Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-10 14:00:22

Wild_wimp
Anonymous user

Where can I buy Etherum?

Has anyone bought cryptocurrency?
I found a couple of websites selling it but, they either demand a big initial investment or an insane amount of documents(bank account IBAN, ID card personal number, certificate of residency).
I would like to buy ether of a maximal sum of $25 without additional personal identification but my debit card(which is also the way I want to make the transaction) and perhaps my phone number.
I'm not planning to buy anything online with them, but rather keep them as a deposit and withdraw them later after they gain more value.

#2 2018-01-10 16:13:12, last edited by Second-rate_sauerkraut (2018-01-10 16:13:32)

Second-rate_sauerkraut
Anonymous user

Re: Where can I buy Etherum?

Wild_wimp wrote:

withdraw them later after they gain more value

*if* they gain more value

#3 2018-01-10 17:35:09

Wild_wimp
Anonymous user

Second-rate_sauerkraut wrote:
Wild_wimp wrote:

I either gain more value as in money or as in experience //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#4 2018-01-10 17:37:28

funny-sauerkraut
Anonymous user

Wild_wimp wrote:
Wild_wimp wrote:

I either gain more value as in money or as in experience //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

And you can also gain a mild headache if you lose all of your invested money.

#5 2018-01-10 19:47:28

Wild_wimp
Anonymous user

funny-sauerkraut wrote:
Wild_wimp wrote:
Wild_wimp wrote:

And you can also gain a mild headache if you lose all of your invested money.

That's why I'm looking for a platform that allows me to invest the small amount I mentioned in the OP. It's a sum I'm willing to lose.

#6 2018-01-10 20:11:10

aloof-Aubergine
Anonymous user

On the corner of Smith Street.

Oh, wait, nvm, that's the rentboys.

#7 2018-01-10 20:32:10

Fleshy-Fish
Anonymous user

Three things

1: Any cryptocurrency <> USD/EUR transaction requires that process. Only do it if you trust them (read reviews), and even then on most websites there's a huge waiting list due to high demand

2: 25 bucks into ETH won't get you much. Even if it goes crazy and rises to bitcoin value, let's say 13k, whereas ETH is around 1k, your 25 bucks will be only be 325 bucks, and that's even in an extreme situation. You'll have to invest a lot more or choose some other much cheaper alternative and hope they go crazy instead.

3: It's much easier to exchange between cryptocurrencies. So once you have some, it's much easier to get the currency you want. Some places to offer direct USD<>BTC purchases, but they look, really, really, shady. But hey with 25 bucks, I guess it's perhaps worth the gamble in your case.

Wooted by:

#8 2018-01-10 22:08:37

Juicy-jelly
Anonymous user

i use coinbase to be honest

#9 2018-01-10 22:26:18, last edited by Wild_wimp (2018-01-10 22:26:41)

Wild_wimp
Anonymous user

Thanks for your input Fleshy-Fish and Juicy-jelly

Juicy-jelly wrote:

i use coinbase to be honest

I thought of them, in the end too, but redditors seem to have very bad experiences with coinbase.

#10 2018-01-10 23:14:03

Fleshy-Fish
Anonymous user

Wild_wimp wrote:

About that. You don't just "withdraw" them, you need to sell them for hard currency again, which also requires the aforementioned verificiation process.

#11 2018-01-11 00:21:37

Wild_wimp
Anonymous user

I honestly got my bank card with less paperwork than this websites require.

#12 2018-01-11 00:34:10

Second-rate_sauerkraut
Anonymous user

I assume the because they need some way to verify it's you in the future, and as its fully automated they can't use things like photo ID / signatures etc

#13 2018-01-12 01:16:04

QueenQuacker
Anonymous user

dang it i thought it was talking about a shiny pink reflective bar form outer space and that it tastes good smeels nice and you can build and do anything with it.

NOW I WANT SOME REAL LIFE ETHERUM!

Wooted by:

#14 2018-01-19 01:37:23

QueenQuacker
Anonymous user

ummm hello? im hungary and i want some

#15 2018-01-21 02:43:15

Second-rate_sauerkraut
Anonymous user

Just wondering... Did you manage to buy some before the crash? (If you did that was pretty bad timing //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

#16 2018-01-21 10:52:38

Wild_wimp
Anonymous user

I wanted to buy some exactly in the crash period. However I expected it to fall even more, but it revived quicker than I imagined.
TL;DR; I still didn't bought any.

Coinbase also seems to don't work in my country.

Wooted by:

#17 2018-01-21 16:18:49

Fleshy-Fish
Anonymous user

Wild_wimp wrote:

I wanted to buy some exactly in the crash period. However I expected it to fall even more, but it revived quicker than I imagined.
TL;DR; I still didn't bought any.

Coinbase also seems to don't work in my country.

Read up on the basic market patterns; this happens pretty much every year around the same time. It's still a good time to buy in (a small crash will probably happen before February if you want to wait), despite it not being the "perfect" time anymore.

Please, before you do anything related to crypto, read read read read read. It's a crazy world with lots of ignorant people who only want quick cash, don't be that person! Or do, because that would be better for me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#18 2018-01-22 17:45:25

SeriousSandwich
Anonymous user

random

#19 2018-01-23 01:45:36

small-screwball
Anonymous user

we might campaign this

Wooted by:

Board footer