Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-27 00:30:37

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

The Everybody Edits Long-Term Plan & Staff Team!

Hi everyone!

My name is Chris Lamb, and I'm the new owner of Everybody Edits! I guess it was simply destined to return to someone named Chris.

As many of you may know, I'm a veteran player of EE, having played and built in it since 2010. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile I'm very passionate about the game, and have lots of ideas and plans for it going forward, so let's launch into some of them, starting with the elephant in the room:

~ The Reboot ~

As I know most people would probably have just ignored most of this post to get to this part anyway, I figured I'd start with it! Our highly capable staff are looking into various options for how a rebooted version of the game might work. Joshua Stone (ByteArray) had this to say on the subject in his most recent Game Dev Log:

There have been a lot of discussions as far as the future of Everybody Edits within the team, and there's a lot of stuff that I can't really talk about just yet because, well, it's not really decided - We're just experimenting with different things. [...] So I'm exploring what different options are there for an HTML5 version of the game, 'cos it's obvious there has to be an HTML5 version of the game in some form or another, whether it's using Unity, exporting WebGl (which is HTML5), or coding something directly...

So there are a lot of exciting developments going on over plans for a full reboot of the game. We currently predict this will be ready for Beta Launch early into 2019, if not sooner! We don't know at this stage what platform it will end up on, but we are exploring the most suitable and optimized options for widespread accessibility and performance, so everyone can enjoy the new version of the game! Who knows? Maybe we'll even be able to produce an app... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

~ 2018 ~

In the meantime, I'm sure you'd all like to know what's to come for the current version of the game. We have plans of new content throughout the year, including a potential Lobby Overhaul, some massive changes to the Campaign System, and some cool new stuff for builders, some of which I'm pretty sure will pleasantly surprise you! Naturally, we'll throw in the occasional new smiley for good measure. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

~ The Staff Team ~

We have a wonderful collection of people working on the game right now, split up into their teams:

Team Leaders:
  • Xenonetix - That's me! Also known as Mega Lamb to many, I'll be generally running the game, including managing all the teams, and handling the overall day-to-day boring stuff when it comes being the Owner of Everybody Edits!.

• ByteArray - Pushing forward with skill and elegance towards an epic reboot, ByteArray will be leading our Development Team!

• Kentiya - I'm sure many of you are aware of Kentiya's exceptional graphical talents, so he'll be leading our Graphics Team!

• Phinarose - Having been a fantastic moderator for the game for almost a year now, I trust Phinarose to do an amazing job leading our Moderation Team!

• Kirby - As a fellow EE veteran, Kirby has been an invaluable contributor to the team, as is now leading our Campaign Team!

Team Members:
  • Gosha - A programmer to be reckoned with, Gosha has proven himself to be an excellent developer for all things related to Everybody Edits!

• Showpath - Excelling at programming from multiple disciplines, Showpath is fantastic at pinpointing those tricky programming issues which need addressing.

• LRussell - As the longest-running moderator, LRussell not only moderates the game, but also programs and maintains the software our moderators use, making life much easier for all of us!

• Zoey2070 - The most community-focused of our team, Zoey2070 has proven herself to be a brilliant moderator, and is always excited to share her ideas and ambitions with the team!

• Master1 - A highly-respected member of the community, Master1 tries to find what the people really want to make sure enjoyment is elevated for everyone!

• Ravatroll - A great influential figure in the community, Ravatroll has been an excellent level designer over the years, and we wanted to bring his talent to the team!

~ Support For The Future ~

We hugely appreciate any support you can give the game by purchasing gems. The funds will be put to good use to produce an epic reboot, and help us to advertise the game! We're also considering launching a merchandise line, starting with Everybody Edits T-shirts! We don't know exactly when this will happen yet, but we hope you look forward to this adventure into new beginnings as much as we do!

Hope to see you in-game soon!

~ Xenonetix & The Everybody Edits Team~

Xenonetix_2.png

#2 2018-02-27 00:31:50

Abelysk

Re: The Everybody Edits Long-Term Plan & Staff Team!

Interesting news! Thanks.

