Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-26 22:58:23

showpath

Goodluck with EE.

I am now officially leaving too!
**** you niels you agreed to talk to me, but instead you're still scared. You cut all communication and start all of this drama again.
I don't even know what is happening currently but it sounds like Emalton convinced niels to say **** everyone including EE.
I advise anyone who has purchased gems lately to charge-back, due to the fact that no one knows what will happen with EE.
If EE doesn't die and someone better is in charge feel free to contact me if you want me back.
No one knows what plans Emalton and niels have.

Backstory:
My issues with niels have been growing the whole time since he has been in charge; then last week he has taken it too far.

Sorry, Nou.
Jesse and I only had one big problem with you.
You had no idea how to lead a development team. We brought up problems with EE's code and you didn't care since it mostly worked.
Other than that we believe you were a good owner.
I had one other minor problem but I don't consider it a big deal or public matters anyways.

Old team's unity client:
It sucked.
They basically just tried porting the flash client line by line with minor modifications.
Their talks about the performance are only because it ran well on their good hardware. On my machine if people were placing blocks and I had minimap open it was literally unplayable.
They never rewrote the whole messy server-side code either which should have been done along with the unity client.
In the end the flash client was a mess, their unity client was a mess, and the server code has always been a mess. Oddly enough Nou didn't see that as a problem when it was brought up, even when anyone who has worked on the game pointed out direct issues.

My unity client:
Long after we scrapped the previous unity client, I started writing a new one.
In just over a day I wrote an efficient tile engine from scratch (basically 1/3 of EE).
After that I had lost all motivation over problems with niels, and didn't want to do all of this work for no benefit.
Not much later, there was communication with a potential new owner which gave me no reason to continue working for nothing.

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate, Happy Holidays to the rest. And a Happy New Year from Jesse and I.

#2 2017-12-26 23:02:39, last edited by Snowester (2017-12-26 23:05:36)

Snowester

Re: Goodluck with EE.

Just thought you're someone else, I know EE is full of whirls but just please stay //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Wooted by:

#3 2017-12-26 23:05:55

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

this feels a lot like showpath is trying to shift all the blame onto NVD to escape with a clean reputation

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#4 2017-12-26 23:09:49

showpath

Snowester wrote:

but just please stay //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Too bad I refuse stay with Niels in charge and all of my access is already removed, without him saying a word to me.

maxi123 wrote:

this feels a lot like showpath is trying to shift all the blame onto NVD to escape with a clean reputation

The problem is nvd.

#5 2017-12-26 23:09:54

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

showpath wrote:

I am now officially leaving too!
**** you niels you agreed to talk to me, but instead you're still scared. You cut all communication and start all of this drama again.
I don't even know what is happening currently but it sounds like Emalton convinced niels to say **** everyone including EE.
I advise anyone who has purchased gems lately to charge-back, due to the fact that no one knows what will happen with EE.
If EE doesn't die and someone better is in charge feel free to contact me if you want me back.
No one knows what plans Emalton and niels have.

Backstory:
My issues with niels have been growing the whole time since he has been in charge; then last week he has taken it too far.

Sorry, Nou.
Jesse and I only had one big problem with you.
You had no idea how to lead a development team. We brought up problems with EE's code and you didn't care since it mostly worked.
Other than that we believe you were a good owner.
I had one other minor problem but I don't consider it a big deal or public matters anyways.

Old team's unity client:
It sucked.
They basically just tried porting the flash client line by line with minor modifications.
Their talks about the performance are only because it ran well on their good hardware. On my machine if people were placing blocks and I had minimap open it was literally unplayable.
They never rewrote the whole messy server-side code either which should have been done along with the unity client.
In the end the flash client was a mess, their unity client was a mess, and the server code has always been a mess. Oddly enough Nou didn't see that as a problem when it was brought up, even when anyone who has worked on the game pointed out direct issues.

My unity client:
Long after we scrapped the previous unity client, I started writing a new one.
In just over a day I wrote an efficient tile engine from scratch (basically 1/3 of EE).
After that I had lost all motivation over problems with niels, and didn't want to do all of this work for no benefit.
Not much later, there was communication with a potential new owner which gave me no reason to continue working for nothing.

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate, Happy Holidays to the rest. And a Happy New Year from Jesse and I.

bye Showpath. now we've 2 admins

#6 2017-12-26 23:10:19

Joeyc

I wish you the best of luck, glad you don't have to deal with all that **** anymore.

unknown.png

Wooted by:

#7 2017-12-26 23:11:11

showpath

Joeyc wrote:

I wish you the best of luck, glad you don't have to deal with all that **** anymore.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … nknown.png

Thank you <3

Wooted by:

#8 2017-12-26 23:11:50

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

showpath wrote:

The problem is nvd.

cant tell if sarcasm or not
ok then

i8SwC8p.png

#9 2017-12-26 23:12:44

John

Best of luck showpath, I hope we can continue contacting each other!

PW?scale=2

Wooted by:

PTU

#10 2017-12-26 23:13:38

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Emalton wrote:

completely ignored anything and everything said about you in the post, feelsgoodman

i8SwC8p.png

#11 2017-12-26 23:14:09

XxAtillaxX

Emalton wrote:

Put a smile on like Ajit Pai won't you.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (3)

#12 2017-12-26 23:15:20

John

maxi123 wrote:
Emalton wrote:

completely ignored anything and everything said about you in the post, feelsgoodman

I read it. I disagree with some of it but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to wish him well. This isn't the topic to address that.

