clients cheating the ahcivements

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#2 2018-04-09 16:02:08

bgic

Re: unlockable things

Yea. This could bring some life back into the game.

guys help how to mark all new posts as read?

nvm found it lol

#3 2018-04-09 16:20:43

LukeM
Website

I have no idea what you just suggested //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#4 2018-04-09 20:25:32

peace

LukeM wrote:

I have no idea what you just suggested //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

let me shortly explian my suggestion relatated to a game i recently started playing: basically achievements added to ee where you need to do things to unlock new things it has 2 purposes:
1. its harder to lobby spam as even guest have to do something/learn something in order to create open worlds and dot othert things
2. new players dont get overwhelmed wiht a big shop much blocks and not knowign what to do as the tutorial we have now for new players is a mess  it even lest you spend your energy but new payers i think dont know what to buy the game i started playign even ha dmilestone for money you collected and gave you some exrtra money on that ee could do that wiht energy/gems too even max energy
and in ordner to not get hacked clients do their work this should be sever sided

peace.png

#5 2018-04-09 21:30:54

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

hey, people would read your stuff more if you used paragraph breaks and ran it through a spell checker once

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (5)

#6 2018-04-09 21:37:46, last edited by drunkbnu (2018-04-09 21:43:33)

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

I still can't understand you with that grammar, so I'll reply to what I can understand.

No matter how hard you try to prevent players from spamming the lobby, there will always be spammers finding out workarounds.

No matter how many challenges you add to allow world creation, or how you implement them, they all can still be exploited and hacked, and once again, it's impossible to prevent it. You might be able to delay hacking, but will never be able to successfully stop it.

Just look at the campaigns. No matter how efficient the anti-cheat system is, campaign levels can still be easily automatically completed by recording movements from legit completions, with minor changes.

#7 2018-04-10 06:55:01

peace

HG wrote:

I still can't understand you with that grammar, so I'll reply to what I can understand.

No matter how hard you try to prevent players from spamming the lobby, there will always be spammers finding out workarounds.

No matter how many challenges you add to allow world creation, or how you implement them, they all can still be exploited and hacked, and once again, it's impossible to prevent it. You might be able to delay hacking, but will never be able to successfully stop it.

Just look at the campaigns. No matter how efficient the anti-cheat system is, campaign levels can still be easily automatically completed by recording movements from legit completions, with minor changes.

thats why i want it serversided so hackers cnat chagge the chalanges to somethign easy

peace.png

#8 2018-04-10 09:03:34, last edited by LukeM (2018-04-10 09:04:00)

LukeM
Website

Even if it's server side, you can just get a bot to do them all quickly for you (like ninjasupeatsninja did with the Easter world hunt thing)

Wooted by:

#9 2018-04-10 15:05:13

peace

LukeM wrote:

Even if it's server side, you can just get a bot to do them all quickly for you (like ninjasupeatsninja did with the Easter world hunt thing)

even completigng fullw worlds? (considering tutorials campaign is in this idea)

peace.png

#10 2018-04-10 15:06:29

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Yes, even full worlds

Wooted by:

#11 2018-04-14 04:41:37, last edited by Slabdrill (2018-04-14 04:41:48)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

OP translation because people don't know english apparently
"I recently started playing a game called factory idle on kongregate.
It used achievements to unlock things, like "get an income of $1.4 per tick to unlock the research lab". It also had money milestones and gave extra (+25%) money upon reaching them.
What if we add this to EE so that it isn't a big mess for new players, and it will be harder to lobby spam.
That is my main reason behind this suggestion. You can lead the new players easily to tutorial worlds/pages to learn from them.
Let this work will all blocks, so that they know what action blocks they want to buy first.
Guests also have to do achievements to unlock the creation of worlds.
Make this server sided so that there are no hacked clients cheating the achievements."

"Let me explain my suggestion related to a game i recently started playing. Basically, add achievements to EE that unlock new things. It has two purposes:
1. It's harder to lobby spam because guests have to do/learn things to create open worlds and do other things.
2. New players don't get overwhelmed with a big shop with a lot of blocks, and not knowing what to do because the current tutorial is bad. The game currently lets you spend your energy but a new player doesn't know what's good to buy. I started playing {??} each milestone for money you collected gave you some extra money. EE could do that with energy/gems too; even max energy. To make hacked clients not work, this should be server sided."

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by: (3)

#12 2018-04-14 04:50:45

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

Slabdrill wrote:

OP translation because people don't know english apparently

It's not because we don't know english, it's because if you don't put effort into anything you say why should people give a ****?