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2018-02-27 00:37:12

Pingohits
Banned

chris lambchop chrsis the sheep baa baa

791mAP8.png

#4 2018-02-27 01:32:42

MartenM
Website

Finally, the post for where we have been waiting for.
Does this mean that the transfer has finally been completed?

Really hope for a bright future for this game because currently it's so sad to see the player count hardly getting above a steady 80 players.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#5 2018-02-27 02:09:14, last edited by Xfrogman43 (2018-02-27 02:09:58)

Xfrogman43

?????????? emalton?

well i open threads in tabs and this one was first so my b

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#6 2018-02-27 02:17:07

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

not really having any faith in this staff team after emalton dropped it like it was a joke all along, but hey, who am i to discourage you people
the same "future plan" thread gets reposted over and over by every person that takes charge of things, and people seem to be falling for it every single time. amusing

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#7 2018-02-27 02:24:03

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

TaskManager wrote:

not really having any faith in this staff team after emalton dropped it like it was a joke all along, but hey, who am i to discourage you people
the same "future plan" thread gets reposted over and over by every person that takes charge of things, and people seem to be falling for it every single time. amusing

I look forward to proving you wrong //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Xenonetix_2.png

#8 2018-02-27 02:24:58

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Zoey2070... is always excited to...

fake news, i have never been excited by anything in my life......,,,,,,,

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#9 2018-02-27 02:27:35

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Xenonetix wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

I look forward to proving you wrong //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

you should
but honestly at this point i dont even feel like responding with something along the lines of "I hope you will" or "good luck"
just disappointed
maybe im just salty/butthurt over the **** that john pulled off, idk

i8SwC8p.png

#10 2018-02-27 05:18:03

Onjit
Website

Xenonetix wrote:

a merchandise line, starting with Everybody Edits T-shirts!

cool now people will be able to tell how much of a loser i am from a distance rather than having to get to know me first :^)

:.|:;

#11 2018-02-27 07:08:43, last edited by Doodle (2018-02-27 07:12:16)

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

Early 2019?! that long. I don't know how developers develop EE but that's like creating a new game time length.

~2018~ - "... including a potential Lobby Overhaul." yes, throw out the microwave.

Onjit wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:

cool now people will be able to tell how much of a loser i am from a distance rather than having to get to know me first :^)

Depending on how the t shirt looks i might buy one as a personal- relic to wear. What do you mean by loser in your context?

#12 2018-02-27 11:09:28

Luka504

Xenonetix wrote:

So there are a lot of exciting developments going on over plans for a full reboot of the game. We currently predict this will be ready for Beta Launch early into 2019, if not sooner! We don't know at this stage what platform it will end up on, but we are exploring the most suitable and optimized options for widespread accessibility and performance, so everyone can enjoy the new version of the game! Who knows? Maybe we'll even be able to produce an app... wink

This sounds awfully similar to a certain other promise.

Nou wrote:

• The game will be ported to Unity
• This will fix lag issues
• This also allows us to put the game on mobile phones/tablets
• It will probably end up on Steam as well.

Oh but I'm sure that's just a coincidence?
Right?

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#13 2018-02-27 12:13:36

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Onjit wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:

You might be a loser in real world but in the game world they are the losers //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

i8SwC8p.png

#14 2018-02-27 13:07:19, last edited by mutantdevle (2018-02-27 13:08:05)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Yeah, but do you actually own the game yet? Like, has the transfer taken place?

Because I was excited when Emalton took over. Something was better than nothing and at least he was transparent. But I kept asking him if the transfer was complete (possibly bugged him a little) and it was always a no. If you don't own the game, I don't feel like you'd be able to achieve anything significant. I'm under the impression that there wasn't too much progress during John's ownership because the transfer was not complete. If the transfer is still not complete, and the game is still legally owned by NVD, then I don't expect that lack of progress to change. Speaking of NVD, is he still helping with development, or was that just something he did under John?

So is the transfer complete? If yes, brilliant. That would give me full faith in the game. If not, why not? How come it is taking so long and what's the progress on it? And are you actually able to do anything significant before you own the game? I'm not too aware of the exact legal proceedings but I don't exactly see why it's taking so long unless someone is either putting it off or no agreement over it can be made.

