Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-07 21:50:36

Luka504

The original Halloween campaign is gone?

So I checked the campaign list and see the original Halloween campaign is missing.
Is it gone for good or....?

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (5)

#2 2017-10-07 23:29:31

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: The original Halloween campaign is gone?

I hope it isn’t gone for good. I sincerely hope they add it back but change the eyeball smiley prize to something like the pumpkin.

Although the new levels are fairly fun I have many complaints about this being the Halloween campaign. The main one being that it really doesn’t represent Halloween at all. Let me explain:

Tier 1: Snakes have pretty much nothing to do with Halloween. Sure, they can be scary. But this level depicts them in such a fun and cutsie way. Essentially nothing about the level screams Halloween.

Tier 2: This level just about gets away with following the theme. It’s got a lot of chains and throw in a few gravestone decorations and that apparently makes Halloween? This is more of a dungeon based level rather than Halloween. Just because chains are associated with Halloween it doesn’t mean a level that uses them excessively is a Halloween level.

Tier 3: I really don’t accept this world as a Halloween one. The only way this is remotely close is that there is a random spooky looking avatar consisting of a flying skull with eyes beneath it littered about the level with platforms above lava. I’m not sure if I’m missing something but this level felt the least tied to the theme because for me it didn’t feel like Halloween at all. This level would fit better in a more hell themed campaign.

Tier 4: Okay this is the only level in the campaign I may have associated to Halloween. But even then it only focuses on the occult (obviously). Without over Halloween reflecting levels to compliment it, it just seems redundant in its attempts to give a Halloween theme.

I have no disrespect to any of these levels. All of them were fun and I enjoyed playing them. Furthermore, they really did compliment each other gameplay wise. They were all unique and different to what you’d expect from a standard level. But they just do so much injustice of representing what is supposed to be the spooky season.

I’d like to throw this question out to people: if you were playing these levels for the first time and they were not in the campaign, would you have associated them with Halloween? I’ve played both tiers 1 and 2 before and I didn’t link either of them to Halloween when doing so. When viewing each level individually they should be screaming Halloween to you which this campaign fails to do.

This campaign honestly feels like the decision to remake it was made before the levels were found. As a result any fun level that even had the smallest of link to it was added. This is not how campaigns should be made. The theme is important and should not be neglected as it has been here. Especially if it’s a seasonal campaign and especially if it’s a remake. Furthermore I feel like this was only done in the first place because the staff wants to keep the impression that they are updating the game but struggled for a new theme for a campaign.

Finally, just throwing this out there: please don’t start remaking campaigns. It’s just not a good idea. The current campaigns are fine as they are; we’d just also like new ones.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (5)

#3 2017-10-08 00:01:14

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

How to create a hallow-ween level:
1. have some minimap art.
2. Make it have lots of arrows.
3. put a few decorations.

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2017-10-08 01:14:54

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

can i just say, for consistency's sake, that hallowe'en 2 should be halloween 2

or, ideally, not a separate campaign? the halloween campaign was changed from 2015 to 2016, so why not just keep the same entry but change the levels?

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#5 2017-10-08 01:32:09

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

or, ideally, not a separate campaign? the halloween campaign was changed from 2015 to 2016, so why not just keep the same entry but change the levels?

Are you suggesting that just so you can update the wiki more easily? Clever.

#6 2017-10-08 03:19:26

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

N1KF wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

Are you suggesting that just so you can update the wiki more easily? Clever.

i don't really update the wiki anymore so... no

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#7 2017-10-09 10:57:49, last edited by Xenonetix (2017-10-09 11:00:17)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Luka504 wrote:

So I checked the campaign list and see the original Halloween campaign is missing.
Is it gone for good or....?

Devlin wrote:

I hope it isn’t gone for good. I sincerely hope they add it back but change the eyeball smiley prize to something like the pumpkin.

If it were to be added back, pumpkin will not be the prize. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Devlin wrote:

Although the new levels are fairly fun I have many complaints about this being the Halloween campaign. The main one being that it really doesn’t represent Halloween at all. Let me explain:

Tier 1: Snakes have pretty much nothing to do with Halloween. Sure, they can be scary. But this level depicts them in such a fun and cutsie way. Essentially nothing about the level screams Halloween.

I guess they're cutesy, but I didn't consider it that much of a stretch for this to be a Hallowe'en level. I suppose different people see snakes in different ways, some fearing them more than others.

Devlin wrote:

Tier 2: This level just about gets away with following the theme. It’s got a lot of chains and throw in a few gravestone decorations and that apparently makes Halloween? This is more of a dungeon based level rather than Halloween. Just because chains are associated with Halloween it doesn’t mean a level that uses them excessively is a Halloween level.

