Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-13 17:02:32, last edited by Davidllx5 (2018-02-14 15:53:48)

Davidllx5

Suggestion dump

This "suggestion dump" contains ideas that I had, thought i'd post them into one big boi

1. All effects should have changeable duration
E.g you should be able to change the duration of speed, low gravity, hp, levitation, teams.

2. Changeable duration of keys and key doors and gates

3. Slopes

4. More deadly obstacles
Spike wall, acid(which instakills). Also red spikes. They can be controlled by a switch, and there are 2 variants, like the gate & doors.

5. Effect doors and gates
These open or closed based on the effect you have. They come with the bought effect, (e.g you buy levitation and you get levitation gate and door)

6. Sticky Blocks
You will stick on these blocks from all sides. To detach you have to jump, and you will be pushed in the direction the side you're on. (e.g you are stuck to left side, you get pushed to left). You can still move on sticky blocks.

7. Effect Emitters
These emitters will make a certain area give you the effect, and when you leave said area you lose the effect. The radius can be customized, and max is 15 blocks.

8. Half backgrounds
Basically half blocks but background variant.

9. More shapes for climbable blocks(vines, ladders, ropes)
L-shape, T-shape, cross.

10. Doors
Doors can be linked like portals, but you need to press Y to go through doors. (or E, or whatever button, you have to press a button to go through the door)

11. Pushable block

That's it for now, might edit later with more ideas. Leave feedback, constructive criticism and opinions, along with shredders, which will destroy pushable block if it touches it.

12. Half block variants for liquids and for ice block.

13. Green coins
Unlike Golden and Blue coins, green coins are lost upon dying, and they are resetted to their original place.

I'll whine you to death.

Wooted by: (5)

#2 2018-02-13 17:40:11

IanJanes

Re: Suggestion dump

Davidllx5 wrote:

8. Half backgrounds
Basically half blocks but background variant.

This suggestion seems useless, as behind that would be the default/ world color. I could't definitively tell you why this is bad, but there seems to be no real good point for it. (If you do have ideas, tell me!)

Davidllx5 wrote:

10. Doors
Doors can be linked like portals, but you need to press Y to go through doors. (or E, or whatever button, you have to press a button to go through the door)

You can use Orange/ purple gates for this, hence no reason no reason for doors.

Davidllx5 wrote:

11. Pushable block

Would there be types of them, local, global? This one seems to not have enough context to make sense, please entail.

-With thanks, Ian

<Download this image and make it your avatar, repent from unique avatars!
3640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=1548349758

Wooted by:

PTU

#3 2018-02-13 19:43:05

Davidllx5

Ian, the half-bg can be placed overlapping any type of background, expect you don't collide with it. It adds to decoration.

Pushable blocks  can be both types.

I'll whine you to death.

#4 2018-02-13 23:55:33

Latif

1. Yeah

2. I always wanted that, same for time doors.

3. Slopes don't really fit in EE. The former staff planned to implement it, but they scrapped it and replaced it with half blocks.

4. A spike block hazard so I won't see flying spikes again. Acid should kill you in 3 seconds (like lava), but you can swim in it like water.

5. The effect doors totally make no sense. Effects aren't supposed to open doors, they're supposed to give you a special power so you would be able to pass a part in a level that wouldn't be possible without the power. Why would you need doors for that? For example, if you have a protection effect, use spikes as doors. If you have levitation, make a very high passage you can't reach without levitation.

6. So the only thing you can do on it is pressing space

7. What about just using effects?

8. I don't know why this would be useful.

9. I never really needed that

10. What Ian said

11. Local pushable blocks would be weird because if someone pushes it and stands on top of it, everyone who didn't push it will see a flying smiley.

Actually, I think it would be pretty cool to have a block with physics. The pushable block will have an initial position (the position where you placed it, you can only see an icon in god mode). If you want to move the block back to its initial position, you have to place the pushable block again. The pushable block can fall, it can be affected by gravity arrows or boosts, it can float on liquids, it can stand on closed doors but it will go through opened doors (switches too) and it can go through hazards so when there's a pushable block inside an hazard you won't be able to die. Maybe it's nice too when a block falls on you, you die. People who like to make boss to codes can make rain without a bot! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile (sadly they would have to remove the block when it's on the ground)

Wooted by:

#5 2018-02-14 11:09:12, last edited by peace (2018-02-14 11:11:03)

peace

Davidllx5 wrote:

This "suggestion dump" contains ideas that I had, thought i'd post them into one big boi

E.g you should be able to change the duration of speed, low gravity, hp, levitation, teams.    yes change how much speed you get ect is nice maby also that you get the effect for a set amoutn of time

2. Changeable duration of keys and key doors and gates  also for timed doors //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

3. Slopes      hmm not sur ehow this will wokr an dthis can be very bugged i like the idea but meh :/ mixed feelings

4. More deadly obstacles
Spike wall, acid(which instakills). Also red spikes. They can be controlled by a switch, and there are 2 variants, like the gate & doors.    spieke wall si a it possible now you can rotata spikes acid is nice idea but shouldnt insta kill just 1 or 2 secs s oyou can still run to water if u want red spikes is nnice bloon on spikes spikes controled by a swicthc is also nice what abotu a piked ball like in mario games orso (would be nice if it swings around //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile)

These open or closed based on the effect you have. They come with the bought effect, (e.g you buy levitation and you get levitation gate and door) not bad idea tbh it saves some sapce and wasted teams/switches used to open doors nowadays so im in