PW?scale=2

Wooted by: (2)

#13 2017-12-26 23:15:32, last edited by LukeM (2017-12-26 23:17:11)

LukeM
Website

Sad to see you go

I agree with most of your points apart from I don't think Emalton is a bad guy in this (just from conversations I've had with them (mostly before they became staff), they seem like they want the best for the game and are a good person)

Edit: aah I got distracted and loads of other people posted

#14 2017-12-26 23:20:31

showpath

maxi123 wrote:
showpath wrote:

The problem is nvd.

cant tell if sarcasm or not
ok then

There is no sarcasm in this post.

Emalton wrote:

Have fun dealing with niels and the mess of EE.

LukeM wrote:

Sad to see you go
I agree with most of your points apart from I don't think Emalton is a bad guy in this (just from conversations I've had with them (mostly before they became staff), they seem like they want the best for the game and are a good person)

I don't consider Emalton a bad person, but out of nowhere niels decides Emalton become close friends, then niels decides Emalton is a hero and **** everyone one else.
I have already said I don't believe Emalton is qualified for what he is about to get into.

P.S. Ignore the grammar problems in this post.

Wooted by:

rat

#15 2017-12-26 23:33:59

Jorc

Thats sound so heartbreaking about how you are suffering with how NVD taking too far and isnt a good leader at all.
I like how you are posting so casually

goodbye, my brother. never forget you

#16 2017-12-26 23:44:54

MartenM
Website

Thank you showpath for the work you put into EE.
Sad that we did not get your Unity client but we will see where the new staff brings us :/

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#17 2017-12-26 23:47:54

proficuous
Formerly terence

Goodbye Showpath/Jesse. You were both excellent staff members and I'm sorry about all of the stress the job gave you.

Thank you both again for helping me recover my account through a site transfer after so many other past staff members didn't want to get bogged down in the specifics of how to do so.

Best of luck with everything, and happy holidays

#18 2017-12-27 00:23:44

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
Website

can somebody demod showpath in the forums already? confuzing

http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

#19 2017-12-27 00:44:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

You weren't perfect, but your efforts were appreciated. You will be missed.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#20 2017-12-27 00:53:15

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

It’s a shame that there’s no such thing as co-leadership. The power/influence will always shift to a single person even if they don’t wish it to, and if that person doesn’t lead well, the group falls apart.

Good leaders are hard to find, but good team members are equally valuable. Let’s hope that some of these mods come back next year under better leadership.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#21 2017-12-27 00:58:00

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Tomahawk wrote:

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

It’s a shame that there’s no such thing as co-leadership. The power/influence will always shift to a single person even if they don’t wish it to, and if that person doesn’t lead well, the group falls apart.

Good leaders are hard to find, but good team members are equally valuable. Let’s hope that some of these mods come back next year under better leadership.

Emalton has made it clear he doesn't want to solely lead. Legally, he will own the game. But he has made it clear he plans to co-lead with megalamb. In general, he seems more intent in working as part of a team instead of bossing people around as a leader with his own vision.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#22 2017-12-27 01:13:36

showpath

marcoantonimsantos wrote:

can somebody demod showpath in the forums already? confuzing

I told Diff as I posted it, but he was away for a little bit at that time.

Also to everyone saying Thank you,
You're all welcome!

Wooted by:

#23 2017-12-27 01:19:19

Guest.

XxAtillaxX wrote:
Emalton wrote:

Put a smile on like Ajit Pai won't you.

It's evident that you've been beating off to this chain of events a ton today. You keep quiet about Emalton and don't say anything until he becomes the owner, which is when you conveniently then begin to bash him? Honestly, everyone knows you aren't welcome here. Since you have no more power, you are free to leave now.

#24 2017-12-27 01:30:34

Schlog

does this mean you'll bedwars more

Wooted by:

#25 2017-12-27 01:32:27, last edited by hummerz5 (2017-12-27 02:10:23)

iPwner
Website

maxi123 wrote:

**** NVD. Showpath ftwz. ;3 Don't even know who the caremalized crabapple "NVD" is or why he was ever modded in the first place, and he shouldn't have ever been. endthisgarbanzo.RAR!

And if ee must die, so be it. ;~; After years of war and shoes and all those other neat little pi-peckies that come with neglect, it was a slug-occupied shell of its former self in 2014; a strange slug, but still sluggy and whole. It was a hollow shell by 2016, the slug just got the hell out of there at that point. At this point, its a pulverized bag of shell dust that the brother-sister conglomerate of the devil sniff for survival cradled hand in hand in bed. Who are they? What are they? At the sound of a bark they cuddle together and rock. If they see a mosquito, they open the sewers and jump onto the backs of rats to orchestrate their grand escape. When seen in public, they stick to eachother, wear the same shirt, nipples and breasts lewdly jiggling in sync, and whisper to eachother en-constatum; turn an eyelash at them and they'll throw a nipple at you in raw anger. If prodded, they'll release an "official" statement through the vent on the happabouts of whatever -- the sad part being, without any hearts willing, no one cares nuff to prospect. So a farewell, indeed, a farewell to minis, a somber farewell to smileys and cod.

FAREWELL EE. ;_;

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by:
Gosha1514455522688589

Board footer