In this instance, almost the entirety of the art was showcasing the Hallowe'en Packs' blocks, which was my justification for it being Hallowe'en-based.

Devlin wrote:

Tier 3: I really don’t accept this world as a Halloween one. The only way this is remotely close is that there is a random spooky looking avatar consisting of a flying skull with eyes beneath it littered about the level with platforms above lava. I’m not sure if I’m missing something but this level felt the least tied to the theme because for me it didn’t feel like Halloween at all. This level would fit better in a more hell themed campaign.

Hmm, unsure about this one. It felt and played like a Hallowe'eny level to me, which is why I added it. I would say that "hell" can certainly be related to Hallowe'en if it's a hell-themed level.

Devlin wrote:

Tier 4: Okay this is the only level in the campaign I may have associated to Halloween. But even then it only focuses on the occult (obviously). Without over Halloween reflecting levels to compliment it, it just seems redundant in its attempts to give a Halloween theme.

This is one of my favourite ever Everybody Edits levels, and I think it should have been campaigned a lot sooner. It was created during the Hallowe'en Contest back in the day, and was purposely never submitted, but it's an amazing level. and I would say definitely Hallowe'en-based.

Devlin wrote:

I have no disrespect to any of these levels. All of them were fun and I enjoyed playing them. Furthermore, they really did compliment each other gameplay wise. They were all unique and different to what you’d expect from a standard level. But they just do so much injustice of representing what is supposed to be the spooky season.

I appreciate that, and I understand your concerns. Nevertheless, the priority for me in creating these campaigns is that they're fun, so I'm glad I managed that at least. I'm sorry they don't do Hallowe'en justice.

Devlin wrote:

I’d like to throw this question out to people: if you were playing these levels for the first time and they were not in the campaign, would you have associated them with Halloween? I’ve played both tiers 1 and 2 before and I didn’t link either of them to Halloween when doing so. When viewing each level individually they should be screaming Halloween to you which this campaign fails to do.

There are more Hallowe'en-based levels out there, but of inferior quality when it comes to creativity and gameplay. I had other levels under consideration for this, and landed on these ones.

Devlin wrote:

This campaign honestly feels like the decision to remake it was made before the levels were found. As a result any fun level that even had the smallest of link to it was added. This is not how campaigns should be made. The theme is important and should not be neglected as it has been here. Especially if it’s a seasonal campaign and especially if it’s a remake.

It's true the decision to remake was made before the levels were decided (but not before they were found). The levels were all on the potential campaign levels list, and had passed the criteria to be campaign levels. Annoyingly, the campaign ended up needing to be released 2 weeks before I had planned to release it, so it's true that some of the decisions were rushed more than others.

Devlin wrote:

Furthermore I feel like this was only done in the first place because the staff wants to keep the impression that they are updating the game but struggled for a new theme for a campaign.

This is simply untrue. We have numerous campaigns in the pipeline that we have planned, and campaigns are something that can be released in the interim between updates, not as replacements for updates.

Devlin wrote:

Finally, just throwing this out there: please don’t start remaking campaigns. It’s just not a good idea. The current campaigns are fine as they are; we’d just also like new ones.

This is the only campaign I intended to remake. The reasoning for this is that the previous Hallowe'en campaign is outdated, and 2 out of 4 of the levels within it are exploitable. If I were to re-release the previous campaign, I would need to update the levels, and most of the level creators have long-left the game. Many of these levels were made prior to some physics changes in the game, and a lot of the minigames in some of the levels are either skippable, easier, or simply done in alternative ways. The statement that "the current campaigns are fine as they are" is one I cannot agree with. The decision to "remake" this campaign was not made lightly, and I don't plan on doing it with any of the other campaigns.

Xenonetix-2.png

Wooted by: (3)

#8 2017-10-09 16:28:09

Xfrogman43

Why do you spell it hallowe'en? that triggers me

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#9 2017-10-09 16:57:07

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Xfrogman43 wrote:

Why do you spell it hallowe'en? that triggers me

Wikipedia wrote:

The word Halloween or Hallowe'en dates to about 1745 and is of Christian origin. The word "Hallowe'en" means "hallowed evening" or "holy evening". It comes from a Scottish term for All Hallows' Eve (the evening before All Hallows' Day). In Scots, the word "eve" is even, and this is contracted to e'en or een. Over time, (All) Hallow(s) E(v)en evolved into Hallowe'en. Although the phrase "All Hallows'" is found in Old English "All Hallows' Eve" is itself not seen until 1556.

