Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-10-27 03:06:33

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: Should male be allowed to wear female smileys??

Xfrogman43 wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Prodigy wrote:

"Only for RPG world" My **** if males are going to wear female smileys. I mean do these smileys even have a gender? They only have names or labels but no gender. So what if its called girl, that is just its given name, not gender.

By that logic, could you argue that any fictional character has no gender? "It's just their name, appearance, voice, and preferred pronouns!" If you do that, you completely ignore context the author is trying to show the viewer. Similarly, pretending no smileys have any gender ignores the context the game staff are trying to represent with their smileys.

You don't need to compare to real world... its a flash game so compare it to something flashy

Hmm...okay...

4640848-the-flash-2014-wallpapers-desktop-backgrounds.jpg

Look at this guy. He's clearly male. Saying he has no gender is silly, just like saying that no smileys have gender is silly.

#27 2017-10-27 06:11:39, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2017-10-27 06:15:57)

XxAtillaxX

sex is biological
gender is societal

ez pz.

EDIT: also these people think they're heroes by effectively saying "nuh uh I won't call you by your preferred pronoun" oh how brave of you, yeah no it just makes you an ****.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#28 2017-10-27 08:08:49

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

maxi123 wrote:
Oray wrote:

lmao best topic ever
yess i can wear girl smiley now!

but pretending to be female you always could, didnt you?

yes that's the point

#29 2017-10-27 08:39:00, last edited by liammatey (2017-10-27 08:39:12)

liammatey

n they shalld not it is mean and sexis //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

back on the forums after over a year. deleted all of my old cringy posts that i could...

#30 2017-10-27 14:47:45

Emma333

Devlin wrote:

@Emma333 what’s the message you’re trying to get across with your post. You used some terminology that I’m not really familiar with and I just found it generally hard to read. From what I could make out I take it your point is that the question of if it’s okay for one gender to do something associated with another gender can only be answered by the gender it would associate with? (I probably worded that REALLY badly). Is it possible you could explain what you mean by assuming I know nothing without being patronising? Because I want to understand your point but your post doesn’t really make much sense to me.

I copied a cultural appropriation copypasta and replaces cultural with gender as joke and i didnt think people would take me serious. who cares what smiley you use

Pm me with anything math related please

Wooted by: (4)

#31 2017-10-27 15:10:43

XxAtillaxX

Emma333 wrote:

I copied a cultural appropriation copypasta and replaces cultural with gender as joke and i didnt think people would take me serious. who cares what smiley you use

I couldn't even tell and I got my PhD in gender studies last summer.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (2)

#32 2017-10-27 15:12:13

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Emma333 wrote:
Devlin wrote:

@Emma333 what’s the message you’re trying to get across with your post. You used some terminology that I’m not really familiar with and I just found it generally hard to read. From what I could make out I take it your point is that the question of if it’s okay for one gender to do something associated with another gender can only be answered by the gender it would associate with? (I probably worded that REALLY badly). Is it possible you could explain what you mean by assuming I know nothing without being patronising? Because I want to understand your point but your post doesn’t really make much sense to me.

Omg kek. I was going to say, it really didn't seem like an opinion you would hold so I was confused and worried at the same time //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#33 2017-10-27 17:22:02

Blackmask

can someone lock this

#34 2017-10-27 17:36:09

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Blackmask wrote:

can someone lock this

Yeah. I think forum mods and admins have the ability to lock any topic, as well as the topic owners themselves.

Wooted by:

#35 2017-10-27 18:35:29

Gosha

Blackmask wrote:

can someone lock this

why would i
I didn't expect this topic go so well, i want to see where will this discussion lead

i like drama, keeps forums some what alive

Wooted by:

#36 2017-10-27 20:48:32

Blackmask

Gosha wrote:
Blackmask wrote:

can someone lock this

why would i
I didn't expect this topic go so well, i want to see where will this discussion lead

*stupid discussion

#37 2017-10-27 20:52:13

Prodigy

N1KF wrote:
Prodigy wrote:

"Only for RPG world" My **** if males are going to wear female smileys. I mean do these smileys even have a gender? They only have names or labels but no gender. So what if its called girl, that is just its given name, not gender.

