Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-03 15:06:30

Anatoly

Give us the rule list.

[2:24 PM] capasha: Is there new rules in EE? I didn't know you could get banned for spamming in your own world.
[2:24 PM] capasha: ninja spammed a lot some months ago in his own world, nothing happened to him
[2:25 PM] capasha: so I guess the new owners have new rules
[2:33 PM] capasha: HElp

I'd like to know if this is true and what actually was going on.

#2 2018-01-03 15:14:31

peace

Re: Give us the rule list.

AnatolyEE wrote:
[2:24 PM] capasha: Is there new rules in EE? I didn't know you could get banned for spamming in your own world.
[2:24 PM] capasha: ninja spammed a lot some months ago in his own world, nothing happened to him

yesterday jim spammed with his alts/bots in his own world and emealotn banned his alts and said he diddnt know the rules well as he said the rules saays spamming is against the rules he then sai dhe would discuss with the team and unban thes alts

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#3 2018-01-03 15:16:10

Anatoly

peace wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

yesterday jim spammed with his alts/bots in his own world and emealotn banned his alts and said he diddnt know the rules well as he said the rules saays spamming is against the rules he then sai dhe would discuss with the team and unban thes alts

Yes, but we#re talking about capasha's case now.

#4 2018-01-03 15:17:47

peace

AnatolyEE wrote:
peace wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Yes, but we#re talking about capasha's case now.

i know it sonly emllton doesnt know the rules too well

peace.png

#5 2018-01-03 16:03:11, last edited by MartenM (2018-01-03 16:05:01)

MartenM
Website

Im not sure but that could have been captchas his alts?
I thought Jim mentioned something like that.

Also spamming in your own worlds should be allowed, if people don't like it they can just leave.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2018-01-03 16:05:40

peace

MartenM wrote:

Im not sure but that could have been captchas his alts?
I thought Jim mentioned something like that.

Also spamming in your own worlds should be allowed, if people don't like it they can just leave.

it also spams the sever....

peace.png

#7 2018-01-03 16:06:05

Cakeje

unknown.png

Thanks to HG for making the sig

Wooted by:

#8 2018-01-03 16:14:09

Anatoly

But:

Cakeje wrote:

There should be specific rules for being world woner, like spamming should be allowed.

#9 2018-01-03 16:29:08

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
Website

The rules clearly mention you shouldn't spam, under any circumstance.
https://i.imgur.com/kA4sNm2.png

However, it is true that people haven't been banned by the old staff team for spamming in their own worlds.

I am quite divided in this one. For one side I feel like people should have the rights to spam in their own worlds, but in the other the rule is pretty clear.

I feel like a rule change would be good, to allow people to spam in their own worlds...

http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

Wooted by: (2)

#10 2018-01-03 16:41:39, last edited by MartenM (2018-01-03 16:48:02)

MartenM
Website

realmaster42 wrote:

The rules clearly mention you shouldn't spam, under any circumstance.
https://i.imgur.com/kA4sNm2.png

However, it is true that people haven't been banned by the old staff team for spamming in their own worlds.

I am quite divided in this one. For one side I feel like people should have the rights to spam in their own worlds, but in the other the rule is pretty clear.

I feel like a rule change would be good, to allow people to spam in their own worlds...

"Others"
So if I am correct that would mean I can just safely stay in my world and spam it? As long as I won't be spamming other people their worlds which is would account as breaking the rule?

The rule itself seems more made to prevent users from being targeted by possible spam or harassment.

lm3hgg8.jpg

#11 2018-01-03 16:51:28

Anatoly

This is my suggestion for the new rules.

1. General
  • Be nice.

• Try keeping the atmosphere nice in game.

• Do not discriminate people by race, religion, gender, age or anything else.

• Do not post anything illegal, containing references to the use of drugs, sexual acts or violence.

• Do not require anyone to break the rules.

• Do not send private information and do not ask someone to tell you.

• Do not impersonate in a misleading or deceptive manner.

• Breaking the rule will result as a ban, account or world deletion.

• Swearing is allowed, as long it is filtered by the system, if it's not filtered by the system you shouldn't swear.

2. Specific

Outside of your world
Do not Spam the chat.
Do not attack the world owner if you didn't receive edit, became stuck in a part of the world or became anyhow unhappy with the world. The only option you should do then is to leave.