Wooted by:

#10 2017-10-09 20:31:28

Xfrogman43

That's stupid

#11 2017-10-09 21:08:27

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Xfrogman43 wrote:

That's stupid

but you still use English on a regular basis. It may be stupid but we just have to go along with it 'cause it's a mess that can never be fixed. Just like this game.

#12 2017-11-09 07:34:34

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Due to popular demand, we have revamped and re-introduced the original Halloween Campaign. We fixed the exploits and the issues found within the levels, so they can all be completed. Aside from that, the only difference is that the Eyeball Smiley has been removed as a prize, and is now only available through the Hallowe'en 2017 Campaign, but if you wish to get the old badge, now's your chance! The campaign will be removed in approximately 1 week along with the 2017 edition of the campaign, and we will try to make sure they both return next year. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Xenonetix-2.png

#13 2017-11-09 15:32:41, last edited by Guest. (2017-11-09 15:33:12)

Guest.

Mega Lamb wrote:

Halloween Campaign

Mega Lamb wrote:

Hallowe'en 2017 Campaign

even you notice the stupid inconsistencies, why don't you do anything?

why not Halloween 2?

also what the **** is Hallowe'en

#14 2017-11-09 15:35:11

peace

Mega Lamb wrote:

Due to popular demand, we have revamped and re-introduced the original Halloween Campaign. We fixed the exploits and the issues found within the levels, so they can all be completed. Aside from that, the only difference is that the Eyeball Smiley has been removed as a prize, and is now only available through the Hallowe'en 2017 Campaign, but if you wish to get the old badge, now's your chance! The campaign will be removed in approximately 1 week along with the 2017 edition of the campaign, and we will try to make sure they both return next year. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

ah only a week left so @megalamb got a queastion will the contest blcoks be released before or after the week and what is exact dat eof removing both campaigns?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#15 2017-11-09 21:00:41

Xfrogman43

zyhrllos wrote:

also what the **** is Hallowe'en

Literally look up 3 posts

Wooted by:

#16 2017-11-09 23:41:25

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

peace wrote:

will the contest blocks be released before or after the week and what is exact date of removing both campaigns?

Definitely not before. Some blocks will be released sooner rather than later, while others won't be released for awhile. I doubt any are being released when the Hallowe'en version of Everybody Edits changes. The current plan is that, at the latest, both campaigns and the contest worlds will be removed by Sunday 19th November, if not before.

Xenonetix-2.png

#17 2017-11-10 15:33:27

peace

Mega Lamb wrote:
peace wrote:

will the contest blocks be released before or after the week and what is exact date of removing both campaigns?

Definitely not before. Some blocks will be released sooner rather than later, while others won't be released for awhile. I doubt any are being released when the Hallowe'en version of Everybody Edits changes. The current plan is that, at the latest, both campaigns and the contest worlds will be removed by Sunday 19th November, if not before.

k so you will add it when ti suits the best like the winte rblocks gonan be added with xmas.. godo to know im gonna finish the campaing then

peace.png

Wooted by:

#18 2017-11-12 22:03:09

peace

MEGALAMB last tier of 2017 camp doesnt have a winbrick help or the water part of the last mini is imposs

peace.png

#19 2017-11-12 22:07:32, last edited by LukeM (2017-11-12 22:08:07)

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:

MEGALAMB last tier of 2017 camp doesnt have a winbrick help or the water part of the last mini is imposs

Its definately possible, I've done it. If you post a screenshot of the bit youre stuck on I might be able to help.

#20 2017-11-13 16:06:49, last edited by peace (2017-11-13 16:12:09)

peace

ERHM u magnaged to broke the last tier of halloween 2017 since that part was too hard i go to 160 coins took the crown and the no grav but now im stuck

EDIT let me explian i got with no gravity to the last minigame with the 2 flue fireballs and flied in the portal the yellow arrow was pointing to and then i got stuck cuz of arrows (they hsould slowly let u fall in next portal to i guess the winroom)

peace.png

#21 2017-11-13 17:23:03

kreacher

Now you've added another halloween campaign can you add another puzzle one? It really triggers me it has a one in the name but there isn't another one.

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

#22 2017-11-14 04:26:44

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

kreacher wrote:

Now you've added another halloween campaign can you add another puzzle one? It really triggers me it has a one in the name but there isn't another one.

Puzzle Pack 2 is being worked on.

Xenonetix-2.png

Wooted by: (4)
Xenonetix1510630004683346

Board footer