Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-12 22:37:26, last edited by Emma333 (2018-01-12 23:00:23)

Emma333

Kate Raworths Doughnut theory

What do you think of Kate Raworths doughnut theory?
It's an economic theory, she basically says we shouldnt be striving for a growing economy, but for a stable economy that's durable so we don't ruin the earth. A lot of companies are creating a lot of waste to make their profits grow, and governments are supporting them because they want the economy to grow. She say's the economy of a country should grow until a certain point, and then stop growing. I think what she's saying makes a lot of sense, and I also find it very interesting.
You can find more information about the doughnut theory on this website. Also if you know any other interesting new theories I'd really want to know.
https://www.kateraworth.com/doughnut/

Pm me with anything math related please

#2 2018-01-12 22:45:11

Muftwin

Re: Kate Raworths Doughnut theory

This is a sad attempt to make everything Donald Trump does look bad.

hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

Wooted by:

#3 2018-01-12 22:56:59

Emma333

Excuse me but not everything is about America, I'm just very interested in economics and I never mentioned Trump anywhere nor do I want to talk about him. I do not understand what about my topic makes you think about Trump.
Kate Raworth designed a WHOLE NEW economic theory, she started with this before Trump was even a president. This is a whole new insight in economics, and you're thinking I'm talking about Trump. I am offended.

#4 2018-01-12 23:16:49

LukeM
Website

^ Plus you dont need economic theories for everything Donald Trump does to look bad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#5 2018-01-13 01:33:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I see no reason why the economy or technology in any first world country needs to grow (except maybe in medicine). It’s society that needs improvement, not the economy.

Also, resource based economy when?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#6 2018-01-13 02:09:27

IanJanes

Through out history a growing economy is shown to be persistent with depression- esc situations. (The great, and 2006 I think)
The search for a flourished economy is reckless, and is also hitting home with me. Buying AAA games has typically been $60 Usd, but I have noticed over time some developers are going on to 70-80. And introducing micro transactions into their game, at any cost
^This is a side effect caused by two things, "growth" of the economy and the greed of corporate organizations. A game used to be a all inclusive thing for entertainment, nowadays it is a cash grab and chore.
All in all, I disagree with the growth of the economy. It is easily avoidable if corporate would care to lower their prices. (this and wages would soon make the penny useful, I hope)

Also, Don't let this turn into a political discussion. D.T has been doing as much as he could to help his country, but not everyone is perfect... So mind when you say he is the cause of your issue, you are contributing to a poor outlook when you do.

-Ian

<Download this image and make it your avatar, repent from unique avatars!
3640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=1548349758

#7 2018-01-13 03:46:38

Pingohits
Banned

it spell donut not doughnut you don't see people saying "doughn't" or "doughnald"

791mAP8.png

#8 2018-01-13 11:16:21

LukeM
Website

Pingohits wrote:

it spell donut not doughnut you don't see people saying "doughn't" or "doughnald"

But you also don't see people spelling dough "do"

Wooted by:

PTU

#9 2018-01-13 15:23:05

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

LukeM wrote:
Pingohits wrote:

But you also don't see people spelling dough "do"

What I doughnut understand what dough you mean

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#10 2018-01-13 19:45:38

Muftwin

Emma333 wrote:

Excuse me but not everything is about America

Wait so what country are we talking about then? Surely if it doesnt apply to any civilization that has ever existed in history it must be a pointless stupid idea right? So which one is it? What benchmark do we use to decide when this becomes a good idea? Also idk u but i expect a deflection or a vague answer pls make sure u dont do that.

hNtlhM5.png

Wooted by:

#11 2018-01-13 21:31:37

Emma333

Devlin wrote:

I see no reason why the economy or technology in any first world country needs to grow (except maybe in medicine). It’s society that needs improvement, not the economy.

Yes that is correct, all first world countries have passed the point where a growing economy leads to more bad than good. It has come to the point where we're exploiting poor countries so that our economy can grow further. The point where country's should stop with growing their economy is hard to decide, but when it's so obvious like in first world countries that there are more bad that good things that come out of the growing economy it should be acceptable to not want a further growing economy.

Muftwin wrote:

Surely if it doesnt apply to any civilization that has ever existed in history it must be a pointless stupid idea right?

The theory does apply to every country in the world. Yes, that also means the USA, no, that doesn't mean it's only about the USA. Economy and politics are not the same, and although there is overlap, it does not mean I am sending a hidden message about Trump while talking about economics. I am also only replying because you are making false assumptions about me. I wish to stop this discussion because it's pointless and because it is not the kind of discussion this topic was ment for.

#12 2018-01-13 21:56:57

Muftwin

The theory does apply to every country in the world.

Oh so now even third world countries should slow it down? Clearly you dont mean this.

Yes, that also means the USA, no, that doesn't mean it's only about the USA.

I never said it did. Maybe i only want to talk about the usa? If your theory applies to the USA i should be able to make a point about the USA without you telling me this isnt about the USA.

I wish to stop this discussion ... because it is not the kind of discussion this topic was ment for.

"Your point doesnt fall for the trap I set, so just shut up"

hNtlhM5.png

#13 2018-01-13 22:05:35

Emma333

Muftwin wrote:

Oh so now even third world countries should slow it down? Clearly you dont mean this.

The theory isn't that no economy should ever grow, it's that economies should grow until a certain point.

Muftwin wrote:

I never said it did. Maybe i only want to talk about the usa? If your theory applies to the USA i should be able to make a point about the USA without you telling me this isnt about the USA.

You were assuming I was talkin about the USA by saying I'm making this topic about trump.

Muftwin wrote:

This is a sad attempt to make everything Donald Trump does look bad.

That's why I made the point that this topic is about every country and not only the USA.

Wooted by:
Emma3331515877535692206

Board footer