Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-04 00:50:27, last edited by Abelysk (2017-12-04 01:29:57)

Abelysk

Anonymous Woot Option

Hi guys,

I propose we add an anonymous woot option. Sometimes I want to woot controversial posts, but I don't want to garner attention. My proposal is that whenever you post a comment or make a thread, you have the option to enable wooting anonymity. By default, it's set so woots show usernames, but if checking the "box", the woot bar will be replaced with "# of people who wooted: X" or "Woots: X".

Or better yet, replace the current system with a numerical value, and when clicking/hovering over the number you get to see usernames. I think the current woot system promotes clutter, and having a numerical value would be better. Anonymity would simply hide player names who wooted and not allow others to see who wooted a post.

We could also have it so that you have the current system, but when you woot you have the choice of being anonymous (up to you not the poster). So it could go like: "Wooted by Abelisk, Slabdrill, 5 anonymous users".

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2017-12-04 00:51:18, last edited by drunkbnu (2017-12-04 00:56:43)

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: Anonymous Woot Option

Or what about replacing the wooter names with their anonymous names?

EDIT: The problem is that even with anonymity enabled, users who woot will have their forum name instead of their anonymous name. There should also be the option to allow woots, but show anonymous names.

#3 2017-12-04 00:53:02

Abelysk

HG wrote:

Or what about replacing the wooter names with their anonymous names?

Just updated OP, see second paragraph.

#4 2017-12-04 01:27:50

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

id prefer to be able to anonymously woot whichever posts and not have it be up to the poster

(Wooted by: person, otherperson, and 6 anonymous users)

suddenly random sig change

#5 2017-12-04 01:30:15

Abelysk

Added your suggestion I think that's a really good alternative too.

#6 2017-12-04 02:32:09

Joeyc

This could be really good, as well for the thread where you have to guess who the person is.

#7 2017-12-05 14:50:51, last edited by Anatoly (2017-12-05 14:51:24)

Anatoly

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=33711

I don’t know why you have to cyber bully people before you post their ideas.

Edit: See there Post #11

#8 2017-12-05 16:36:02

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

i dont see a real purpose for this, other than that for anonymity topics.
if you agree with someone's post, you shouldnt be afraid to declare that to the public (i actually expected this cliche to be said already by someone else)

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#9 2017-12-05 16:38:37

Abelysk

1. It's a random post that has nothing to do with your topic more than a year ago.
2. It states "4 users", but doesn't specify that it's anonymous or doesn't state how it works.
3. It's not the same.

#10 2017-12-05 16:52:09

Anatoly

Abelysk wrote:

1. It's a random post that has nothing to do with your topic more than a year ago.
2. It states "4 users", but doesn't specify that it's anonymous or doesn't state how it works.
3. It's not the same.

Then answer me:

3. What's the difference between number which shows how many liked and a numerical value?
Abelysk wrote:

Or better yet, replace the current system with a numerical value, and when clicking/hovering over the number you get to see usernames.

2. It shows a text which says >"Wooted by 4 Users"<, what don't you get?

I mean "doesn't state how it works": What isn't understandable?

3. My post is a random post which doesn't have to do anything with my topic?

Explain please, but it surely isn't random. Maybe English changed over the past years?

#11 2017-12-05 17:00:47

Kikikan

AnatolyEE wrote:

Explain please, but it surely isn't random. Maybe English changed over the past years?

Your original topic was about coloring the usernames on the woot panel. Your post (which is the #11 on your topic) just randomly states to replace it with a numerical value; it has nothing to do with your original idea, which was coloring the usernames.

Wooted by:

#12 2017-12-05 17:14:26

Anatoly

Kikikan wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Your original topic was about coloring the usernames on the woot panel. Your post (which is the #11 on your topic) just randomly states to replace it with a numerical value; it has nothing to do with your original idea, which was coloring the usernames.

And? It's still there and arguiing about me redirecting to that post which fits to this theme is still unlogical to me.

#13 2017-12-05 17:39:41

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

AnatolyEE wrote:
Kikikan wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

And? It's still there and arguiing about me redirecting to that post which fits to this theme is still unlogical to me.

quit trying to sound smart
youre not the kind of person which would benefit from that

and the point is/was that the idea in your post was solely for nice-looking purposes, while the idea in the topic at hand is for the purposes of anonymity and allowing you to woot posts without disclosing your username

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#14 2017-12-05 18:49:56

Abelysk

I dont understand why but some people feel so entitled to their ideas. Someone who posts an idea more than over 400 days ago makes the obligation to "copyright" their idea, even if it is some vague post.

Wooted by: (2)

#15 2019-03-11 17:44:32

Joeyc

bumping

#16 2019-03-11 18:48:42

Anatoly

Joeyc wrote:

bumping

Why do you guys bump posts with hate against me? Oh.. that's every topic on the forums after I joined...

I agree, wooing should be completely anonymous.

#17 2019-03-11 18:52:51

Joeyc

Anatoly wrote:
Joeyc wrote:

bumping

Why do you guys bump posts with hate against me? Oh.. that's every topic on the forums after I joined...

Wtf, I didn’t mean any harm I just liked this idea and thought it could be bumped seriously

Wooted by:

#18 2019-03-11 19:00:28

mikelolsuperman
Website

Anatoly wrote:

Since when does this happen? And he just bumped because he likes the suggestion, that's also possible. How can anonymous woots be hating against you in any way?

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#19 2019-03-11 19:01:16

Anatoly

Joeyc wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
Joeyc wrote:

bumping

Wtf, I didn’t mean any harm I just liked this idea and thought it could be bumped seriously

That's a joke, sir. Last time I'm were paranoid about everyone.

Anatoly1552327276742434

Board footer