Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-04-01 14:00:53

Kira

Re: Ask me anything!

You have 4 strings. You can permute each string in anyway you want and then you are going to construct a trie from these 4 strings. What is the minimum possible number of nodes in this trie?

#52 2018-04-01 15:22:37

Pingohits
Banned

why //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad do //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad think //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad im //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad a //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad terrible //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad dude //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad with //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad bad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad levels

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (2)

#53 2018-04-01 21:27:42

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Gosha wrote:

idk, pls ask dev questions,

incorrect you said ANYTHING

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#54 2018-04-02 00:42:11

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

Gosha wrote:
Sticksam wrote:

I wonder if GREEN signs will be a thing in the game...

idk, pls ask dev questions, this one is for designers and xenon

Oh, ok. I'll try that, but maybe later.
(If I can think or figure out of a way to do so, especially whenever I feel like it.)

TaskManager wrote:
Gosha wrote:

So I'm guessing not every question can be asked or answered here? https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/60/012_inquisitive

"𝓗𝓘𝓖𝓗 𝓠𝓤𝓐𝓛𝓘𝓣𝓨" non-animated signature.
MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent ¯\_(º_o)_/¯
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

#55 2018-04-02 05:17:59

Gosha

Kira wrote:

You have 4 strings. You can permute each string in anyway you want and then you are going to construct a trie from these 4 strings. What is the minimum possible number of nodes in this trie?

An apple

Pingohits wrote:

why //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad do //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad think //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad im //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad a //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad terrible //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad dude //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad with //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad bad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad levels

Because I am jealous //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

TaskManager wrote:
Gosha wrote:

Yes,  anything. But don't ask me design questions because I simply don't know the answer,  I am a dev here,  so dev questions would be better

#56 2018-06-09 23:52:43

FierceThunder - Anrew
Brand New Member

How can I get some help regarding a world issue. I accidentally deleted one of my worlds. And then saved it out of not paying attention in my freak out.:(:(:(

#57 2018-06-09 23:56:32

BasicNet
Banned

Will you be the new owner of Everybody Edits? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#58 2018-06-10 08:29:03

MWstudios

How many "ask me anything" topics are devs going to make

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#59 2018-06-10 08:51:44

soniiiety

can you please add on 1st page all your answers?

if none to our questions then why are we asking?

#60 2018-06-10 12:08:14

Corysut

Do you remember me? :3

boiJexr.png?1

#61 2018-06-20 15:40:44

Minisaurus
Banned

Hello Gosha, I have a few questions for you about the game physics:

Blocks & smileys:
1) Are block hitbox smaller than smileys?

2) Is there any space between two blocks together?

3) Do blocks or smileys have missing pixels on each edge?

Speed up:
1) Do you stack more speed in the middle of the run? 

I mean something like this:

Position of the smiley:
1) Do EE ¨fix¨ the position of the smiley after it stop moving? (If so, why?)

Boost:
1) Is boost the max speed possible for the game?

2) Can you offer resistance against a boost, like if it was a dot/arrow?

3) Can you reach the boost speed without any boost?

Ice block:
1) Do it have influence outside its hitbox size about the speed boosting it gives? (Like an ¨aura¨)

#62 2018-06-20 16:01:17, last edited by LukeM (2018-06-20 16:12:13)

LukeM
Website

I'm not Gosha, but I'm pretty sure I can answer most of these questions

Minisaurus wrote:

Blocks & smileys:
No

No

Not completely sure what you mean, but smileys and blocks both have an exact 16x16 pixel hitbox, hopefully that answers your question

Speed up:

The factors at play are a driving force and air resistance, so you have a highest acceleration at the start

Like this (a random image I found online)

Position of the smiley:
EE adjusts the smileys location if you are close to the gric once you stop moving, this is so you can more easily jump up through one block gaps etc.

Boost:
I think so (citation needed)

Boosts set your velocity to a constant value while you are in them, so nothing else will affect your speed, but a small bug means that for two (iirc) ticks after you leave the boost you have dot physics, in which you can oppose the boost even if you wouldn't be able to normally

Don't think so (citation needed)

Ice block:
1) Do it have influence outside its hitbox size about the speed boosting it gives? (Like an ¨aura¨)
I'm pretty sure EE only checks the block under the middle of your smiley, so no (citation needed)

#63 2018-06-20 17:09:16

Gosha

Minisaurus wrote:

Hello Gosha, I have a few questions for you about the game physics:

Blocks & smileys:
actually, smileys don't have actual hitboxes. It's a bad system with hardcoded physics. The short answer is no, smileys are 16x16 and most of the blocks too.

no

no

Speed up:

Each tick gives you some momentum, then "air" resistance slows that momentum until they match up (max speed)

Position of the smiley:
yes, iirc if you are in range of 4 pixels to the middle of the block it will adjust your position. This comes from the early ages of ee. (also without this it wouldn't be possible to get into the hole at the slower speeds unless you land perfectly in the middle

Boost:
what do you mean? side note: i once gave boosts a very high drag value and were able to pass blocks, so i wouldn't like increasing the max speed even more, boosts are pretty fast.

boosts have a "dot" physics (actually, it's not dot, but it's default drag without any force messing with you), but also give you a boost, so that's why it's possible to move in them (it's mostly comes from bad implementation, god bless mrshoe era)

yeah, portals increase your speed by 1.34 (iirc), this value was higher in early days of ee, so portal boosts were a thing

Ice block:

ice blocks work very poorly, basically it checks the block below you (16 pixels down). If you are that range - your physics switch to ice physics. Once you leave that 16x16 block - you return to normal physics. I would like to fix this bad implementation, but many worlds rely on ice blocks, so it's sadly not possible

Wooted by:

#64 2018-06-21 06:00:50

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Why is your smiley default?

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#65 2018-06-21 06:58:37

Gosha

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Why is your smiley default?

sometimes i wear zombie smiley, which doesn't get saved and instead transforms into regular smiley. Then i just don't bother to switch

#66 2018-06-21 07:00:43

Onjit
Website

when are you going to add s n a g s a n g a s to ee??

:.|:;

#67 2018-06-27 09:34:02, last edited by Minisaurus (2018-06-27 09:35:00)

Minisaurus
Banned

Hello Gosha, recently I made a topic about magic coins, I would appreciate to have that questions answered by you.

Questions from the other topic I made:
Minisaurus1530088442711559

Board footer