Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#126 2017-10-20 20:47:06

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 16 [TIE]

N1KF wrote:

Or it could just be that we're both townies and you happened to make a few mistakes. I know I've been suspicious of you but I've yet to definitively suggest you're scum. I'm open to evidence that you're innocent.

This almost sounds as if you are backpedalling.

N1KF wrote:

If I were scum there would be quite a few other users that would be easier to target. Nobody even considered you might be scum until I pointed it out.

Yes but the point is you view me as a more valuable target as you have mentioned many times. As a result, it would be pointless getting others killed if it is me specifically that you see as a threat. Also, do you know why no one thought I was scum until you pointed it out? It's because nothing was scummy about me. All my posts were made with intent to help the town and not a single one could have been argued that the intention was to inhibit it. But now, my attention has to be a little more focused on defending myself due to this pointless are poor founded argument you have put against me.

N1KF wrote:

I decided Marten was taking too long to post. Then people gave good explanations as to how Anatoly wasn't helping the town, so I thought that I may as well vote for him instead.

How about then, instead of throwing your vote around, you give yourself some time to think and hear others points of view before you go on the offensive?

N1KF wrote:

Whether or not I'm innocent, my role and interactions alone would probably be strong evidence towards the identity of the werewolves since I've meaningfully interacted with nearly every player.

Lol, no you haven't. You've had no way of interacting with the lurkers enough for us to draw any conclusions about your relationship with them. And just because you've said a few nice things and a few bad things about people it doesn't mean you are on their side or against them. It's common for scum to vote for each other or heavily defend a random townie because it makes us think they are not associated with the people we think they are. As a result, many scum would be more trusted and an innocent townie could be wrongfully lynched. The only repercussions of you being or not being innocent is whether or not after you die, I am the next one to be lynched. I highly doubt anyone connects dots between you and any other player here besides myself.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#127 2017-10-20 20:54:01

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

I believe devlin more than n1kf, as n1kf started the aggression. Anyone openly persistently attacking someone for no reason is strange to me.

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by: (2)

#128 2017-10-20 21:27:45

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Devlin wrote:

This almost sounds as if you are backpedalling.

Nope. I've been this pragmatic for a while. Check out this post made a while ago:

N1KF wrote:

If I misinterpret something you say, feel free to respond, but so far I'm getting quite a few suspicious vibes from you. Even if I took apart the posts from other users, I don't think I could get as many signs from other plays than I did you. But you do post a lot, so I guess that's a slight town implication. Do you have any better ideas who is scum?

Devlin wrote:

Yes but the point is you view me as a more valuable target as you have mentioned many times. As a result, it would be pointless getting others killed if it is me specifically that you see as a threat.

That makes sense.

Also, do you know why no one thought I was scum until you pointed it out? It's because nothing was scummy about me. All my posts were made with intent to help the town and not a single one could have been argued that the intention was to inhibit it. But now, my attention has to be a little more focused on defending myself due to this pointless are poor founded argument you have put against me.

You aren't forced to defend yourself by responding to everything I say. You say you look innocent, yet you're acting like you're guilty and need to prove yourself worthy to the town. Surely somebody will call me out if I'm being unfair towards you.

How about then, instead of throwing your vote around, you give yourself some time to think and hear others points of view before you go on the offensive?

Good idea.

You've had no way of interacting with the lurkers enough for us to draw any conclusions about your relationship with them.

Compared to some other players, I've added loads to the game. The info from my death would probably help the town more than say, Anatoly's death which people seemed to want.

And just because you've said a few nice things and a few bad things about people it doesn't mean you are on their side or against them. It's common for scum to vote for each other or heavily defend a random townie because it makes us think they are not associated with the people we think they are. As a result, many scum would be more trusted and an innocent townie could be wrongfully lynched. The only repercussions of you being or not being innocent is whether or not after you die, I am the next one to be lynched. I highly doubt anyone connects dots between you and any other player here besides myself.

I were a werewolf, I'm pretty sure I'd have left at least one slip towards who my fellow teammates are.

Slabdrill wrote:

Anyone openly persistently attacking someone for no reason is strange to me.

At this point I'm just responding to the concerns he has, not attacking him. He's brought up some good points, so I'm somewhat neutral towards him right now but he's still one of the scummier players since most of the others haven't given me enough evidence to assume they might be guilty.