6. Sticky Blocks
You will stick on these blocks from all sides. To detach you have to jump, and you will be pushed in the direction the side you're on. (e.g you are stuck to left side, you get pushed to left). lets add slime rotable in 4 directions place on top of sideways of a block to stick to it if u place it in mid air it will greatly slow you down if u come on contact with it

7. Effect Emitters
These emitters will make a certain area give you the effect, and when you leave said area you lose the effect. The radius can be customized, and max is 15 blocks.        no max radius please //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile also it should be obvious if its for a centrain area and for what area

8. Half backgrounds
Basically half blocks but background variant.     meh why half background you only color half of the background....   oh do u mean palce on top of others? then it actualy cna be nice

9. More shapes for climbable blocks(vines, ladders, ropes)           meh :/
L-shape, T-shape, cross.

10. Doors
Doors can be linked like portals, but you need to press Y to go through doors. (or E, or whatever button, you have to press a button to go through the door)   yes please it will make thigns realistic in a house also it would be ncie if it could lock the door wiht a key and u can then if u have the said key unlock the door by pressing H then press Y to open the door or H to lock it again adding a doorbell will be also nice with the sound hearing in a specific area only

11. Pushable block          yeah crates that cna be pushed and edited hwo it will be pusshed like 1 push= moves until touches a block or moves 1 by 1?

That's it for now, might edit later with more ideas. Leave feedback, constructive criticism and opinions.

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#6 2018-02-14 11:48:03

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

peace wrote:
Davidllx5 wrote:

E.g you should be able to change the duration of speed, low gravity, hp, levitation, teams.    yes change how much speed you get ect is nice maby also that you get the effect for a set amoutn of time

2. Changeable duration of keys and key doors and gates  also for timed doors //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

3. Slopes      hmm not sur ehow this will wokr an dthis can be very bugged i like the idea but meh :/ mixed feelings

4. More deadly obstacles
Spike wall, acid(which instakills). Also red spikes. They can be controlled by a switch, and there are 2 variants, like the gate & doors.    spieke wall si a it possible now you can rotata spikes acid is nice idea but shouldnt insta kill just 1 or 2 secs s oyou can still run to water if u want red spikes is nnice bloon on spikes spikes controled by a swicthc is also nice what abotu a piked ball like in mario games orso (would be nice if it swings around //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile)

These open or closed based on the effect you have. They come with the bought effect, (e.g you buy levitation and you get levitation gate and door) not bad idea tbh it saves some sapce and wasted teams/switches used to open doors nowadays so im in

6. Sticky Blocks
You will stick on these blocks from all sides. To detach you have to jump, and you will be pushed in the direction the side you're on. (e.g you are stuck to left side, you get pushed to left). lets add slime rotable in 4 directions place on top of sideways of a block to stick to it if u place it in mid air it will greatly slow you down if u come on contact with it

7. Effect Emitters
These emitters will make a certain area give you the effect, and when you leave said area you lose the effect. The radius can be customized, and max is 15 blocks.        no max radius please //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile also it should be obvious if its for a centrain area and for what area

8. Half backgrounds
Basically half blocks but background variant.     meh why half background you only color half of the background....   oh do u mean palce on top of others? then it actualy cna be nice

L-shape, T-shape, cross.

10. Doors
Doors can be linked like portals, but you need to press Y to go through doors. (or E, or whatever button, you have to press a button to go through the door)   yes please it will make thigns realistic in a house also it would be ncie if it could lock the door wiht a key and u can then if u have the said key unlock the door by pressing H then press Y to open the door or H to lock it again adding a doorbell will be also nice with the sound hearing in a specific area only

11. Pushable block          yeah crates that cna be pushed and edited hwo it will be pusshed like 1 push= moves until touches a block or moves 1 by 1?

That's it for now, might edit later with more ideas. Leave feedback, constructive criticism and opinions.

bruh this isnt a mafia topic what are you doing wiht them colors omg

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2018-02-14 14:18:11

peace

TaskManager wrote:
peace wrote:
Davidllx5 wrote:

4. More deadly obstacles

6. Sticky Blocks

7. Effect Emitters

8. Half backgrounds

L-shape, T-shape, cross.

10. Doors

bruh this isnt a mafia topic what are you doing wiht them colors omg

colors tells fi i like the idea

peace.png

#8 2018-02-14 15:44:14

Davidllx5

A few suggestions are there to save space, e.g the effect emitter. You can make a border out of effect givers and takers, but that wastes 2 blocks, and you can't place any other blocks there, decoration, etc. The effect emitter will generate an colored outline, and when you get in the radius you get said effect. As I said, some suggestions are there to save space.

I'll whine you to death.

#9 2018-02-14 20:29:41

peace

Davidllx5 wrote:

A few suggestions are there to save space, e.g the effect emitter. You can make a border out of effect givers and takers, but that wastes 2 blocks, and you can't place any other blocks there, decoration, etc. The effect emitter will generate an colored outline, and when you get in the radius you get said effect. As I said, some suggestions are there to save space.

woudl be hard to see if u use backgrounds/windows (deco)

peace.png

#10 2018-02-14 20:37:00

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:

woudl be hard to see if u use backgrounds/windows (deco)

Could easily be solved by making it animated or something (the human eye is incredibly good at perceiving changes)

LukeM1518637020695803

Board footer