Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-29 10:48:16

Latif

I want Unity

So Unity is done but EE can't pay for it because it's more expensive than flash. That's pretty weird because why did the staff make Unity if they can't pay for it? Or was Nou going to pay everything?

What are actually the future plans? Is EE going to die completely or what? And what is the staff going to do with Unity? Releasing the Unity client in 2020 is a really bad idea.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2017-11-29 10:54:29

LukeM
Website

Re: I want Unity

Got a tiny bit of insider info saying that the leaked info about UnitEE was slightly exaggerated. I think it sort of works, but a load is still incomplete, so it's not ready to be published yet. And if it's true that the acquisition is still looking fairly likely, they probably shouldn't do anything that could screw that up...

#3 2017-11-29 12:54:49

Zumza

Latif wrote:

EE can't pay for [Unity] because it's more expensive than flash.

I don't believe that's the reason, Unity shouldn't represent any additional costs.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#4 2017-11-29 14:34:28, last edited by MartenM (2017-11-29 14:36:35)

MartenM
Website

Zumza wrote:

I don't believe that's the reason, Unity shouldn't represent any additional costs.

That's what has been bothering me as well.
If unity uses PIO (which it probably will) it should not give any extra cost. Only if they wanted some sort of steam release you would have a 1 time 100 euro fee to pay but that should not be a real barrier.

The only way I can see a possible future for this game is a unity steam release. Who plays flash games on the internet these days? Almost nobody. Yet some games managed to survive just by porting to the steam platform.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#5 2017-11-29 14:45:32

Different55
Forum Admin

Costs might come from unity itself. It's free, but if you make more than like $10k off a unity game you have to buy the full version and pay them some other money idk. Could also be that they're trying to buy the full version of unity before releasing it.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#6 2017-11-29 16:55:36

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Different55 wrote:

Costs might come from unity itself. It's free, but if you make more than like $10k off a unity game you have to buy the full version and pay them some other money idk. Could also be that they're trying to buy the full version of unity before releasing it.

$100k annually actually
And the price that you have to pay then is $35 a month for Unity plus (raises income limit to $200k annually) or $125 a month for Unity Pro (no income limit)

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (3)

#7 2017-11-29 17:23:53

Latif

Zumza wrote:
Latif wrote:

EE can't pay for [Unity] because it's more expensive than flash.

Mega Lamb wrote:

As far as I am aware, Unity was finished a long time ago, ready for launch, but Unity costs a lot more to run and serve than Flash does, so unless there is any investor funding, Unity is an unreasonable option as a business decision in the current state of the game.

What does Mega Lamb mean then?

#8 2017-11-30 23:49:20

den3107

I'm honestly only active in the bots and programming section, so a ton of things pass me by, but regarding Unity costs:

They might want a unity license to get rid of the splash screen (seems like a dull reason not to release it imo), I'm pretty sure the revenue limit is not a problem, and if it would they could easily purchase a license.

Another reason might be that, instead of making a dedicated server themselves, is using the Unity services, which can get terribly expensive (although I have no insight on the revenue EE makes).
This does sound strange though, since I'm pretty sure they still use PlayerIO (or have made some sort of workaround to still be able to test on live servers...), which means no changes in server costs would arise.

During my internship I've so far found no other costs that could come up from using Unity over the current Flash implementation.

The fee to upload a game on Steam is a one-time $100 (per game), but this is not a requirement since they can stick to web-only if they wish.

Wooted by:

#9 2017-12-01 01:21:17, last edited by Moukdaboss (2017-12-01 01:31:54)

Moukdaboss
Banned

kickstarter!
just enough to start it off and if it doesnt gain players or get any $ shut it down

idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot

#10 2017-12-01 02:34:36

HeyNK

haha who is going to spend money on an ee kickstarter haha

#11 2017-12-01 03:09:17

Xfrogman43

HeyNK wrote:

haha who is going to spend money on an ee kickstarter haha

people who want the game to stay alive

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

PTU

#12 2017-12-01 03:14:50

HeyNK

people who would pay money to keep ee around? name them, dude! and name yourselves. Name your price! I don't believe you!

this game is a fun passtime but as far as you know I don't play it, but is it worth actually spending money on? WOuld you spend money on EE?

How //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool much //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool would you dare to pay? Think you can //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool shell out //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool a big enough stack to keep my shades on? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool -> //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad -> ($) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#13 2017-12-01 03:16:08

Pehpe

LukeM wrote:

Got a tiny bit of insider info saying that the leaked info about UnitEE was slightly exaggerated. I think it sort of works, but a load is still incomplete, so it's not ready to be published yet. And if it's true that the acquisition is still looking fairly likely, they probably shouldn't do anything that could screw that up...

Haha, remember the time when I posted proof but no one trusted me? (2nd Account of !nb4)

many things happen over a dramatic course of action

#14 2017-12-01 04:51:53

John

LukeM wrote:

Got a tiny bit of insider info saying that the leaked info about UnitEE was slightly exaggerated. I think it sort of works, but a load is still incomplete

At the time, the gameplay was 100% functional. The lobby needed work.

Oh, there wasn't an explosion when you died nor were particles present. Other than that, it worked well from a gameplay standpoint.

PW?scale=2

#15 2017-12-01 08:51:21

LukeM
Website

Working well is different from being finished though, the main things are probably done, but there are probably loads of smaller things that need to be added / fixed before it is released

LukeM1512114681684829

Board footer