#129 2017-10-20 21:44:55

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Welcome, Alek. Please read through the 6 pages so far, and tell us what you think.
If you are confused on how to play this game, please ask questions.

As for the whole N1KF/Devlin thing, N1KF's reasoning seems mostly shoddy to me. HOWEVER, N1KF alluded to a power role, so I'll have to side with him.

Here's my scumreads, top being the most scummy. Keep in mind I look mainly at usefulness (aka voting/posting thoughts) and behaviour whilst scumhunting.

Hidden text

Hopefully Alek will be more pro-town than Anatoly. I guess I can put my vote somewhere now as well.

!vote MartenM

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

Wooted by:

#130 2017-10-20 21:55:12, last edited by RailMat (2017-10-20 22:21:44)

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

Current votecount:

Nolynch: Alek5andar
MartenM: jkdrip,
Alek5andar: N1KF

6 votes needed for majority

#131 2017-10-20 22:03:04

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I'm pretty sure my vote is still on Alek5andar.

#132 2017-10-20 22:06:36

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:

Oh yeah sure, lynch the new guy. How nice.

And yes, it would be nice to hear Marten and Onjit say more though I think there is more pressure on marten since he didn't vote during day 1.

Also @Slabdrill you never actually gave proper scum reads, only your brief thoughts on the most present situation.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#133 2017-10-20 22:11:04

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Devlin wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Oh yeah sure, lynch the new guy. How nice.

My vote was on Anatoly for generally being useless. While I don't support lynching Alek5andar right now, Alek hasn't posted yet so I don't a reason to change my vote.

#134 2017-10-20 22:20:15

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

jkdrip wrote:

Keep in mind I look mainly at usefulness (aka voting/posting thoughts) and behaviour whilst scumhunting.

That's interesting. I feel like lynching active players can help just as much because we get lots of scumhunting info out of what they said.

#135 2017-10-20 22:25:43

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Here are my scum reads as of right now btw. They are not in a conveniently helpful order though :3

Zumza - I'm currently thinking town but I can't really tell since they are not posting enough.
HeyNK - Can't really tell. Hasn't said anything since the start of day 2. I'd still be willing to lynch since I don't see them as too valuable to the town based on their actions day 1.
Emalton - As dead as a door nail. Mind! I don't mean to say that I know, of my own knowledge, what there is particularly dead about a door-nail. I might have been inclined, myself, to regard a coffin-nail as the deadest piece of ironmongery in the trade. But the wisdom of our ancestors is in the simile; and my unhallowed hands shall not disturb it, or the Country's done for. You will therefore permit me to repeat, emphatically, that Emalton is as dead as a door-nail.
Slabdrill - Lurking. They still haven't given proper scum reads despite being asked to so I'm slightly suspicious of that. I'm still willing to lynch Slabdrill and leaning slightly scummy.
MartenM - Also lurking and doesn't seem to vote too much either. There's nothing too suspicious about them other than that though. However, if we want to lynch someone to attempt to eliminate a scum without risking losing much, marten is our default to turn to.
Alek5andar - I want to see them speak first before we judge them. I don't think Anatoly's actions were suspicious or scummy as I believe he just really didn't actually want to play and hence he acted the way he did.
jkdrip - Town. I trust jkdrip the most here due to their actions being strongly of town intent and finding that I agree with a lot of what he is saying. I just hope that it doesn't turn out he's been manipulating this trust (which I doubt he is).
Onjit - I also think they are town. Whilst they have not said much, what little they have said has seemed for the benefit of the town. I would like to see them post more but for now, I trust them.
N1KF - I am the most suspicious of you based on your suspicion of me. I'm willing to let this slide for now and hopefully, we can settle our differences by tomorrow. I also find that some of your opinions differ from the majority but I suppose it's healthy for the town to have a bit of diversity.
hummerz5 - I also trust them. I see them as town as not a single thing they have done has been towards anything but helping the town.

Devlin - Come to think of it I don't actually trust this guy. I get the feeling they are impersonating mutantdevle.

MatthijsFidder - I get the sense that blod will be spilt if people keep forgetting to bold their votes.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#136 2017-10-20 22:37:15

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Devlin wrote:

But the wisdom of our ancestors is in the simile; and my unhallowed hands shall not disturb it, or the Country's done for.

