Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-18 00:08:18

William L. Burnett

[Question] Authentication, Connection, Events, Database Access?

Hello fellow programmers,

I am William L. Burnett, and I have some experience with programming. I would like to know how I can authenticate, connect to a room, access the database, and handle events that are received from the server. Can anyone help me get started with this?

Thank you in advance,

William L. Burnett

unknown.png

Wooted by:

#2 2018-03-18 00:36:00, last edited by LukeM (2018-03-18 00:38:27)

LukeM
Website

Re: [Question] Authentication, Connection, Events, Database Access?

Everybody Edits uses a game service called PlayerIO (dowloadable from here), so you can find a lot of the documentation here
Most bots currently use the C# (or sometimes JavaScript) client, although you can probably use the others if you are prepared to spend a fair amount of time working out how you'd connect.

To log in and connect to a room, you can use the following code:

C#
JavaScript

Once you have a working connection, you can look at the EE protocol documentation (an up to date version can be found here) to see what messages there are, and what data they contain.
As for accessing the database, I would advise looking at the PlayerIO BigDB documentation, then playing around to work out how things work, as (as far as I know) there is no good documentation of how the data is formatted.

If you have any more specific needs (e.g. parsing the init message, etc.) then ask and I'll do my best to answer them

Good luck with whatever you're making //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#3 2018-03-18 00:45:24

William L. Burnett

Re: [Question] Authentication, Connection, Events, Database Access?

Awesome, thank you!

unknown.png

Wooted by:
William L. Burnett1521330324699537

Board footer