Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-14 17:32:44, last edited by Offensive Ray (2018-02-14 20:41:40)

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

Let's think logicly about this game. (EE Problems)

Updates, updates and updates..
Aren't we get used to normal updates?

I think adding more and more blocks and smileys don't simply work.. What if a player joined the game recently and saw the shop? They'd be shocked of that many items that are in the shop.
Campaigns might be a good thing to the game, but having many extreme and hard campaigns don't work either, so i think videogame campaign was a good choice to do since it was easy-medium, however i guess you still need to add more easy-medium, medium and medium-hard campaigns so players would get used more to the gameplay.
I've spoken to megalamb, he told me that they've already started working on HTML5, good thing to the game, however imagine this game was added to Steam Community after HTML5 is finished, what about the stuff i mentioned about the shop?
Players will still be confused of that big amount of items, they'd keep trying to check the game's history and they'll be lost in this massive puzzle..
If the game got a reset and old players lost their items it'd be a disaster for the old players, they'd be mad and it's their right to be for wasting their time, would you simply give up your old players to let new ones play the game instead?
Another problem comes, Flash will be dead in 2020, if the HTML5 update wasn't done before 2020 EE would totally die..
Everytime I try to think of a solution I find a problem that stands in front of that solution.
Well I tried to think of a solution, I thought about: How about removing the least used blocks and smileys in the game, the campaigns that players don't find fun too?
Just to make these many many items less, making this less confusing.
I guess if you want to reset players' progress too you should award them for their time they wasted in the game buying shop stuff, giving them gems and an "Old player" badge (for the players who used to play before the HTML5 update) in case HTML5 happened.

I still wonder what will happen to the game in the future..
Hopefully you'd be able to answer all of these questions and wonders, solve all of these problems staff.. If so, good luck at that.

Thanks for reading.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2018-02-14 17:41:38

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: Let's think logicly about this game. (EE Problems)

Tldr:
We has reached it's limits and the only way to make it better is to stir away from it's core

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2018-02-14 17:46:16

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

mrjawapa wrote:

Tldr:
We has reached it's limits and the only way to make it better is to stir away from it's core

I'm just curious about what's going to happen next, the staff's plan in the upcoming time..
They've got many problems to solve, was just trying to think of solutions a lot lately

#4 2018-02-14 18:01:24

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

mrjawapa wrote:

Tldr:

the game exhausted itself completely, it is impossible to "steer away from the core" enough to make this game at least moderately popular again
the sad truth is that even if ee wont die tomorrow or in a week, its doomed to forever stagnate at this playercount with a tiny playerbase

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#5 2018-02-14 18:09:17

Kikikan

mrjawapa wrote:

Tldr:

Exactly. EE needs a theme to specialize in. It already has a genre: sandbox, but it doesn't have a theme. Simply removing the items from the shop, or reseting the accounts will not work.

#6 2018-02-14 18:32:17

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

After thinking logically, OP decides that removing items will....... attract more players? Increase player retention rates? Cause current players to spend more time on EE?

But EE should also give old players gems, so they can buy items.....

He's onto something.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#7 2018-02-14 19:14:03, last edited by LukeM (2018-02-14 20:29:29)

LukeM
Website

I agree that the shop is currently confusing, but I dont think removing things is the solution as it could probably be improved a lot with better organisation and possibly a better UI, maybe split the blocks menu (the biggest currently) into action blocks and aesthetic blocks so you can more easily decide what you want to buy

And I really dont think removing campaigns is a good idea, there isnt that many, and they are very well organised so theres no problem with the number we have currently, so theres only advantages of having them (as far as I can see)

And a couple of corrections:

Oray wrote:

having many extreme and hard campaigns

Theres currently 8 basic - medium campaigns, and only 5 hard - extreme campaigns, so I wouldn't say its unbalanced (edit: although you might have been talking about making sure it stays this way, not that its already a problem)

Oray wrote:

Another problem comes, PlayerIO will be dead in 2020, if the HTML5 update wasn't done before 2020 EE would totally die..

First its Flash not PlayerIO, the nee HTML5 EE would probably still use PlayerIO
Secondly it wont die straight away, it just wont be getting updated any more, so it will probably be at least a few more years until it wont work at all

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2018-02-14 20:23:41

peace

Oray wrote:

PlayerIO will be dead in 2020, if the HTML5 update wasn't done before 2020 EE would totally die..
Everytime I try to think of a solution I find a problem that stands in front of that solution.
Well I tried to think of a solution, I thought about: How about removing the least used blocks and smileys in the game, the campaigns that players don't find fun too?

how do u know player.io dies in 2020? and removing the least ised blocks breaks the games and some worlds and there are popele who still like them

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#9 2018-02-14 20:33:10

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:

how do u know player.io dies in 2020? and removing the least ised blocks breaks the games and some worlds and there are popele who still like them

They mean flash not playerIO (or I guess flash PlayerIO), and we know flash is being discontinued in 2020 because they said so
I think the removing blocks idea was for if there is a complete restart, so worlds being broken wouldnt be a problem because there wouldnt be any worlds to break

Wooted by:

#10 2018-02-14 20:41:20

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

LukeM wrote:
peace wrote:

They mean flash not playerIO (or I guess flash PlayerIO), and we know flash is being discontinued in 2020 because they said so
I think the removing blocks idea was for if there is a complete restart, so worlds being broken wouldnt be a problem because there wouldnt be any worlds to break

Thanks for correcting me.

#11 2018-02-14 22:31:22

soniiiety

oki already did a thread about this i can give link if you want?.

#12 2018-02-18 23:47:01

Guest.

Kikikan wrote:

Simply removing the items from the shop, or reseting the accounts will not work.

you'd be surprised //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#13 2018-02-18 23:53:08

Kira

This topic is so bad he got banned for it LOL

burn this game

#14 2018-02-19 00:14:15

Joeyc

Kira wrote:

burn this game

Can you stop making these useless **** posts?

Wooted by: (3)

#15 2018-02-25 15:24:27

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

Kira wrote:

burn this game

I didn't get banned for this topic, got banned because I told you to stop.
I guess you'll never grow up.

#16 2018-02-26 05:32:57

Bobyy

LukeM wrote:
peace wrote:

Here's my per say, the game does need new fresh ideas. Or it needs to move platforms, like from Flash to HTML5 or some other engine.  I would say change it to another with the current stuff and try importing block colors and stuff into the new engine and try transferring account info from one game engine to another. If that's not possible then have people make fresh accounts and actually verify what items they have (have people take screenshots of the items before the game is transferred over).  I'm not sure on what to do for the worlds, to be honest it would be nice to have them transferred over but I don't know if it will be possible. Just my say from an old EE player, who doesn't play as much anymore but still pops in every once in awhile.

SHwZksb.png  Thanks Bobithan for the sig, love it <3  5d16ccdd4a.png e62a2a5b45.png "You will never know how valuable a thing or a person is...until its not with you anymore, then you`ll regret..."

Bobyy1519619577696856

Board footer