IMPROPER USAGE OF A SEMICOLON

#137 2017-10-20 22:38:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:
Devlin wrote:

But the wisdom of our ancestors is in the simile; and my unhallowed hands shall not disturb it, or the Country's done for.

BLAME DICKENS NOT ME.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#138 2017-10-20 22:42:51

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Devlin wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Devlin wrote:

BLAME DICKENS NOT ME.

YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN DIVERT OUR ATTENTION LIKE THAT? COMMON SCUM TACTIC.

#139 2017-10-20 22:45:04

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I'm not sure if you got the joke but the whole Emalton is dead message is taken from one of the first lines in the novel "A Christmas carol" by Charles Dickens where he explains the character Marley is dead to begin with. Not sure if you were getting that or it your above post was also a joke but explaining it just in case.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#140 2017-10-20 23:28:40

Onjit
Website

Why is Alek's vote still on nolynch? Alek didnt choose that, Anatoly did.

Also while the Emalton vote not counting is bs, I guess at least its following the predetermined rules.

---

As for who I think is scum, I'd say theres one of N1KF>Devlin>Hummus

While I'd like to vote for MartenM because lurkers just drag the game out, I'd encourage our boi Matthis to ping him fist and get a replacement if necessary

I'm going to be out for most of the day unfortunately but I'll try to post when i can

:.|:;

#141 2017-10-21 00:55:14

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

HeyNK and Marten haven't posted for two days.

#142 2017-10-21 02:54:36

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Somehow this game went from "one post every few minutes" to "one post every hour" instantly.

#143 2017-10-21 03:39:57

HeyNK

Hey whats up sweetie im writing a post~!

#144 2017-10-21 03:54:16

HeyNK

Hummerz is town. Slabdrill null. jkdrip scumlean. N1KF is worrying me but probtown.

Let me also add that emalton is quite possibly the worst kill mafia could have made, so let's not worry about why they did it and just be grateful that they're as stupid as they are. I cannot fathom why scum killed someone who probably would have just lurked out D2 and gotten mislynched later down the road.

#145 2017-10-21 04:01:57

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

HeyNK wrote:

jkdrip scumlean.

Nobody so far has suspected jkdrip. Please explain.

Let me also add that emalton is quite possibly the worst kill mafia could have made, so let's not worry about why they did it and just be grateful that they're as stupid as they are. I cannot fathom why scum killed someone who probably would have just lurked out D2 and gotten mislynched later down the road.

This would be a useful thing for scum to say to bring the attention off of them. Devlin was all like "I wonder why the scum did that!" while you're also all like "Scum must be stupid for doing that!" And yes, I'm like totally becoming a valley girl.

Thank you for finally responding to one of my requests though. Still, you didn't explain what you thought about Devlin.

#146 2017-10-21 04:08:51

HeyNK

!vote Onjit

-- First of all this is scum, wagon this. If you must know why, look at his terrible and opportunistic jump on my wagon yesterday. Not voting me because I'm scum, but because I'm annoying? Read: I am an easy mislynch target in the current situation, better take advantage of this and appeal to town~!

Zuzuma nullread idk, martenM true null, ffs dont lynch this today, there's much better lynches to be had. read:onjit, whoever else i said i forgot already

Devlin - actually leaning town on this??? not sure what people are seeing against him. I mean I am seeing genuine concern in his posts as opposed to N1KF. If you want to know where it was about the lurkers i think,, Still think its a good move to lynch onjit today tho since he has no town motivation going for him, I want him dead 100% before LYLO. We can (reasonably in a world where scum doesnt kill lurkers) assume that someone that someone else is scumreading is going to die tonight since reads are all over the place atm. Who knows, maybe scum will shoot devlin and we'll learn something there. (but its prob just me cause im conftownning tbh)

slabdrill wrote:

I believe devlin more than n1kf, as n1kf started the aggression. Anyone openly persistently attacking someone for no reason is strange to me.

... but then there's posts that just suck like this where slabdrill condemns town play? I mean i think i get what you mean insofar as that n1kf is just tunneling with weak reasoning(?) was(?) whatever man. ~.

btw if you wonder why I haven't posted its cause i go to uni all day and only access this site at home~~. When I want to offend people I use a lot of ~~~ to sound like an anime girl. ~~~~~. ~~~~~~~~~~~~

PEDIT: Yeah knew someone would post "well maybe you killed the lurker for the wifom" GUESS WHAT DUDE, ALL NIGHTKILL ANALYSIS IS WIFOM GET USED TO IT.

