Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#176 2017-10-21 17:32:48

Zumza

Re: Mafia 16 [TIE]

MatthijsFidder wrote:
jkdrip wrote:
MatthijsFidder wrote:
jkdrip wrote:

Still not sure Alek knows he's playing. Matt, did you ever get a response from him?

I had sended a PM to him.

Has he replied to said PM?

Have you read rule 5?

Yes, and I think it has no connection with the question asked.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#177 2017-10-21 17:45:36

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

HeyNK wrote:

N1KF, you are not reading my points, why do you think onjit is town?

I haven't seen convincing evidence that he's town or otherwise. I'm keeping him around the middle in my Scale right now.

Zumza wrote:

You're overreading things now.

No, what you said was genuinely suspicious. I'm not overreading it. You pretty much said you know why Emalton was killed. That's not something we can just ignore, and that's especially something you can't ignore.

Let's look at it again:

The fact that Emalton's vote was discredited also resulted in his death.

Emphasis added. You're clearly saying that because Emalton didn't vote properly, he got killed as a direct result of that, rather than the few other reasons Emalton could have been killed. There is no other interpretation I can think of right now.

If you have this insider knowledge about why Emalton was killed, please let us know more so we can find out who killed Emalton. And if it's just clumsy phrasing, please just say so instead of using the weak defense "Stop analyzing me!"

You think you're right but you're on the wrong track in my opinion. I suggest you calm down before you'll do a mistake.

I am calm. I just like to throw lots of weird ideas out there in case one happens to catch on with the town. Besides lurkers (which is why I originally voted for you), do you have any better ideas as to who is scum?

Wooted by:

#178 2017-10-21 18:01:34

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

Current votecount:

Nolynch: Alek5andar
MartenM: jkdrip
Onjit: HeyNK
Zumza: N1KF
N1KF: Zumza

6 votes needed for majority

#179 2017-10-21 18:03:43

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:

Somehow this game went from "one post every few minutes" to "one post every hour" instantly.

Well duh, you have to factor in time zones and how a lot of people are busy during the day. You don't exactly see Onjit complaining that no one is posting when he is online.

HeyNK wrote:

Not voting me because I'm scum, but because I'm annoying

On a day when you have no clue who is scum and scum hunting almost always doesn't work, lynching for that reason is perfectly valid to me.

HeyNK wrote:

Still think its a good move to lynch onjit today tho since he has no town motivation going for him, I want him dead 100% before LYLO.

You seem pretty confident that Onjit is scum. Like beyond any doubt kind of confidence. Mind explaining why you feel so strongly this way?

HeyNK wrote:

maybe scum will shoot devlin

I certainly hope not. If I do die, then I will personally blame you because either you would have given them the idea or it was your choice to do so :3

HeyNK wrote:

Why do you suspect jkdrip?

Yeah let me explain that, dude: his push on me d1 was forced,

Was my vote forced also? You seem to criticise both Onjit and jkdrip for voting for you but no one else from me onwards? In my opinion, I think that if Onjit did not start that wagon then jkdrip would have done. His vote was not forced.

HeyNK wrote:

looks like I'll be achieving conftown status shortly.

Lol, you're really not. If anything your last few posts have made me more suspicious of you. A lack of posts doesn't mean no one has anything to say against your points, it just means no one is online at that time.

jkdrip wrote:

It might also be a tad skewed because bloody half the folk playing are lurking.

I disagree with this. Some players are not lurking they just generally aren't as vocal. I don't actually think anyone is currently staying quiet on purpose. They just either feel like they have nothing to add or just aren't active enough. Though I do agree that these people should be considered as lynch targets because the higher the active voting to non-voting ratio we have, the better the town has of actually getting lynches in.

N1KF wrote:

Like some one (hummerz? Devlin? I forgot) said, it's because that townsfolk don't want to deal with that.

It's cute that you associate me and hummerz together, almost as if we are the same threat person to you.

N1KF wrote:

Like I said earlier, I wasn't being that aggressive.

You kinda were.

@Slabdrill thanks for giving your scum reads. As I said, if you have nothing else to add, just do one of those once every mafia day.

Zumza wrote:

In the game of Mafia I believe that intuition is more often better than logic.

From my experience, intuition leads to almost being right but just missing the mark. It isn't a simple case of using logic or intuition but rather both at once. If your intuition says something and you find logic to back it up then you know you're on to something.

N1KF wrote:

I doubt a werewolf would be that clumsy so I'm getting hunter vibes

Are you seriously suggesting that jkdrip is the hunter and would kill Emalton for not putting his vote in bold...?

