Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-31 10:37:31

cpcrabs

Saving World Glitch

I cannot currently save my world, if I try to the "Saving World" message appears and never goes away.

Video example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzOCQHF … e=youtu.be

This has happened to me recently a couple of times, but usually it goes away after half an hour. I've now waited over an hour and a half and nothing has changed.

I've been going into the world in new tabs and trying to save from them but the same thing happens.

I think I need to leave the world to be able to save again, but then I will lose progress //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad Very annoying glitch...

17 i think

#2 2018-03-31 10:42:04

peace

Re: Saving World Glitch

cpcrabs wrote:

I cannot currently save my world, if I try to the "Saving World" message appears and never goes away.

Video example:

This has happened to me recently a couple of times, but usually it goes away after half an hour. I've now waited over an hour and a half and nothing has changed.

I've been going into the world in new tabs and trying to save from them but the same thing happens.

I think I need to leave the world to be able to save again, but then I will lose progress //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad Very annoying glitch...

this happens to very big words 200x200 or bigger wich has loads of data aka signs/portals/switches ect had the same for some of my worlds too in the past

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#3 2018-03-31 10:48:34

cpcrabs

peace wrote:
cpcrabs wrote:

Video example:

this happens to very big words 200x200 or bigger wich has loads of data aka signs/portals/switches ect had the same for some of my worlds too in the past

Thanks for the reply.

This world doesn't have many signs or portals, and definitely less than my other worlds. It's not the block limit, if that's what you're referring to. The bug has even happened in a few of my smaller worlds when trying to save.

17 i think

#4 2018-03-31 11:10:32

Gosha

Can you please provide a world id

#5 2018-03-31 11:37:25, last edited by cpcrabs (2018-03-31 11:37:54)

cpcrabs

Gosha wrote:

Can you please provide a world id

Here is the world ID: PWG8eKaIBFbUI

I've left the world completely and reentered and it and it can now save, but I lost a lot of progress.

17 i think

#6 2018-03-31 12:44:36

LukeM
Website

Ive taken a look at the world, and although it doesn't look like you would have reached the world limit yet, you are a significant proportion of the way there, so I guess its possible that you might have (I can't work out how big the save is exactly, as I dont think PlayerIO disclose how they format the save files)

#7 2018-03-31 12:55:46

peace

data limti shoudl be fixed or you should be able to leave an fake player in the world until an admin csn get a look at it (the world will then be disabled form lobby so tyou can spam player count or cheat wwith that

peace.png

#8 2018-03-31 12:57:40

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:

data limti shoudl be fixed or you should be able to leave an fake player in the world until an admin csn get a look at it (the world will then be disabled form lobby so tyou can spam player count or cheat wwith that

Its not something that can be fixed though, as long as EE uses PlayerIO the limit will be there (and it wouldn't be easy to switch to using something else)
Even if you leave the world online, theres nothing an admin can do really, its out of their hands

#9 2018-03-31 14:45:26

peace

LukeM wrote:
peace wrote:

Its not something that can be fixed though, as long as EE uses PlayerIO the limit will be there (and it wouldn't be easy to switch to using something else)
Even if you leave the world online, theres nothing an admin can do really, its out of their hands

leaving world online means you and admin can look in what to earase

peace.png

#10 2018-03-31 14:56:00

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Why would an admin need to be there to do that though? You could just do it on your own couldn't you?

Wooted by:

#11 2018-03-31 20:32:52

peace

LukeM wrote:
peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Why would an admin need to be there to do that though? You could just do it on your own couldn't you?

you and an admin can discuss what the best at taht moment the admin cna check the code and say you could remove this to fix it or this is enough to fix it

peace.png

#12 2018-03-31 21:06:44, last edited by LukeM (2018-03-31 21:07:16)

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:

you and an admin can discuss what the best at taht moment the admin cna check the code and say you could remove this to fix it or this is enough to fix it

I dont think they have access to that information as its handled by PlayerIO //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue IIRC all they know is that the world is over the limit, not how much it is over by

Wooted by:

#13 2018-04-01 00:56:23

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

We were able to save our worlds just fine before the server went out, but now we're experiencing difficulties saving them. The database or limit or whatever didn't become a problem until the server restarted. At least that's what I think happened, although I'm not 100% sure since I'm unsure about what exactly caused it to happen. :/

However, I can rarely save anything when there's too much stuff in one of my worlds, like my Unfair World. I was only able to save that world just once after deleting some stuff, but when I tried to save again, the save screen gets stuck FOREVER.

Sorry for this one dumb question.

"𝓗𝓘𝓖𝓗 𝓠𝓤𝓐𝓛𝓘𝓣𝓨" non-animated signature.
MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent ¯\_(º_o)_/¯
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

#14 2018-04-01 01:30:14, last edited by LukeM (2018-04-01 01:31:50)

LukeM
Website

Sticksam wrote:

We were able to save our worlds just fine before the server went out, but now we're experiencing difficulties saving them. The database or limit or whatever didn't become a problem until the server restarted. At least that's what I think happened, although I'm not 100% sure since I'm unsure about what exactly caused it to happen. :/

However, I can rarely save anything when there's too much stuff in one of my worlds, like my Unfair World. I was only able to save that world just once after deleting some stuff, but when I tried to save again, the save screen gets stuck FOREVER.

Sorry for this one dumb question.

So it's happening to other worlds too?

Also, the block data consists of an ID, a layer, and a list of x, y positions the block is placed in
All of this data is needed for the game to work, but the way it is stored isn't perfect, so yes they could technically compress it so it takes up less space, although this would be a huge task, and depending on how they did it, it might mean that it becomes harder to release new updates in the future because they didn't expect to need a certain feature or whatever

#15 2018-04-01 02:34:29

cpcrabs

I think everyone is forgetting that this happened a couple of times in my worlds without portals or signs... It cannot be block limit because it has happened in worlds that obviously are not reaching block limit.

17 i think

#16 2018-04-01 10:28:17

LukeM
Website

cpcrabs wrote:

I think everyone is forgetting that this happened a couple of times in my worlds without portals or signs... It cannot be block limit because it has happened in worlds that obviously are not reaching block limit.

Other worlds than the one youve posted? If so then it probably is a bug, but if not, its definately possible that you did reach it, even if it doesn't seem like you would have

#17 2018-04-01 12:19:24

cpcrabs

LukeM wrote:
cpcrabs wrote:

Other worlds than the one youve posted? If so then it probably is a bug, but if not, its definately possible that you did reach it, even if it doesn't seem like you would have

It's happened in the same world when there was no portals and only 2 signs. It has also happened in my free edit world. Yeah I'm 100% sure it is a bug.

17 i think

#18 2018-04-02 00:52:16, last edited by St1ckS4m(EE) (2018-04-02 00:52:40)

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

cpcrabs wrote:
LukeM wrote:
cpcrabs wrote:

It's happened in the same world when there was no portals and only 2 signs. It has also happened in my free edit world. Yeah I'm 100% sure it is a bug.

I agree, I also think it's definitely a bug in the save system which caused it to stop working properly, but I'm not really sure how they can fix it. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/b/b9/132_unsure

"𝓗𝓘𝓖𝓗 𝓠𝓤𝓐𝓛𝓘𝓣𝓨" non-animated signature.
MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent ¯\_(º_o)_/¯
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

#19 2018-04-04 09:48:19

LukeM
Website

Just incase it was the world loading glitch, could you try making some changes then saving it now? If it's fixed then //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile otherwise you've probably just hit the world limit earlier than expected //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

LukeM1522831699701588

Board footer