Inside of your world

• Do not attack anyone, and then kick him not giving them to report you.

• Do not break the rules in the kick reason.

• Spam is allowed, as long it doesn't break the rules.

3. Reports
  • Do not break the rules in the reports.

• Report only if it breaks the rules.

• Do not report nonsense messages, as they could be made by children and be hard to understand.

4. Account creation
  • Your account name should follow the rules, and be longer than 3 symbols.

5. Hacked Clients
  • The user of hacked clients is not allowed.

• The use of bots is allowed, beware not to post your account email or password on the forums.

• Reporting for hacking is not allowed, it can't be recognized.

#12 2018-01-03 17:18:25

John

I banned the accounts because the rules clearly state that spamming isn't tolerated. Spam should not be allowed at all in my opinion. Anyways the owner of that world was "Jim" and other accounts that were not Jim were spamming the world.

As I said I'll talk to the rest of the staff about this and will post again when a decision has been made.

In the meantime please post all the accounts that I banned for spam that were in your world, and if spamming is tolerated in your world I will promptly remove the bans.

PW?scale=2

#13 2018-01-03 17:23:35

Gosha

AnatolyEE wrote:

Do not send private information and do not ask someone to tell you.

- hey, can i get your facebook name?
- reported.

AnatolyEE wrote:

Swearing is allowed, as long it is filtered by the system, if it's not filtered by the system you shouldn't swear.

Do not bypass the swear word filter.*

AnatolyEE wrote:

Do not attack the world owner if you didn't receive edit, became stuck in a part of the world or became anyhow unhappy with the world. The only option you should do then is to leave.

I think current rule for this is fine
"Do not report world owner for not giving you edit". It comes up as a common sense that you shouldn't attack him and just leave the world if it upsets you. This is not a psychology lesson.

AnatolyEE wrote:

Do not attack anyone, and then kick him not giving them to report you.

Very stupid rule. "be nice" in the header is fine. Not kicking the person who is about to report you? why is that? It's your world, do whatever you want with players.

AnatolyEE wrote:

Do not break the rules in the kick reason.

There are too many rules "do not break the rules". There is no need to repeat it for every point you make.

AnatolyEE wrote:

Spam is allowed, as long it doesn't break the rules.

again.
This is too direct rule. it should be something like "You can do anything in your world as long as you follow general rules"

AnatolyEE wrote:

Do not break the rules in the reports.

Why so? It's going to be viewed by moderator, not by children. And it's a common sense that if you send nudes to the moderator you won't get anything good from it.

AnatolyEE wrote:

Do not report nonsense messages, as they could be made by children and be hard to understand.

why? It can be considered a spam.
I mean, i am fine with this, but it shouldn't be in rules. It's just being nice and ignoring messages you don't understand.

AnatolyEE wrote:

Your account name should follow the rules, and be longer than 3 symbols.

Shouldn't be in the rules, but in register page.

AnatolyEE wrote:

The user of hacked clients is not allowed.

I am not allowed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
"Using hacked clients is not allowed" is better.

AnatolyEE wrote:

The use of bots is allowed, beware not to post your account email or password on the forums.

like you did /s
This should be a forums warning, but game's.

AnatolyEE wrote:

Reporting for hacking is not allowed, it can't be recognized.

well, it can be. If you screenshot it.

What's the deal with "hacking is not allowed" if you can't report it?
Hackers can be banned only when moderator sees them?

Wooted by: (3)

#14 2018-01-03 17:40:35

capasha

The old stuff said it was ok to do anything in your own world. If this isn't ok now then update the rules.
What I have been reading "Do not spam or harass people" mean that you don't do this to people which is outside of your world.

I have seen worlds with **** inside their own world, the mods/admins just clear and save the world. I guess this is insta ban now?

I have cheated in my own world maybe I need to be banned too. Poor people seen me teleporting around in my world, they must have been offended now.

#15 2018-01-03 19:26:36

John

capasha wrote:

The old stuff said it was ok to do anything in your own world. If this isn't ok now then update the rules.

The rules clearly state that spam isn't allowed. This wasn't changed by the new administration.

capasha wrote:

What I have been reading "Do not spam or harass people" mean that you don't do this to people which is outside of your world.