Zumza wrote:

You're overreading things now.

I agree with this @N1KF. I think that may be the reason you were so quick to attack me. You want to be the person to find scum and as a result you see scum in everybody.

Zumza wrote:

Yes, and I think it has no connection with the question asked.

I think Matt was more saying not to quote him, as in don't click the quote button on his forum posts...

Just sayin', what's with these Kirbys being so hectic?

Also can someone please explain to me why hummerz and Onjit are looking so scummy? Multiple people have mentioned them both in passing and as vote candidates. I just don't see how they have done anything remotely scummy and I'm getting strong town vibes from them, especially hummerz. I wouldn't want to inhibit the town by adamantly defending either of them if everyone else sees scum in them, so a proper explanation on them would be appreciated.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#180 2017-10-21 18:05:00

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Compiling a list of who is willing to vote for who, based on isolated posts. Obviously I'll probably get some of it wrong since I'm no psychic, so take this with a grain of salt.

Hidden text

Based on this list, here's the frequency of every name (order is as they appear in the top of this post for my personal convenience to make making this easier):

Hidden text

MATT: RULE 5 REFERS TO PRIVATE MESSAGES AND THREADS. PUBLIC INFORMATION IS GENERALLY QUOTABLE.

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

#181 2017-10-21 18:14:17

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Onjit's lurking, his only real action this game is sparking the wagon on HeyNK d1. hummerz5 seems to be playing rather passive this game. I wouldn't put either of them on one side or another, personally.

Wooted by:

#182 2017-10-21 18:27:45

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

@jkdrip I made a list with most scummy at the top and least scummy at the bottom based on your list. I also applied 2 points to the first part and 1 point to the maybe.

I also factored in that I am also willing to vote for HeyNK but not at all Zumza.

- Most likely to be lynched -
MartenM: 10 points.
Onjit: 7 points.
N1KF / HeyNK: 6 points.
Devlin / Slabdrill / Zumza: 5 points.
Alek / hummerz: 4 points.
jkdrip: 2 points.
- Least likely to be lynched -

Lol congratz jkdrip, you are the most trusted person here! Also, Alek is much lower than I expected. Marten and Onjit actually seem like our most likely lynch targets right now with the 2 Kirbys close behind.

Based on that, I'd also be willing to lynch Onjit if the rest of the town genuinely thinks he is scum. (So I guess that makes Onjits points at 9, only 1 behind Marten).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#183 2017-10-21 18:34:09

Zumza

N1KF wrote:

Let's look at it again:

The fact that Emalton's vote was discredited also resulted in his death.

Emphasis added. You're clearly saying that because Emalton didn't vote properly, he got killed as a direct result of that, rather than the few other reasons Emalton could have been killed. There is no other interpretation I can think of right now.

I didn't meant as a direct result, more like a contributing effect. Perhaps I should had used "contributed" than "resulted" in the first place.
The fact that his vote was canceled indisputably drag attention over him and a town town lynch would indubitable had consequence in mafia's temperament.

N1KF wrote:
Zumza wrote:

You think you're right but you're on the wrong track in my opinion. I suggest you calm down before you'll do a mistake.

[...] using the weak defense "Stop analyzing me!"

It's not about that, it's that you're quick to drag conclusions, and which because you're not calculating them quickly renounce them too. And if they're responded it's like your heart starts to ponder in you to drag even more.

N1KF wrote:

I just like to throw lots of weird ideas out there in case one happens to catch on with the town. Besides lurkers (which is why I originally voted for you), do you have any better ideas as to who is scum?

You sir are not a confirmed townie so stop acting like one. In previous posts with Devlin you've used collective pronouns like "we" referencing "town" which him was deliberately excluded from, and also shamelessly denouncing to whoever you voted as werewolf.
Your attitude starts giving you no more credit, as well with Devlin as with me you're now looking for somebody else to start a bandwagon on.

#184 2017-10-21 18:53:49

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

jkdrip wrote:

Prod him, and if he doesn't respond in, say, 24 hours then modkill him.

AnatolyEE is going to be unbanned on 26th october at 15:00 CEST. He will tomorrow at 18:00 CEST replaced back if Alek5andar don't post.
I modkill MartenM if he don't post before 10:30 CEST if there are no backups.

#185 2017-10-21 18:54:27

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Devlin wrote:

Lol, you're really not. If anything your last few posts have made me more suspicious of you. A lack of posts doesn't mean no one has anything to say against your points, it just means no one is online at that time.

Maybe the seer should check HeyNK day/night 2.

