Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-11 20:46:48

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Good Post Award

I've talked about this before, how different woots have different purposes. Some are for agreements, others are to compliment hard work, while others are just made for fun. There's a problem with this current woot system. A quick joke topic can get lots of woots, while a constructive and well-written post usually gets few woots because most people don't read it or agree with it.

I'm not sure if the woot system has done more good, or more bad, but I do know the system of awarding good posts can be improved. I'll just call my proposal the "Good Post Award" for convenience.

In a topic, people will vote for a good post, and give an explanation for why they think so. As mentioned in this post here are some good guidelines for what's considered a "good post":

• posts that are well-written and easy to read

• posts that help the community

• modest posts that aren't seeking attention

• posts that are patient or kind towards one or more other users

• posts that have funny jokes, but don't push the rules or talk down to other users

Once the community reaches a consensus on a good post, the user is given the Good Post Award. What is the award? A title, maybe. Or a medal icon near their profile. Or maybe even gems! I don't know. But there are a lot of options here.

This system some major upsides over the woot system: each vote has an explanation, meaning that votes for stuff like spammy topics or sarcastic comebacks won't be easily bandwagoned. Users will actively talk and think about what a good post is, which may influence how they decide to post. I hope that such a system would encourage the community to become more positive and more welcoming.

Wooted by:

#2 2018-04-11 21:13:12

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Re: Good Post Award

I really don’t mean to rain on your parade, but I feel that this is too formal for these forums. The fun thing about woots is the room for interpretation. I warn users for making a rule-breaking post, but sometimes I’ll woot the same post if it’s funny or something just because it’s not that deep lol

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#3 2018-04-11 21:50:26

Kira

This might now win the good post award, but it certainly deserves its funniest post award

Wooted by:

#4 2018-04-11 23:25:49

Onjit
Website

N1KF wrote:

I've talked about this before, how different woots have different purposes. Some are for agreements, others are to compliment hard work, while others are just made for fun. There's a problem with this current woot system. A quick joke topic can get lots of woots, while a constructive and well-written post usually gets few woots because most people don't read it or agree with it.

I'm not sure if the woot system has done more good, or more bad, but I do know the system of awarding good posts can be improved. I'll just call my proposal the "Good Post Award" for convenience.

In a topic, people will vote for a good post, and give an explanation for why they think so. As mentioned in this post here are some good guidelines for what's considered a "good post":

• posts that are well-written and easy to read

• posts that help the community

• modest posts that aren't seeking attention

• posts that are patient or kind towards one or more other users

• posts that have funny jokes, but don't push the rules or talk down to other users

Once the community reaches a consensus on a good post, the user is given the Good Post Award. What is the award? A title, maybe. Or a medal icon near their profile. Or maybe even gems! I don't know. But there are a lot of options here.

This system some major upsides over the woot system: each vote has an explanation, meaning that votes for stuff like spammy topics or sarcastic comebacks won't be easily bandwagoned. Users will actively talk and think about what a good post is, which may influence how they decide to post. I hope that such a system would encourage the community to become more positive and more welcoming.

yeah  thats nice and all but i prefer short and occasionally witty posts to long and arrogant posts that have been overthought to death

:.|:;

#5 2018-04-11 23:26:38

Anak

Me receiving awards for my many good posts:

maxresdefault.jpg

Me after I **** about worms:

yYaj7.gif

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2018-04-12 00:10:58

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

I'll put it next to my Good Boy! award.

~I can only see this feature being used sarcastically.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (3)
Tomahawk1523488258702841

Board footer