Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-03-09 07:48:15

KillerKiller
Anonymous user

Re: let's share how autistic we are

I might have savant, i can remember a lot and do things easier,help people,remember over 150 dreams or less,I can

use my imagination really good and i can maladaptive day dreaming and i can adapt to diffrent accents if i am talking to somone who is from any other country etc, i know this might be just normal i just saying

i think that we should do a test to see if we have savant syndrome

#52 2018-03-09 12:45:03

edibleEunuch4
Anonymous user

yes i think we should do a test to see if we have savant syndrome

#53 2018-03-09 12:51:19

CuteChicken
Anonymous user

Well, savant's means that you are very handicapped in one area and very gifted in another. You are probably just high functioning like me. Aspies have average to above average IQs and generally have skills to go against their handicaps.

A bunch of iamverysmart level 'bragging'

That being said, I am no savant. I do have countless flaws, like not being able to wear 99% of clothing, having to cover my ears a ton, not being able to drive because headlights, the sun, and other lights hurt my eyes so incredibly much, not being able to walk into a supermarket and not instantly gag at the smell of fish across the store, not being able to eat most foods due to taste and consistency, having no skill in inference and the such, never understanding instructions if they are not 100% specific, not being able to function if my schedule is changed, not being able to relate to people around me, drifting away from conversation, having barely any grasp of connotation, not being able to understand if I'm wrong (or just good enough at arguments to not let myself be), not being able to handle situations that are too stressful, being stressed out and having sensory overload by things such as crowded areas, not getting nonverbal hints, not liking looking at eyes, not recognizing faces to the extent where I don't always recognize people I know very well, and so many other things.
Truthfully, however, I usually just am known as either someone who is called way smarter than he acts or some kind of sheldon cooper. Many people don't even know I'm autistic. I'm neither gifted nor handicapped enough to truthfully be a savant, and I truly wouldn't believe you are either. For all I know, you may very well be, but I at least wanted to kind of dissect myself and why I don't believe I'm anywhere close to a savant for anyone else who may believe they are.
-Raphe

Wooted by:

#54 2018-03-09 19:49:12

Handsome_heretic
Anonymous user

KillerKiller wrote:

i can adapt to diffrent accents if i am talking to somone who is from any other country

This is actually just a normal conversational skill called accomodation theory. You will basically converge with someone (adapting to their linguistic features/nuances/etc.) to reduce social differences between you and ease the flow of a conversation. If I'm in London/with younger people I go a lot more into MLE because that identifies me as part of their group and reduces conversational barriers between us. It's not something I particularly think about but it's a conscious thing (if that even makes sense)

CuteChicken wrote:

not liking looking at eyes

Among others, this is actually such a big thing for me. I can never look into people's eyes bc it just makes me uncomfortable most of the time and I don't even need to look at them to speak to them yk? I once had a science teacher who was a total **** about it and pulled me out after class to tell me if I didn't look at his eyes when he was speaking to us I would fail the subject lol

Wooted by:

#55 2018-03-09 22:04:53

CuteChicken
Anonymous user

Communist_champion wrote:

This is actually just a normal conversational skill called accomodation theory. You will basically converge with someone (adapting to their linguistic features/nuances/etc.) to reduce social differences between you and ease the flow of a conversation. If I'm in London/with younger people I go a lot more into MLE because that identifies me as part of their group and reduces conversational barriers between us. It's not something I particularly think about but it's a conscious thing (if that even makes sense)

Funny thing is I've lived in the south usa for my whole life, and my accent is stuck somewhere between British & Irish

Communist_champion wrote:

Among others, this is actually such a big thing for me. I can never look into people's eyes bc it just makes me uncomfortable most of the time and I don't even need to look at them to speak to them yk? I once had a science teacher who was a total **** about it and pulled me out after class to tell me if I didn't look at his eyes when he was speaking to us I would fail the subject lol

I always thought it was something people did to creep each other out instead of something socially required when I was younger.

Wooted by:

#56 2018-03-10 00:16:39

KillerKiller
Anonymous user

i feel uncomfortable when i look into peoples eyes as well, and if its a female or male i look away from them or only look at their eyes for a certain seconds and look away from them, i also don't want to look at their private parts but its hard when i do look at them, so i look away most of the time i talk

#57 2018-03-10 01:47:13

Handsome_heretic
Anonymous user

I too am extremely uncomfortable looking into eyes.

#58 2018-03-10 08:18:00

funnyFireman86
Anonymous user

CuteChicken wrote:

I always thought it was something people did to creep each other out instead of something socially required when I was younger.

^^ this. also didn't realize it was actually required until just now

i distinctly remember the first time i made eye contact with someone and was like "oh wait this is eye contact and i just made it"

and honestly i can't even look authority figures in the face

i just feel completely oblivious to everything tbh

Wooted by:

#59 2018-03-10 10:58:57

gimped sandwich
Anonymous user

very i think

#60 2018-03-12 02:12:18

PeacefulPagan83
Anonymous user

<image - i8AQfVx.png>

6 out of 50, and I consider myself a bit of an introvert
~Rdash

#61 2018-03-12 07:41:24

Jazzed fatty
Anonymous user

i got 26/50 by ticking "disagree."
such a pro //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool.

#62 2018-03-12 16:18:06

RoastedRapper29
Anonymous user

I guess this is a good time to notify you all of the fact that, even though you seem anonymous, forum mods can see who you are. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

That is all.

#63 2018-03-12 16:38:48

Noodle5
Anonymous user

RoastedRapper29 wrote:

I guess this is a good time to notify you all of the fact that, even though you seem anonymous, forum mods can see who you are. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

That is all.

Different comfurmed.

I'm 100% autistic.

-RailMat. RaM

#64 2018-03-12 17:46:10

Jolly_judge
Anonymous user

Noodle5 wrote:
RoastedRapper29 wrote:

That is all.

Different comfurmed.

I'm 100% autistic.

-RailMat. RaM

sounds like BUZZ

#65 2018-03-12 21:01:09

Noodle5
Anonymous user

Jolly_judge wrote:
Noodle5 wrote:
RoastedRapper29 wrote:

That is all.

Different comfurmed.

I'm 100% autistic.

-RailMat. RaM

sounds like BUZZ

okay. If you say.

-RaM

Board footer