It's cute that you associate me and hummerz together, almost as if we are the same threat person to you.

Comments like these make me wonder why people aren't more concerned about you.

You kinda were.

Sure, I technically started it, but you brought attention to it. Since I had no better scum reads early Day 2 I just kept responding to most of the concerns and assumptions you had in your essays. Even when you suddenly stopped, I didn't push for further responses and suggested you stop before you make yourself look scummier to the town. I'd say it was fairly balanced, if not in your favour.

Are you seriously suggesting that jkdrip is the hunter and would kill Emalton for not putting his vote in bold...?

You mean Zumza? I'm going to assume you mean Zumza. Yeah, now that you put it that way, it does sound kind of silly. But Emalton's bad vote ended up causing HeyNK not to get lynched so there's that... which, if my Devlin/HeyNK/Zumza speculated teamup is true, one of those three is likely not to part of it since there's been quite a bit of conflicting evidence so far.

I think that may be the reason you were so quick to attack me. You want to be the person to find scum and as a result you see scum in everybody.

Nope. jkdrip, hummerz, and Slabdrill as of Day 2 give me mostly town vibes. Most of my other suggested lynches (Anatoly and MartenM) were for being inactive and unhelpful in werewolf hunting. So far, you, HeyNK, and Zumza are my biggest scum targets.

If you want further N1KF/Devlin discussion, then be my guest. Here are my concerns:

• You asked Zumza a question. You vote for Zumza less than three hours later for not responding to your question. Pretty aggressive if you ask me. Then you backpedal Day 2 thinking Zumza is town. Interestingly you aren't as aggressive towards HeyNK. You have yet to explain why you were more aggressive towards Day 1 Zumza than Day 2 Zumza or HeyNK.

• You openly ponder why Emalton was killed, almost as if to bring the attention off yourself. If I recall correctly, you were the only user to do this.

• You easily got provoked by my concerns that you might be scum. I think townsfolk would be more confident than that.

Zumza wrote:

I didn't meant as a direct result, more like a contributing effect. Perhaps I should had used "contributed" than "resulted" in the first place.

Okay, I'm glad things were cleared up. But next time, clear up misunderstandings before you bring attention to yourself like that.

In previous posts with Devlin you've used collective pronouns like "we" referencing "town" which him was deliberately excluded from, and also shamelessly denouncing to whoever you voted as werewolf.

I don't recall doing that. I've said stuff like "you look scummy" and "this would be a good thing for a werewolf to do" but I've yet to say anybody's definitively or clearly a werewolf. Also, I guess I haven't paid much attention as to how I use "we" so I'll look out for that more.

Your attitude starts giving you no more credit, as well with Devlin as with me you're now looking for somebody else to start a bandwagon on.

I'm okay with bandwagons. We haven't killed off any scum so the votes could be influenced by them. However, with six votes required, I don't think there will be lynches soon so semi-aggressive yet speculative play is helpful I think. Or maybe I'm just bad at this game.

#186 2017-10-21 18:55:30

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

AnatolyEE is active on Discord.

#187 2017-10-21 18:57:15

Zumza

In my opinion it would be fait to pause the game until he's unbanned / Alek5andar replies.

#188 2017-10-21 19:03:59

Zumza

MatthijsFidder wrote:

So? The rules specify we shouldn't talk with other players in other means that this thread.

#189 2017-10-21 19:05:09

Zumza

inb4 you get triggered again because I quoted your post

#190 2017-10-21 19:05:33

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

Zumza wrote:
MatthijsFidder wrote:

So? The rules specify we shouldn't talk with other players in other means that this thread.

It is a private daytalk on discord.

#191 2017-10-21 19:09:10

Zumza

636230452938820316-843363263_flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Wooted by: (2)

#192 2017-10-21 19:39:40

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:

Comments like these make me wonder why people aren't more concerned about you.

What, that I make petty snarky comments regarding you as scum in response to your aggression towards me?

N1KF wrote:

You asked Zumza a question. You vote for Zumza less than three hours later for not responding to your question. Pretty aggressive if you ask me. Then you backpedal Day 2 thinking Zumza is town.

You say the 3 hours later part as though that was even a factor in the vote. Me placing the pressure vote on Zumza had nothing to do with the amount of time I was giving him to reply to the question but rather that he posted during that time without answering it. I stopped being aggressive towards Zumza because what little suspicion I had has since died. The vote was never placed with the intent to start a wagon, why is it taking you so long to understand that even though I have clarified my vote several times.

