Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2017-10-09 16:40:46

AnatolyEE
Banned
From: Unknown location
Joined: 2015-07-31
Posts: 3,060
Website

Remove: Minimodding, Spam (Minor)

[Argumentation from the German lesson]

I agree with the idea to remove minimodding and spam minor, because those are things people say without thinking. In big, hot discussions, where people start trouble with each other, it's good to moderate because the moderator is not always online. However, it should not look similar to troublemaking, where for example the phrase "You have not been allowed to say that, you will be banned" is more like hurting. Spam Minor is a warning which is also unrequired. It's too easy to break rules like do not post the charachter a. It's frequently that a person uses to be mistaken for a spammer, where he just was posting a thing he find funny.

Basically, remove them, their not needed.

Offline

#2 2017-10-09 16:43:05

MatthijsFidder
Member
From: The Netherlands - Emmen
Joined: 2017-05-22
Posts: 399

Re: Remove: Minimodding, Spam (Minor)

AnatolyEE wrote:

[Argumentation from the German lesson]

I agree with the idea to remove minimodding and spam minor, because those are things people say without thinking. In big, hot discussions, where people start trouble with each other, it's good to moderate because the moderator is not always online. However, it should not look similar to troublemaking, where for example the phrase "You have not been allowed to say that, you will be banned" is more like hurting. Spam Minor is a warning which is also unrequired. It's too easy to break rules like do not post the charachter a. It's frequently that a person uses to be mistaken for a spammer, where he just was posting a thing he find funny.

Basically, remove them, their not needed.

I don't agree it.
woot if you agree witch me.


Beta member on Everybody Edits
Matthijsfidder.jpg
First signature by AnatolyEE My badges by lrussell My real time where I living thx AnatolyEE for this signature
0f2A0ef.png

Online

#3 2017-10-09 16:54:53

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 4,458

Re: Remove: Minimodding, Spam (Minor)

It was okay when minimodding wasn't worth a warning point, people weren't abusing it, i agree

Offline

Wooted by:

#4 2017-10-09 16:58:46

N1KF
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 8,983

Re: Remove: Minimodding, Spam (Minor)

I feel like there's a lot worse people get away with than just minimodding and minor spam.


Fighting always results in something getting broken. Reasons don't change that.

Online

Wooted by:

#5 2017-10-09 16:59:06

AnatolyEE
Banned
From: Unknown location
Joined: 2015-07-31
Posts: 3,060
Website

Re: Remove: Minimodding, Spam (Minor)

MatthijsFidder wrote:

I don't agree it.
woot if you agree witch me.

agree, which me?

I know you have poetry skills,
but that doesn't make any sense.

Offline

#6 2017-10-09 17:15:01

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 4,458

Re: Remove: Minimodding, Spam (Minor)

AnatolyEE wrote:

agree, which me?

He clearly wanted to say "with me"

but he didn't give any constructive arguments against this idea so this is just a unsuccessful wootfarm

Offline

Wooted by:

#7 2017-10-09 18:02:41

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
From: canada
Joined: 2015-08-15
Posts: 1,905
Website

Re: Remove: Minimodding, Spam (Minor)

make minimodding and spam (minor) give you your warning point but a shortened (half length?) ban - it would help people not feel so heavily punished for a minor offense


I didn't like the big picture. Guess we're back to text.

Offline

#8 2017-10-09 18:27:21

XxAtillaxX
Member
From: Canada
Joined: 2015-11-28
Posts: 3,431
Website

Re: Remove: Minimodding, Spam (Minor)

The reason why the minor spam was added was to distinguish and offer a less severe warning than spam major which was originally just spam.

Offline

#9 2017-10-09 18:48:23

BuzzerBee
Forum Mod
From: Texas, U.S.A.
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 3,722
Website

Re: Remove: Minimodding, Spam (Minor)

Personally I think that there doesn’t necessarily need to be a minimodding warning but usually when people minimod they’ll say something like “This post doesn’t belong here” and nothing else, so it’s basically spam or an off-topic reply, which is warning-worthy.