Wooted by: (5)

#13 2018-04-14 09:54:59

peace

LukeM wrote:
peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Yes, even full worlds

even with cheat detectors?

peace.png

#14 2018-04-14 10:38:01, last edited by LukeM (2018-04-14 10:38:21)

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:

The cheat detectors only really work against manual hacks, you can easily record the path through the world, remove everything that isnt neccesary to avoid the cheat detector, and replay it.

#15 2018-04-14 13:53:53, last edited by peace (2018-04-14 13:54:05)

peace

LukeM wrote:
peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:

The cheat detectors only really work against manual hacks, you can easily record the path through the world, remove everything that isnt neccesary to avoid the cheat detector, and replay it.

:/ there needs to be a way

peace.png

#16 2018-04-14 14:36:23, last edited by LukeM (2018-04-14 14:40:39)

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:
peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Well there's a way to make it take a bit longer, but it still wouldn't completely stop it:

The best you can do is make sure you can't make invalid movements, which is what the current anti-cheat tries to do. The reason that it's not very successful is that currently the physics aren't easily replicatable, so the best they can do is make certain checks that everyone has to complete before finishing the world (e.g. getting all coins)

It would however be possible to make the physics deterministic (easily replicatable) if they included time stamps for everything, so when a movement occurs, they can check if they are in a valid location, which would completely prevent manual hacks like god mode, or teleporting.

However, even this couldn't stop people from just recording one run, and replaying it back for different accounts later, as there would be no way to distinguish between these messages and the original manual ones, so it would be physically impossible to detect that the second one was replayed using a bot instead of done manually using the official EE client.

So no, there is no way to stop people from automatically completing them with a bot.

#17 2018-04-14 14:48:14

peace

LukeM wrote:
peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:
peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Well there's a way to make it take a bit longer, but it still wouldn't completely stop it:

The best you can do is make sure you can't make invalid movements, which is what the current anti-cheat tries to do. The reason that it's not very successful is that currently the physics aren't easily replicatable, so the best they can do is make certain checks that everyone has to complete before finishing the world (e.g. getting all coins)

It would however be possible to make the physics deterministic (easily replicatable) if they included time stamps for everything, so when a movement occurs, they can check if they are in a valid location, which would completely prevent manual hacks like god mode, or teleporting.

However, even this couldn't stop people from just recording one run, and replaying it back for different accounts later, as there would be no way to distinguish between these messages and the original manual ones, so it would be physically impossible to detect that the second one was replayed using a bot instead of done manually using the official EE client.

So no, there is no way to stop people from automatically completing them with a bot.

you mean they record there moeves so the 2nd time and futher will be very fast with a bot yeah doesnt really work well with timed doors but the could do an ip check and then check the time they complete dit the 2nd time wiht that ip if its very fast they could kick orso

peace.png

#18 2018-04-14 15:06:22

LukeM
Website

With timed doors you'd just make sure to start at the same point in the cycle every time, which is easy to do.

IP address checks wouldn't work either as they can easily be changed with something like a VPN or whatever.

Although yes, speed could be checked, time really doesn't matter with bots, as you can easily do it with many accounts at the same time, or leave it going overnight, without almost any effort needed.

#19 2018-04-15 11:08:02

peace

LukeM wrote:

With timed doors you'd just make sure to start at the same point in the cycle every time, which is easy to do.

IP address checks wouldn't work either as they can easily be changed with something like a VPN or whatever.

Although yes, speed could be checked, time really doesn't matter with bots, as you can easily do it with many accounts at the same time, or leave it going overnight, without almost any effort needed.

yeah sad ip's can be chnaged otherwise they could link the ip wiht a fast time and kick but maby the reboot will gives us a harder time to chnage ip/hack things

peace.png

#20 2018-04-15 19:32:25

Yoiran
Brand New Member

peace wrote:

maby the reboot will gives us a harder time to chnage ip/hack things

But people can use a VPN

1200 is quite alot, don'tchu think?

#21 2018-04-15 19:36:18

Joeyc

There must be a way to bypass vpn.

1. I was thinking they could make it so it would auto ban the players who tried to create an account.

Or disable there option to create accounts entirely, but they might just be able to vpn that.

#22 2018-04-15 19:40:44, last edited by peace (2018-04-15 19:41:02)

peace

got an idea after for the world spam: be active for x time to unclok creating open worlds
edit: for guests its under same ip

peace.png

peace1523817644703371

Board footer