Harassment isn't tolerated, period.

capasha wrote:

I have seen worlds with **** inside their own world, the mods/admins just clear and save the world. I guess this is insta ban now?

Not sure how this is related, but a few days ago someone drew hate symbols in a level and I removed them. I didn't issue any ban, just a verbal warning.

capasha wrote:

I have cheated in my own world maybe I need to be banned too.

It is the owner's decisions to deal with that, as prizes are not giving out in normal worlds.

Stop trying to justify spam when it clearly states in the rules that it isn't allowed.

PW?scale=2

#16 2018-01-03 19:55:28, last edited by MartenM (2018-01-03 19:58:58)

MartenM
Website

Emalton wrote:
capasha wrote:

The rules clearly state that spam isn't allowed. This wasn't changed by the new administration.

capasha wrote:

Harassment isn't tolerated, period.

capasha wrote:

Not sure how this is related, but a few days ago someone drew hate symbols in a level and I removed them. I didn't issue any ban, just a verbal warning.

capasha wrote:

I have cheated in my own world maybe I need to be banned too.

It is the owner's decisions to deal with that, as prizes are not giving out in normal worlds.

Stop trying to justify spam when it clearly states in the rules that it isn't allowed.

Sorry Emalton, but I cannot find consistency in this.
Cheating in worlds (using hacks) is just fine, "it's the worlds' owners decision.". But flooding your own world with chat messages isn't?

The whole point of this topic is the discussion about the fact that some people think this: "I can do whatever I want in my own world as long as I don't hurt anyone". (in this case the sending of lots of garbage messages, spam)
I agree with this, but please, provide a bit better answer as for staffs reaction to this.

lm3hgg8.jpg

#17 2018-01-03 20:11:38

John

MartenM wrote:

Cheating in worlds (using hacks) is just fine

It is up to the owner to kick because there is no way of verifying hacked clients which is why no action is taken (that I'm aware of) when someone reports a hacker.

MartenM wrote:

The whole point of this topic is the discussion about the fact that some people think this: "I can do whatever I want in my own world as long as I don't hurt anyone".

Spam is considered as "disruptive to the game experience" as it can cause the game to be very slow in some cases. Read the terms for more information on this. Spam can be easily proven whilst hacking can not.

I hope that is a satisfactory answer and if not let me know.

PW?scale=2

#18 2018-01-03 20:19:25

capasha

Emalton wrote:

Spam is considered as "disruptive to the game experience" as it can cause the game to be very slow in some cases. Read the terms for more information on this. Spam can be easily proven whilst hacking can not.

I hope that is a satisfactory answer and if not let me know.

So this mean people would get banned when using bots which spam join and left message in the world. Because for me it's spam and disturbing me a lot.

#19 2018-01-03 20:22:45

John

I suggest you read my post again.

PW?scale=2

#20 2018-01-03 20:41:47

Processor

Here's my take on the issue:

Things that annoy users or make the game unenjoyable warrant a ban.
Spamming disrupts gameplay and should be bannable.
Trolling should be allowed, because we want room owners to have control over their blocks. If we cannot force owners to make good levels, we cannot prevent them from making bad levels. Also, trolled worlds can be considered art.
Owners and people with edit should be immune to Anti-Spam laws because they could troll the world instead anyway. The rule does not improve the game experience in this case.

This is simple enough for the client to check for. The client could then refuse to sent reports against world owners.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#21 2018-01-03 22:26:52

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Processor wrote:

This is simple enough for the client to check for. The client could then refuse to sent reports against world owners.

well, what would the checks be exactly? gotta make sure there's stuff like "can't troll with nude art" [in a public world] and the easiest way to enforce that would be to have people report it

suddenly random sig change

#22 2018-01-05 00:47:49

Akatsuk1

But what about bots? Like what do we consider as "spam"? Most worlds that i join have bots in them that repeat the same thing over and over again and i really don't think that should be qualified as spam. Also what if you have proof of somebody hacking in a campaign (Example: them being in a place that is impossible to get to without hacks, them admitting to using hacks, etc.). Is that still not report worthy even with picture proof?

pizap_com14618147809731.jpg

Akatsuk11515109669690457

Board footer