TdQRyz3.png

?type=online&name=BuzzerBee     ?type=location&name=BuzzerBee     ?type=lastlogin&name=BuzzerBee
thx lrussell

Offline

#10 2017-10-09 19:07:50

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
From: canada
Joined: 2015-08-15
Posts: 1,905
Website

Re: Remove: Minimodding, Spam (Minor)

BuzzerBee wrote:

Personally I think that there doesn’t necessarily need to be a minimodding warning but usually when people minimod they’ll say something like “This post doesn’t belong here” and nothing else, so it’s basically spam or an off-topic reply, which is warning-worthy.

minimodding is already just Spam (Minor) (Minor) so...


I didn't like the big picture. Guess we're back to text.

Offline

#11 2017-10-09 19:28:14

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 4,458

Re: Remove: Minimodding, Spam (Minor)

BuzzerBee wrote:

Personally I think that there doesn’t necessarily need to be a minimodding warning but usually when people minimod they’ll say something like “This post doesn’t belong here” and nothing else, so it’s basically spam or an off-topic reply, which is warning-worthy.

I ones got a warning for posting a link to the correct topic

Offline

Wooted by:

#12 2017-10-09 19:31:44

hummerz5
Forum Mod
From: wait I'm not a secret mod huh
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 4,905

Re: Remove: Minimodding, Spam (Minor)

Gosha wrote:

I ones got a warning for posting a link to the correct topic

right, and this was the policy until recently-ish. We'd either lock or merge the dupe topic. However, you'd be better off spending your time reporting the topic for mods to deal with than making the post for mods to find, hence the minimodding essentially


g822aD5.gif
ibyQcoW.png
thanks zoey!
There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love - MLK
?type=lastlogin&name=hummerz5

Offline

#13 2017-10-10 21:03:32

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300
From: EE world
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 1,244

Re: Remove: Minimodding, Spam (Minor)

Tsk tsk tsk... *does a tsk pose*

Removing minimodding is not necessary. In fact, if you don't like that rule, how about you try to stop minimodding?

Last edited by BuzzerBee (2017-10-11 05:16:01)


Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif
user.php?id=NVD - user.php?id=NOU - user.php?id=TOOP - user.php?id=PROCESSOR - user.php?id=THANEL - user.php?id=MASTER1 - user.php?id=PHINAROSE

Offline

#14 2017-10-10 22:25:18

N1KF
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 8,983

Re: Remove: Minimodding, Spam (Minor)

Michele wrote:

Removing minimodding is not necessary. In fact, if you don't like that rule, how about you try to stop minimodding[...]?

By that logic we shouldn't question any of the rules. While it is Different's privilege (technically not a right) to create whatever rules he wants to, we're allowed to question them. Your post is kind of pointless.


Fighting always results in something getting broken. Reasons don't change that.

Online

Wooted by:

HG

#15 2017-10-11 07:32:04

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 1,542

Re: Remove: Minimodding, Spam (Minor)

Michele wrote:

Tsk tsk tsk... *does a tsk pose*

Removing minimodding is not necessary. In fact, if you don't like that rule, how about you try to stop minimodding?

Minimodding often happens by accident and is typically out of good will. I agree that it shouldn't give you any warning points unless it is also breaking some other rule.


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka504.png

Online

Wooted by:

#16 2017-10-11 10:14:04

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 4,458

Re: Remove: Minimodding, Spam (Minor)

Michele wrote:

Tsk tsk tsk... *does a tsk pose*

Removing minimodding is not necessary. In fact, if you don't like that rule, how about you try to stop minimodding?

"you won't get a warning if you don't talk"

Offline

Gosha1507713244680010

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1508528417.1775 - Generated in 0.084 seconds, 13 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.34 MiB (Peak: 1.53 MiB) ]