I'm hoping that this:

Xenonetix wrote:

I'm the new owner of Everybody Edits!

is as literal as possible.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#15 2018-02-27 14:57:05

Different55
Forum Admin

Doodle wrote:

Early 2019?! that long. I don't know how developers develop EE but that's like creating a new game time length.

I mean

that's sort of exactly what they're doing here.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#16 2018-02-27 15:06:24

Jorc

Xenonetix wrote:

We're also considering launching a merchandise line, starting with Everybody Edits T-shirts! We don't know exactly when this will happen yet, but we hope you look forward to this adventure into new beginnings as much as we do!

~ Xenonetix & The Everybody Edits Team~

YqDWWcF.png

make it happen

#17 2018-02-27 15:40:19

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

RL7tZUL.png
i want this
and sunglasses with eyeball smileys on them

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by:

#18 2018-02-27 16:52:04

peace

hey meglgalamb i hope that if you do a reboot that i won tlose all my things (just look me up on yonom) i have loads of things and am also a veteran player!

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#19 2018-02-27 17:39:02, last edited by Offensive Ray (2018-02-27 17:39:31)

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

hopefully if these stuff happen i'll come back to the game since i only join on updates :v

i know that many players are disappointed but i guess if megalamb said something he can do it..
since he promised many stuff so far and let's say about 50% of them were done.

anyways, good luck.

#20 2018-02-27 18:02:59

kreacher

Everything sounds cool and amazing nice to see a plan all laid out for the future but just one thing

Xenonetix wrote:

[*]Zoey2070 - The most community-focused of our team, Zoey2070 has proven herself to be a brilliant moderator, and is always excited to share her ideas and ambitions with the team![/*]

Zoey2070 wrote:

ee is gay

Not exactly the best choice for mod

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

#21 2018-02-27 18:09:29

capasha

kreacher wrote:

Everything sounds cool and amazing nice to see a plan all laid out for the future but just one thing

Xenonetix wrote:

[*]Zoey2070 - The most community-focused of our team, Zoey2070 has proven herself to be a brilliant moderator, and is always excited to share her ideas and ambitions with the team![/*]

Zoey2070 wrote:

ee is gay

" Zoey2070 has proven herself to be a brilliant moderator"
This must have changed. I know the past and this isn't true.

Wooted by:

#22 2018-02-27 19:33:57

Kira

capasha wrote:
kreacher wrote:

Xenonetix wrote:

Zoey2070 wrote:

ee is gay

" Zoey2070 has proven herself to be a brilliant moderator"
This must have changed. I know the past and this isn't true.

It's no news Zoey is total crap at moderating
She has proven to be a toxic member of the community quite a few times with her whining

Watch Zoey answering this message while being triggered because she knows It's true, but as a new moderator of Everybody Edits she has to act and answer me in a respectful manner lol

Wooted by:

#23 2018-02-27 19:51:08

LukeM
Website

Kira wrote:

She has proven to be a toxic member of the community quite a few times with her whining

um... not sure you can criticise people for being toxic...

#24 2018-02-27 20:37:52

densch
Brand New Member

Hey,
I just registered here for the sole purpose of giving you feedback on that upgrade there.

Thanks to your amazing "upgrade" there
I can't log into EE on kongregate anymore
yet I also can't login on the website either with any of my current or previous email adress.
They are "not registered" there.

So I'm essentially raped pretty hard and lost all the progress I made in the game.

Thanks to that **** little upgrade of yours  that noone wanted.

So thanks for nothing! >:-(

#25 2018-02-27 20:43:52

LukeM
Website

densch wrote:

Hey,
I just registered here for the sole purpose of giving you feedback on that upgrade there.

Thanks to your amazing "upgrade" there
I can't log into EE on kongregate anymore
yet I also can't login on the website either with any of my current or previous email adress.
They are "not registered" there.

So I'm essentially raped pretty hard and lost all the progress I made in the game.

Thanks to that **** little upgrade of yours  that noone wanted.

So thanks for nothing! >:-(

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=41934
https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=41924

I think I remember reading somewhere that its due to incorrect edit permissions on Armor Games, and probably the same for Kongregate, so it should be fixed soon (and you can probably transfer your account if you can't wait)

Xenonetix1526722394706830

Board footer