Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-01 13:03:59

Emma333

Highly sensitive people of everybody edits forums unite

In short: highly sensitive people are overwhelmed by many things.

They usually have strong senses, small sounds can be notices more, and loud sounds will be more overwhelming.

A lot of empathy, and very sensitive. This will sometimes result in feeling someones pain more than that person felt, because that person isn't as sensitive as you are.

A very complex inner life, a lot of things happen inside your head, so in conversations highly sensitive people will seem shy because they're focussing on too many things.

Some Highly sensitive people will react to this by avoiding overwhelming situations, like not going to parties with loud music, or not watching movies in which people are treated horribly.
Other people will react to this by seeking these overwhelming situations, because they get an adrenaline rush from it. I for example seek situations that create extreme emotions, because feeling something so strong is very nice, even if these emotions are bad like extreme sadness.

Comment if ur highly sensitive, if ur the opposite of highly sensitife, if ur interested, or if u hate it

Pm me with anything math related please

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2018-04-01 13:42:48

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Highly sensitive people of everybody edits forums unite

Ehh, I somewhat relate to this, but generally only in certain circumstances.

Eg. I sometimes cry over other people's problems that they may not have cried over themselves. I take responsibility for suffering that I have not caused nor do I have any way of influencing. I hate it when people are arguing or shouting at each other which can sometimes cause me to have mini panic attacks over it or leaving the room whereas other times I'd try to intervein and attempt to break up the argument or I may just ignore it all together. The mood of other people around me often dictates my own mood. And I also like to simply observe other people enjoying life in simple ways, for example, whenever I used to walk home with friends after school, I'd often just walk behind them and listen to their conversations instead of joining in with the conversation myself because I often found that more enjoyable.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#3 2018-04-01 21:26:35

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

is this some kind of april fools prank

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#4 2018-04-01 21:44:14

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

No? I think she is just generally curious about whether other people have had a similar experience to what she has.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#5 2018-04-01 21:50:44

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

From the title I thought you were gonna rant about how forum users get super triggered over stuff like drama, and that everyone needs to chill.

Eh. I suppose I'm sensitive insofar that I'm considerate and pay close attention to how others act and what they say. Having the emotional range of a teaspoon means I'm not empathic to any great extent, but that's different to being sensitive to emotion.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#6 2018-04-01 22:33:25

Kentiya
Website

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensory_p … ensitivity

I haven't looked into it much, but supposedly an answer above 14 out of 27 on this test means you are a highly sensitive person. I get a score of around 16. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

kentiya-cartoony-120.png
Kentiya / Atikyne — EE & EEU lead artist 2018-2020

#7 2018-04-02 00:27:49, last edited by Raphe9000 (2018-04-02 00:30:04)

Raphe9000

I am hypersensitive and hyposensitive to many things with almost nothing in between.
I am hypersensitive to:
sounds - Anything too high or low of a pitch, and relatively high volume can cause me extreme pain
lights - Being outside near noon is hard for me because even the ground is so bright that it hurts my eyes. I can't have any lights on in my house beside screens glowing to remain comfortable.
tastes - To me, the smallest things can taste so extreme that they cause me to gag or get sick.
smells - I live in a city off a river, so we have relatively fresh fish. That doesn't change that walking into a supermarket causes me to gag because of the smell of the fish at the other side of the store.
tactility - I have to wear loose clothes with no seams and one brand of shoes to remain sane. I much prefer minimal clothes.
heat - I feel very hot at anything above ~73-74 degrees F, so I wear shorts the whole year with short sleeve shirts. With my luck, sun touching my skin makes me feel like I'm burning alive.
consistency/texture - I can't eat fats, coconut, spinach, or really anything like those foods because they immediately trigger my (also hypersensitive) gag reflex.
proprioception - I need to be in extremely precise positions to be comfortable in certain conditions, and I'm in constant awareness of my joints and such.

I'm hyposensitive to:
emotions - There's almost like a disconnect between my thoughts and emotions. It's an issue because I don't think remotely close to what I feel, and emotions like anger becoming thought don't cross back into emotion, so I remain angry for years.
empathy - I possess empathy, but I have it in extremely low amounts. I'm basically the opposite of an empath but not in the sense of a sociopath.
external pain & spiciness - I don't react much to external pain and sometimes do things that cause me pain for fun because I don't feel/care about the pain. And I only notice extreme spiciness when my body starts reacting strangely, lasting hours.
the cold - I used to get in trouble in my school years ago for wearing short sleeves & shorts in the winter because I was hot & didn't feel the cold. Teachers thought being outside caused a cold in the winter and I'd catch it if I wasn't 100% warm.
vestibularity - I don't get motion sick or dizzy from anything, I enjoy triggering what would make people dizzy/sick, and I constantly rock, move, and perform other types of stimming.
I'm also like autistic with spd so that might not help. Edit: the sensory one btw...

I haven't looked into it much, but supposedly an answer above 14 out of 27 on this test means you are a highly sensitive person. I get a score of around 16.

I gots a seventeens.

#8 2018-04-02 00:37:19

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

mutantdevle wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

No? I think she is just generally curious about whether other people have had a similar experience to what she has.

well this wasnt the best timing to post the thread then
rip

i8SwC8p.png

#9 2018-04-02 04:25:19

Emma333

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

rip

The joke is that it isnt a joke while you expected a joke. April fools!!!!

Pm me with anything math related please

Wooted by: (2)

#10 2018-04-02 08:24:07

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Emma333 wrote:
TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

rip

The joke is that it isnt a joke while you expected a joke. April fools!!!!

Oh damn you got me

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by:
TaskManager1522653847701212

Board footer