N1KF wrote:

Interestingly you aren't as aggressive towards HeyNK. You have yet to explain why you were more aggressive towards Day 1 Zumza than Day 2 Zumza or HeyNK.

I've answered it about Zumza multiple times. And in case you haven't noticed, I still think HeyNK is a good candidate for a lynch. Re-read all the stuff I said about HeyNK in post #179. I have clearly called him out on his foolery several times in that post. Pay specific attention to where I criticise "the Kirbys". That means you (N1KF) and HeyNK. I'm fairly certain that makes it clear that HeyNK would be the next person I'd lynch after you if it was solely my choice. So either you are again twisting what I am saying to give a false impression of me or you just generally fail to interpret what I say.

N1KF wrote:

You openly ponder why Emalton was killed, almost as if to bring the attention off yourself. If I recall correctly, you were the only user to do this.

You recall very incorrectly my friend. I have only made 1 post where I myself question what caused Emalton's death. The other post about his death was in response to your illogical questioning that Zumza is the hunter and wasted his kill on bold text. If anything, you are the one who has brought up Emalton the most.

N1KF wrote:

You easily got provoked by my concerns that you might be scum. I think townsfolk would be more confident than that.

I was not taking you too seriously until the start of day 2. At that point, you had pointed my finger enough times that I felt the need to address your concerns about me properly. You seem to think that people are just going to ignore you when you make accusations that you apparently aren't even serious about. So I suggest you stop making half the town look scummy by making up wild theories about them. It really isn't helping.

N1KF wrote:

I've said stuff like "you look scummy" and "this would be a good thing for a werewolf to do" but I've yet to say anybody's definitively or clearly a werewolf.

That does not matter. Simply implying someone is scum is enough to show your opinion on them. You don't have to say something specific to mean something specific.

Zumza wrote:

In my opinion it would be fait to pause the game until he's unbanned / Alek5andar replies.

I'd be up for that if anyone else is. I'm fairly certain many people felt this game started too soon anyway. Doing this would not only give them a fair chance to play without persecution but also reduce the chance we screw up if lynching them turns out to be a bad idea. A fault with lynching them is that it is reasonable to do so. As such it would be almost impossible to gain any information from who voted for him as it would be a good idea for both townie and scum to do so.

Let's be honest here, Anatoly may not be the most experienced and rule-abiding mafia player, but he is definitely active if the rest of the forums has anything to say so I am sure he would be fairly active here too. We also have no idea what Alek is like so for all we know he could be a genius mastermind mafia player and lead us to lynch 1 scum every day. Whether or not we pause for the game for this I'm not really too fussed. But it would still be nice to do so. If we do pause, it should happen at the end of day 2 as to not kill the flow of the day.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#193 2017-10-21 19:46:37

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

!votecount

I agree with extended n2 btw

suddenly random sig change

#194 2017-10-21 21:21:21, last edited by RailMat (2017-10-21 21:22:44)

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

Current votecount:

Nolynch: Alek5andar
MartenM: jkdrip
Onjit: HeyNK
Zumza: N1KF
N1KF: Zumza

6 votes needed for majority

No chances this time.

#195 2017-10-21 22:25:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Matt what do you mean by “no chances this time”? Do you mean no changes? If not then I am very confused.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#196 2017-10-21 22:39:32

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

Devlin wrote:

Matt what do you mean by “no chances this time”? Do you mean no changes? If not then I am very confused.

I mean that there are no chances in the votecount.

And I make Night 2 that it end at 26th October because then is AnatolyEE's ban exphired.

#197 2017-10-21 22:49:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Also why is marten staying quiet? He has literally been threatened with a mod kill and still isn’t talking. Regardless of his faction now is the time to speak. But his continuous silence is doing him no favours and he is slowly rising in scumminess for me.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#198 2017-10-21 23:41:34

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Matt, your explanation still doesn't make sense. Saying there are no chances in the vote count is the same as saying there are no opportunities in the votecount. See why we're confused?

#199 2017-10-21 23:51:00

HeyNK

Hey! Welcome to HEYNK's POST OF THE DAY!

He means no changes //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink)

First on the agenda, when people get mad at me for saying "onjit is scum", you need to take a chill pill, thats just like, my interpretation of the facts given to me, man! But I'm not going to stop pushing for his lynch on any given day until he starts towntelling.

!vote N1KF

You need more pressure. I like devlin.

#200 2017-10-21 23:53:24

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

HeyNK, instead of us taking a chill pill, can you feed us a pill that lets us know why you think Onjit is scum?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Harmonious1509303505681734

Board footer