Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-12 08:02:52, last edited by Xenonetix (2018-01-12 08:26:44)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

[Official] Fanboy Discussion

Hi all!

So, we'd like to find out what the community thinks about the Fanboy smileys, including:

• Do you think there should be a Fanboy III?

• Should it be possible to gain Fanboys I & II again?

• How do you think it should be gained?

Basically, we'd like to know from people who have the Fanboy smileys, as well as people who don't, whether they want the Fanboys to stay an exclusive item that can never be gained again, or if there's a way to allow newer players to prove they're fans and be rewarded as such.

What do you think?

Xenonetix-2.png

#2 2018-01-12 08:39:06, last edited by Zoey2070 (2018-01-12 09:32:48)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Re: [Official] Fanboy Discussion

I don't have a strong opinion on whether or not we do another fanboy thing, but here's my idea about how to gain it:

Basically, when I was back in middle school I had this book project where there were various random tasks that had a set amount of points. To satisfy the requirements of the project you had to have like... 50 or so points, so you could pick and choose what tasks you want to do. Small things like compare and contrast and large things like write a song or do a diorama.

So I want to apply this to EE: small, ee-based tasks (whether in the real-world or not; the actual tasks can be determined later [edit: not stuff like, playing levels]) that have a set amount of points. If you get to, say, 50 points, you get the smiley. Perhaps if you gained 100 points, you'd get one of the other fanboy smileys, and so forth. That way you can be creative but there's a sort of "quality threshold" so we don't get three quickly drawn smileys for fanboy or something.

tl;dr: list of tasks, point-based

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#3 2018-01-12 08:48:47, last edited by azurepudding (2018-01-12 08:50:07)

azurepudding

Wouldn't tasks sorta just be another campaign? like I dunno what else the tasks could be as this is a sandbox game.  Unless it's awarded for playing the game for a year or w/e.  Maybe X amount of days actually played? so you have to be active to get it.  like the first one could be at 100 days, and the second could be 200.

also I still think they need a name change cuz obvious reasons.  I first thought it was called ultimate fan smiley tho.

Azure2.png

#4 2018-01-12 09:32:21, last edited by Zoey2070 (2018-01-12 09:33:09)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

azurepudding wrote:

Wouldn't tasks sorta just be another campaign

noooo! i meant something like... write an ee haiku for 5 points. the point is that ya gotta create something. show ppl ya like ee

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2018-01-12 09:43:45

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

fanboys 1 and 2 should not be able to be acquired again (this comes from a person that doesn't have either of them)
idk about fanboy 3 but the more there are the more it looks like a CoD/assassin's Creed-esque conveyor

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#6 2018-01-12 12:43:55

Weirdoverse
Website

Fanboy III to veterans (technically a smiley for everyone)

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#7 2018-01-12 13:02:59, last edited by Nebula (2018-01-12 13:03:13)

Nebula

Fanboy III can be easily taked for the people who have Fanboy I.

Mega Lamb wrote:

Should it be possible to gain Fanboys I & II again?

Well, we had 2 ongoing events by Fanboy II smiley, ones for party card, and 2nd for fan art.

#8 2018-01-12 13:44:48

Emma333

I only have fanboy 2 but yeah it should be pos to get both again. Real fanboys arent only veterans. They should be hard to get tho imo, but not by playing hard lvls. I liked zoeys idea.
Also consider makig a fangirl smiley

Pm me with anything math related please

#9 2018-01-12 13:47:36

Emily

Should it be possible to gain Fanboys I & II again? I'm indifferent on giving out fanboy II just do keep in mind it was given out not too long ago. Artist, Grinch, and Fanboy II haven been given out again so may as well finish it off with Fanboy I.
How do you think it should be gained? Zoey2070s idea. And also make it so you have to send in another photo of your art by email.
Do you think there should be a Fanboy III? Yes but why are all the fan smileys boys? Possibly give the player a choice?

@KIRBY can you update my IWBTG time

Wooted by:

#10 2018-01-12 13:49:58, last edited by Guest. (2018-01-12 13:50:41)

Guest.

The concept of a 2nd Fanboy smiley was one of Shoe's weirder contributions. I don't think there should be any more. Just give out 1 and 2.

As for how to acquire, I'm not sure. Maybe show an EE contribution like fanart or a level?

Wooted by: (3)

#11 2018-01-12 14:00:19

Blackmask

I have fanboy I, and i dont care about that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#12 2018-01-12 15:25:56

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

Firstly I'd like to know when, why and who decided to remove the ability to get Fanboy 1 & 2. As the name of the smiley suggests, the (ultimate) fan smiley is for the (ultimate) fans of the game.
I was fortunate enough to get the chance so I made and sent the postcard/letter with a stamp and everything to that address to get Ultimate fan and later made an artwork for fanboy 2.
So yeah, it's unfair to players to not be able to even get a chance when they are "fans" and care for this game enough to do these simple tasks. But no, they aren't allowed to because they joined to the game later in time? :/

Secondly, yes there should be a fanboy 3 to complete this nice trilogy //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile (and no more fanboy smileys after that)
For the Fanboy 3 I didn't think of any clever way to obtain it, I just thought about making it as an award for daily log in bonus at 100 days or 365 days or something.

Also I want to say it's nice of you to ask the community's opinion on this.

