Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-14 05:19:43

red_racist
Anonymous user

Mental Illness Venting Thread

There's been a lot of talk about depression lately, so here's a topic for depression and any other mental illnesses you might have. Also an excuse for me to talk about mine

So, I have Avoidant Personality Disorder. If you don't want to click links, that basically means I have HORRIBLE anxiety, always feel inferior, consider my social skills rather garbage, and am always fearful of criticism and rejection (if anyone, no matter who, were to intentionally insult me, I'd definitely hang over it for at least a week). I'm not really sure when this disorder sprouted, but I'd guess I've had it for at least a few years now. Along with this (and probably correlated) I've had depression for several years. When I did extracurriculars in high school both of these definitely seemed to lighten their toll on me, since the group I was involved in was very tight-knit and I really felt cared about. Now that high school's done however, my symptoms have worsened again and I've felt lonelier than ever. I tried staying in contact with a few of the members of that group, organizing meetups (that happened but with very few attendees compared to # of folk that said "Yes, I will be there"), and even moving in with one of them, however now I've managed to lose contact with almost every one of them (all but my sister). Everyone was too busy for me, and everyone else had moved on with their lives while I was (and am) stuck in the past.

Since HS graduation I've tried joining three communities to get back that sense of close brotherhood. Of those, I later quit Group 1 due to nobody there being my age (lot of white and grey hair), just recently quit Group 2 because it requires constant supervising of middle schoolers (I've somehow grown distasteful of children, and I was always anxious about my reputation with the other adults), and Group 3 I'm still in. Group 3 is a competitive gaming meetup, but it's definitely not tight-knit like the community I miss. Nobody really seems to care if I attend or not. It is, however, still useful for taking my mind off of the rest of my life.

I have solid reason to keep on living, so I'm trying improve my symptoms. What I really need is someone that will treat me like family, but I can't really find someone like that if I don't go out. But, going out takes me more willpower than I really have. And even then, it'll probably take me a long time to get to know anyone.

If you know who I am feel free to talk to me about this or your own issues. I'm pretty open about my views and feelings (it's much easier to be over the net), and rather enjoy philosophy.

Please don't **** here. Serious content only.

Wooted by:

#2 2017-11-14 06:46:48

Universal_undertaker
Anonymous user

Re: Mental Illness Venting Thread

I have anxiety, depression, OCD, and a few other things. I don't go out much. I'm so tired of everything.

#3 2017-11-14 06:56:10

high_Horse
Anonymous user

Anxiety, nervous disorders, on top of that high blood pressure and stress. I'm also mildly bipolar/autistic.

#4 2017-11-14 11:04:44

tactical maggot
Anonymous user

Im depressed because today i didnt want to get up thats how selfdamaging i am //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#5 2017-11-14 14:04:16

jacked-Jewel
Anonymous user

Hardcore procrastination could be a mental illness. It's doing wonders for my grades.

#6 2017-11-14 16:16:46

Awkward_Artist
Anonymous user

not sure I am depressed, but suicidal ideation is strong with me. I see some of the AvPD in me, though it's not terribly strong, definitely there.

not really close to anyone so that's not so fun I guess

procrastination is good yes

Board footer