#147 2017-10-21 04:15:24

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

"wagon this" Not until you're a CONFIRMED townie, sir, which you are not.

It seems the actives are caught between a N1KF, Devlin, or Marten lynch. I'm only comfortable with the Marten lynch. Nobody else has mentioned Onjit yet. The Emalton kill tells me that scum are newer players, heightening the Marten scumness.

#148 2017-10-21 04:20:39

HeyNK

suggestion: use

[h]

tags to make your votes, its very noticable.

Why do you suspect jkdrip?

Yeah let me explain that, dude: his push on me d1 was forced,

All these scumreads are nice and all, but we have to consider lynching those that don't vote, since if town is left with non-voters it's an easy win for mafia. For this reason, and since Slabdrill seems to have returned, my top lynch candidate today would have to be Anatoly.

This is a horrible post "Lets kill lurkers instead of scumhunting, guys"

He also does the thing where he ironically puts himself on the top of his scumlist - that comes from scum more often then town, even the defense is always "it was just ironic bro, you trying to push on me for weak reasoning?? ur scum!" His top scumreads are lurkers. He is actively NOT playing the game in that sense -- advocating for lurker lynches instead of scummy ppl, and while he notes onjit's bad post, he puts him quite high on the list in the town direction?? possible partners, even. Nice.

Furthermore doing the thing where he reads everyone as scummy to allow him to vote for anyone he wants/whoever it's convenient, instead of working with the tool of PoE by finding townreads AKA what town does to help solve the game.

PEDIT: I just realize emalton died and not anatoly.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

#149 2017-10-21 04:23:16

HeyNK

*checks watch* *reads posts* *looks up from newspaper* //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Alright good, looks like I'll be achieving conftown status shortly.

It seems the actives are caught between a N1KF, Devlin, or Marten lynch. I'm only comfortable with the Marten lynch. Nobody else has mentioned Onjit yet. The Emalton kill tells me that scum are newer players, heightening the Marten scumness.

Are you seriously citing what everybody else is thinking as a valid reason to lynch in that pool when it's a known fact that scum are in the game and yes, they are lying? You do realize it's scum's job to be concerned about "what town is currently thinking", right?

Wooted by:

#150 2017-10-21 04:44:36

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Yeah let me explain that, dude: his push on me d1 was forced,

Hardly. You were being and are currently being cocky. Want to come off as not cocky? Stop trying to lead town when you're not confirmed. I, like all other sane people, get annoyed by condescending and arrogant folk. In any case, it was a d1 lynch. Are you really trying to make a case against me for you being a ****?

All these scumreads are nice and all, but we have to consider lynching those that don't vote, since if town is left with non-voters it's an easy win for mafia. For this reason, and since Slabdrill seems to have returned, my top lynch candidate today would have to be Anatoly.

This is a horrible post "Lets kill lurkers instead of scumhunting, guys"

The math here is easy. Kill active townies, only inactive non-voting townies are left and scum won't get lynched. Kill inactive townies, the active folk will continue to lynch.

He also does the thing where he ironically puts himself on the top of his scumlist - that comes from scum more often then town, even the defense is always "it was just ironic bro, you trying to push on me for weak reasoning?? ur scum!" His top scumreads are lurkers. He is actively NOT playing the game in that sense -- advocating for lurker lynches instead of scummy ppl, and while he notes onjit's bad post, he puts him quite high on the list in the town direction?? possible partners, even. Nice.

Putting myself at the top of my own list is hardly an argument. If you can't take a joke, so be it. I've already explained my thoughts on targetting lurkers. I put Onjit in the town direction because I can explain his few actions from my perspective. It might also be a tad skewed because bloody half the folk playing are lurking.

Furthermore doing the thing where he reads everyone as scummy to allow him to vote for anyone he wants/whoever it's convenient, instead of working with the tool of PoE by finding townreads AKA what town does to help solve the game.

Maybe if people wouldn't LURK all the time so many people wouldn't be SCUMMY.

Harmonious1509303505681734

Board footer