Wooted by:

#13 2018-01-12 16:44:03

Mait

I have a fanboy I and II but i think we should not give the people Fanboy I , just make a fanboy III instead
Also, make it so that we can actually send physicial mail aswell. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

Wooted by:

#14 2018-01-12 17:48:43

HeyNK

make a new fanboy

Wooted by:

PTU

#15 2018-01-12 18:30:06

peace

Mega Lamb wrote:

Hi all!

So, we'd like to find out what the community thinks about the Fanboy smileys, including:

• Do you think there should be a Fanboy III?

• Should it be possible to gain Fanboys I & II again?

• How do you think it should be gained?

Basically, we'd like to know from people who have the Fanboy smileys, as well as people who don't, whether they want the Fanboys to stay an exclusive item that can never be gained again, or if there's a way to allow newer players to prove they're fans and be rewarded as such.

What do you think?

ye i want both the fanboys please im a vetrean player and woudld th enew fanboy be the //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue in fanboy style?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#16 2018-01-12 18:49:20

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Do you think there should be a Fanboy III?
Only if Fanboy's 1 & 2 remain unobtainable.

Should it be possible to gain Fanboys I & II again?
Yes. The smileys should be for being a fan, not for sending random EE art during a specific period of time.

How do you think it should be gained?
There could be several ways to earn the smileys, perhaps 2 different ways for each smiley.
Eg. fanart in the form of art, writing, poetry, animation and any other mediums or just generally awarded to players who show dedication to, and pride themselves in, playing EE.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#17 2018-01-12 18:53:22

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Can you be more of a fanboy than by completing every campaign? It'd be an actual accolade then.

Although having only ever completed the tutorial campaign, I'm maybe not in a position to judge.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#18 2018-01-12 18:54:16

Saint-14
Formerly The Armamentarium

Weirdoverse wrote:

Fanboy III to veterans (technically a smiley for everyone)

How would you become a veteran?

#19 2018-01-12 18:54:17

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Tomahawk wrote:

Can you be more of a fanboy than by completing every campaign? It'd be an actual accolade then.

Although having only ever completed the tutorial campaign, I'm maybe not in a position to judge.

But then that would limit the smiley to skilled fans rather than just fans in general.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (3)

#20 2018-01-12 19:17:53, last edited by Joeyc (2018-01-12 19:27:25)

Joeyc

I do think you guys should add another fanboy.
No, it would ruin the rarity for the previous fanboy's and all the nubs would be wearing them. Myself does not have a fanboy, so I'm pretty much speaking for other's.
Fanboy III, 1000 daily streak and you get the smiley. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#21 2018-01-12 19:46:28

peace

fanboys should be obtainabale at some points cuz new players could becomes fans too there hsould be a way implenteed whwere oyu have to show that ur a fan to get one or both or better idea: allow fanboy ussers to put the galasses of fanboy on all smiley sby createing a new row of msmileys (like gold boarders) to be a fan you should have logged in the game for 300 days staraigt and give atleast 1 good suggestion/2 bugfixes

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#22 2018-01-12 19:49:10, last edited by PTU (2018-01-12 19:49:28)

PTU
Formerly Pipec

Joeyc wrote:

all

me

Joeyc wrote:

the

ok continue.

Joeyc wrote:

nubs

I'm nub? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Joeyc wrote:

wearing them

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Joeyc wrote:

Fanboy III, 1000 daily streak and you get the smiley

Bad idea.
----------------------
Anyways, Fanboy III is cool idea.
Also Fanboy I and II will be possibly to get. I actually playing this game from 2015 on this acc and didn't get any. My idea is simple - just like 3 players could get them by drawing an epic fanart of everybodyedits.

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

Wooted by:

#23 2018-01-12 19:51:18

Vitalijus
Website

yes
yes
idk

wn7I7Oa.png

#24 2018-01-12 19:59:08, last edited by Joeyc (2018-01-12 20:05:34)

Joeyc

pipec wrote:
Joeyc wrote:

Fanboy III, 1000 daily streak and you get the smiley

Bad idea.

That was a joke, as I still don't think newer players should be able to get the old fanboys.

Reason behind it: It was a reward to old players who actually knew about it, it makes them feel special in a way. (what) The Fanboy Smileys are unique in there own way. Releasing them to everybody would give them an extra 3 free smileys on there profile, making the smiley worthless and overused. It's also cool to look back at the first fanboy. Pretty cool smiley in general. It's a well worth smiley to have too!! Wouldn't you be mad if you worked so hard for something, and then someone got it a much easier way for less effort? That's basically how I see the fanboys. Also the old contest smileys are pretty much brought over by the same point.

(grammar fails)

Wooted by: (2)

#25 2018-01-12 20:04:17

kreacher

Zoey2070 wrote:

I don't have a strong opinion on whether or not we do another fanboy thing, but here's my idea about how to gain it:

Basically, when I was back in middle school I had this book project where there were various random tasks that had a set amount of points. To satisfy the requirements of the project you had to have like... 50 or so points, so you could pick and choose what tasks you want to do. Small things like compare and contrast and large things like write a song or do a diorama.

So I want to apply this to EE: small, ee-based tasks (whether in the real-world or not; the actual tasks can be determined later [edit: not stuff like, playing levels]) that have a set amount of points. If you get to, say, 50 points, you get the smiley. Perhaps if you gained 100 points, you'd get one of the other fanboy smileys, and so forth. That way you can be creative but there's a sort of "quality threshold" so we don't get three quickly drawn smileys for fanboy or something.

tl;dr: list of tasks, point-based

so like the sandbox game? that would be quite interesting

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

MadMagnum1516059674692573

Board footer