By that logic, could you argue that any fictional character has no gender? "It's just their name, appearance, voice, and preferred pronouns!" If you do that, you completely ignore context the author is trying to show the viewer. Similarly, pretending no smileys have any gender ignores the context the game staff are trying to represent with their smileys.

Except fictional characters are part of a story. They should have a gender. EE doesnt have a story line.

h0qIF0q.png

#38 2017-10-27 21:00:47

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Prodigy wrote:

Except fictional characters are part of a story. They should have a gender. EE doesnt have a story line.

That doesn't matter. Some smileys are supposed to represent gender. For example, https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/81/099_summergirl clearly meant to represent a female.

#39 2017-10-27 21:46:54

Gosha

Blackmask wrote:
Gosha wrote:
Blackmask wrote:

can someone lock this

why would i

*stupid discussion

It's your opinion.

#40 2017-10-27 22:14:18

Blackmask

Gosha wrote:
Blackmask wrote:
Gosha wrote:
Blackmask wrote:

can someone lock this

why would i

*stupid discussion

It's your opinion.

cmon its obvious that yes

plspls who cares if someone uses a smiley opposite to his gender, dude

.______________.

#41 2017-10-27 22:22:24

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Blackmask wrote:

A lot of people probably would, actually.

Wooted by:

#42 2017-10-27 22:22:53

Blackmask

N1KF wrote:
Blackmask wrote:

damn

Wooted by:

#43 2017-10-28 01:02:59

Prodigy

N1KF wrote:
Prodigy wrote:

That doesn't matter. Some smileys are supposed to represent gender. For example, https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/81/099_summergirl clearly meant to represent a female.

You bring a fair point. I think most things differently. I was going to say it could be a transgender male but it's too stupid.

h0qIF0q.png

#44 2017-10-28 08:03:21

Emma333

N1KF wrote:
Blackmask wrote:

Who??? No one on this forum apperantly, and i cannot imagine why anyone except for maybe a very few morons would care. And a very few does not equal a lot

Pm me with anything math related please

Wooted by:

#45 2017-10-28 08:18:15

Onjit
Website

I don't think anyone should be allowed to wear any smileys

smileys have rights too and it's immoral to debase them by appropriating their image so callously

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#46 2017-10-28 12:33:04, last edited by Offensive Ray (2017-10-28 12:33:45)

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

Blackmask wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Blackmask wrote:

damn

what's wrong with people tho, once somebody wants to see other people's opinion about a point and some people like you want to close the topics for no clear reason, closing or keeping the topic open goes to the owner of the topic unless it's offensive then admins of the forum close it, this one isn't offensive so i think this topic should stay opened.
like filip's problem about latif's avatar making topic, the decision goes to latif in the end as here the decision goes to gosha.

#47 2017-10-28 15:54:15

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Emma333 wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Blackmask wrote:

Who??? No one on this forum apperantly, and i cannot imagine why anyone except for maybe a very few morons would care. And a very few does not equal a lot

Yeah, you're right. However, I think feminists and insecure macho guys would care but we don't have many of those. That's why I said "would"—many people don't care about this game to begin with.

#48 2017-10-28 16:00:18

Blackmask

Oray wrote:
Blackmask wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Blackmask wrote:

damn

what's wrong with people tho, once somebody wants to see other people's opinion about a point and some people like you want to close the topics for no clear reason, closing or keeping the topic open goes to the owner of the topic unless it's offensive then admins of the forum close it, this one isn't offensive so i think this topic should stay opened.
like filip's problem about latif's avatar making topic, the decision goes to latif in the end as here the decision goes to gosha.

You are right but this question is totally stupid : players are free to wear all smiley, male or female. It does not go further

#49 2017-10-28 16:13:56

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

Blackmask wrote:
Oray wrote:
Blackmask wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Blackmask wrote:

damn

You are right but this question is totally stupid : players are free to wear all smiley, male or female. It does not go further

Stupid or not, everyone is free to ask whatever they want.

#50 2017-10-28 17:53:08

Blackmask

Oray wrote:
Blackmask wrote:
Oray wrote:
Blackmask wrote:
N1KF wrote:

damn

Stupid or not, everyone is free to ask whatever they want.

stupid

BobRove1509289344681706

Board footer