Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-15 18:05:58

worried-Slugger
Anonymous user

How can an individual help fix the US's BS?

All of the white supremacy, misogynists, sexism, racism, political corruption, police brutality, far-right advocates, sexual harassment, Donald Trump in general, and everyone still saying that Trump is a good president is starting to REALLY get to me

I'm a nonviolent guy. I pride myself on never resorting to violence. You know what, though? If violence were to come to my city, I'd support the left side in whatever nonviolent way I could, rather than try to stop the violence (not that violence would come here anytime soon). Something needs to be done about the way the US is headed. I don't want to live in a country where Donald Trump got his way.

So, what's the answer here? In order to make a difference, would I have to become a politician or something? I'm not too good with speeches or wording things well, and I don't think that's something I could train myself to do better. Plus, I hate socializing with people I'm not comfortable with so networking would be a major pain. I don't feel like just voting is making enough of a difference.

So, how can I impact my area positively?

anon enabled bc someone's going to be a retard and strongly disagree with my viewpoints, and I'd rather keep that restrained to this thread

#2 2017-12-15 18:29:00

PsychoProcessor
Anonymous user

Re: How can an individual help fix the US's BS?

worried-Slugger wrote:

going to be a retard and strongly disagree with my viewpoints,

This is part of the problem. Everyone thinks the opposing view is retarded.

worried-Slugger wrote:

I hate socializing with people

This is why people think that way. You don't talk to anyone but a tight group of others that share your same views. You put yourself in a bubble, a "safespace".

worried-Slugger wrote:

I'd support the left side

As if the left doesn't engage in/provoke violence?

What if they were pushing for something that you actually didn't like?

Since someone asked if I wrote the OP:
-mrjawapa

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2017-12-15 18:47:37

worried-Slugger
Anonymous user

Thanks for answering my question

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2017-12-15 18:54:46

PsychoProcessor
Anonymous user

worried-Slugger wrote:

Thanks for answering my question

Can't tell if sarcastic or not.

I'll summarize:

Talk to others. Understand their views. Nothing will come of everyone yelling "you're retarded to think X is a good idea"

#5 2017-12-15 18:56:42

Fairy97
Anonymous user

definitely not sarcasm at all

#6 2017-12-15 20:25:18

Handsome-hawk
Anonymous user

The people are crazy because they aren't standing for their rights. People should have started rioting with no surrender a long time ago, but because they're stuck in this system where individually rioting takes more than it gives, almost no one is doing it. I'm just glad I don't have to feel the guilt of doing nothing because I don't live there.
I do stand for my American brothers though.

#7 2017-12-15 23:48:08, last edited by Uptight User (2017-12-15 23:49:53)

Uptight User
Anonymous user

The vast majority of the United States is populist left and what needs to happen is removing money from politics, the root cause of corruption. If you can, contribute towards Wolf-PAC and Justice Democrats, spread the word and/or donate.
EDIT: Oh and by the way, one of the founders of Wolf PAC, Alison Hartson, is running for the California senate as a Justice Democrat.

https://www.justicedemocrats.com/platform
https://www.justicedemocrats.com/fight

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_Democrats

We are taking over the Democratic Party, as running independent or third-party is essentially akin to swinging a sledge hammer at your knee-caps prior to running a race in the political process, there's an institutional disadvantage that cannot be ignored.
We have nearly 40 candidates for senate running RIGHT NOW. We need you, spread the word as much as you can - the only way to have them represent us, is for us to engage in the political process, Bernie-Sanders-style.

#8 2017-12-16 00:34:05

Jealous-jackwagon
Anonymous user

You really shouldn't worry about  advancing your cause too much, honestly.

There is likely going to be some major disaster or tribulation in our lifetime (of course, unrelated to trump, probably after he leaves office), which will mean your main concern will be staying alive and not teaching kids about how it's cool to be gay.

#9 2017-12-16 09:20:51

Handsome-hawk
Anonymous user

Jealous-jackwagon wrote:

You really shouldn't worry about  advancing your cause too much, honestly.

There is likely going to be some major disaster or tribulation in our lifetime (of course, unrelated to trump, probably after he leaves office), which will mean your main concern will be staying alive and not teaching kids about how it's cool to be gay.

I dont think you understand what the real problems are. People are living like slaves because they have to work more than 1 full time job to survive, because of their position they have 0 power over their life thus are not able to advance their position in any way. Work till you die and die early because you work so much. This, while there are do many super rich people getting depressed because of their wealth. Children who grow up in super wealthy families are almost always spoiled and don’t know how to be happy, because they do not know the feeling of pride, since they never had to acomplish anything.

#10 2017-12-17 04:09:12

Jealous-jackwagon
Anonymous user

Those are the problems now, but I'm playing for the long run.

Wealth isn't going to exist.

#11 2017-12-17 05:04:47

Khaki_edgelord
Anonymous user

Just kill everyone

No man, no problem

#12 2017-12-18 02:21:50

Noisy neighbor
Anonymous user

Start a revolution and throw it into anarchy. Slice away the east and west coast like the sparkling gold crust on a dhiarrhea rhye bread and we're good! If east and west coast co-operate as two nations, or as the same nation but with two separate landmasses, give the control of the middle lands back to the Native Americans/Mexicans, as is appropriate to original ownership prior to land theft.

#13 2017-12-18 02:58:50

Jealous-jackwagon
Anonymous user

ITT fantasy

#14 2017-12-19 14:57:21, last edited by burly-brony (2017-12-19 19:47:32)

Heretic8
Anonymous user

(no)
- hz5

Wooted by:

Board footer