Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2017-09-25 23:19:01

Kira

Re: [Official] Everybody Edits Design Competition (Discussion Topic)

Benje00 wrote:

What's the point of trying when NSFW is just going to win?  /s

Isn't the role of a moderator to encourage the community and keeping it alive? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Wooted by: (4)

#52 2017-09-26 00:31:37

soniiiety

oh cool i bet anatoly will get a secound chance at graphic design yay please vote for anatoly hes way or equal to cola1  https://strawpoll.com/27932ffg please vote now i want anatoly to come back he's amazing also if he does i will join comp and he will join me and i will get one more person to join us probley capasha and jorc and misterion ill have to see also vote here if you want to join my team also add your username in comments https://strawpoll.com/cz8se3da

#53 2017-09-26 00:46:45

Taylor

How will minimap colors be decided? Will we be able to choose?

unknown.png

Wooted by: (3)

#54 2017-09-26 02:16:11

Lictor666

Benje00 wrote:

giphy.gif

Wooted by: (4)

#55 2017-09-26 03:36:05

Happyeditor

Is it fine to make a block pack that expands on the concept of another existing pack, as long as it still has its own theme?
How will we upload our graphics?
Are there any other guidelines on what we should do when designing blocks? (For instance, probably don’t redesign the existing blocks?)

#56 2017-09-26 03:59:36, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2017-09-26 04:08:27)

XxAtillaxX

XxAtillaxX wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Pretty important detail you guys left out of this... Exactly how does this block editor work? Do we need to be good at pixel art to make new block graphics for example? I have no idea because you guys haven't told us what the hell this block editing program is supposed to look like.

I've asked Jesse to create a visual demonstration of the in-game interface. If you're going to create artwork of any kind, optimally you should be good at it.

Happyeditor wrote:

Visual Demonstration of the Slot System provided by Jesse.

Unfortunately, I can't directly embed a video tag here without uploading the video to YouTube.
The background slots do exist, however they were just located in a separate block tab during development.

Taylor wrote:

It will be automatically generated from the images themselves, as the current blocks in-game (aside from the Chris-era blocks) have always been.

source

signature.png
*u stinky*

#57 2017-09-26 04:59:40

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Answering the questions Atilla didn't address:

Onjit wrote:

Hey if someone doesn't do anything to contribute to their team's world and they win, do they get the prizes?

As the Crews will be formed of all the accounts that are signed up within each team, if that team should win, all the Crew Members will receive the prizes, regardless of their contribution. Maybe don't team up with lazy people //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Charlie59876EE wrote:

i asked if you could make the graphics now and put them into the game later or if you can only use graphics made during the building phase

Ah, apologies for the misunderstanding. The graphics can be created whenever you like. The file-dates will not be taken into account when uploaded into EE. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

kreacher wrote:

Are you allowed half blocks?

Visually, sure. Logistically, not in the slightest //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue - Blocks will always act as full 16x16 static blocks.

AnatolyEE wrote:

Important Question: Do blocks with the id's 44, 50, 243, 136 and/or basic/beta will stay?
44 Is the completly black, transparent block, would be cool if it had staid.

Not sure how this is in any way related to the contest. The uploaded graphics will have their own IDs not currently in the game.

Xenonetix-2.png

#58 2017-09-26 05:55:39

Anatoly

Mega Lamb wrote:

Answering the questions Atilla didn't address:

Onjit wrote:

Hey if someone doesn't do anything to contribute to their team's world and they win, do they get the prizes?

As the Crews will be formed of all the accounts that are signed up within each team, if that team should win, all the Crew Members will receive the prizes, regardless of their contribution. Maybe don't team up with lazy people //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Charlie59876EE wrote:

i asked if you could make the graphics now and put them into the game later or if you can only use graphics made during the building phase

Ah, apologies for the misunderstanding. The graphics can be created whenever you like. The file-dates will not be taken into account when uploaded into EE. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

kreacher wrote:

Are you allowed half blocks?

Visually, sure. Logistically, not in the slightest //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue - Blocks will always act as full 16x16 static blocks.

AnatolyEE wrote:

Important Question: Do blocks with the id's 44, 50, 243, 136 and/or basic/beta will stay?
44 Is the completly black, transparent block, would be cool if it had staid.

Not sure how this is in any way related to the contest. The uploaded graphics will have their own IDs not currently in the game.

I mean: Do we only have 7 blocks we uploaded? Or do we have all 7 blocks + EE Stuff?

Wooted by:

#59 2017-09-26 07:15:28

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

Benje00 wrote:

That's like saying what's the point of trying when anyone can beat you. Try hard or lose like a loser because you doubt yourself. This is a competition.

@XxAtillaxX Thanks, I understand everything now from seeing that visual demonstration.

I have my own Windows xp Paint program but does anybody know of good graphics design software for this particularly?

I'm not experienced with .png graphic design but this will be fun to play with.

#60 2017-09-26 07:23:38

soniiiety

Doodle wrote:
Benje00 wrote:

That's like saying what's the point of trying when anyone can beat you. Try hard or lose like a loser because you doubt yourself. This is a competition.

@XxAtillaxX Thanks, I understand everything now from seeing that visual demonstration.

I have my own Windows xp Paint program but does anybody know of good graphics design software for this particularly?

I'm not experienced with .png graphic design but this will be fun to play with.

yes i know i can teach you soem skills and then you might want to join my team? download paint.net i can show you the rest of pm or dm you ok? i will help you with what ever you need at least you could join my team because im helping you

#61 2017-09-26 17:25:24

kreacher

Will it do the anti aliasing automatically so we just have to do the main part or do we have to do it ourselves? Because you don't know what the colour the background will be to do the anti aliasing. Do we have to do it like the one on the right or the left?HRJU3Qu.png Btw don't steal my picture //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

#62 2017-09-26 17:31:42, last edited by LukeM (2017-09-26 17:32:33)

LukeM
Website

kreacher wrote:

Will it do the anti aliasing automatically so we just have to do the main part or do we have to do it ourselves? Because you don't know what the colour the background will be to do the anti aliasing. Do we have to do it like the one on the right or the left?https://i.imgur.com/HRJU3Qu.png Btw don't steal my picture //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

How could it automatically do anti aliasing? It can only really be done when the graphic is actually generated by the computer, e.g. vector / 3d graphics

#63 2017-09-26 17:37:52

hummerz5

destroyer123 wrote:
kreacher wrote:

Will it do the anti aliasing automatically so we just have to do the main part or do we have to do it ourselves? Because you don't know what the colour the background will be to do the anti aliasing. Do we have to do it like the one on the right or the left?https://i.imgur.com/HRJU3Qu.png Btw don't steal my picture //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

How could it automatically do anti aliasing? It can only really be done when the graphic is actually generated by the computer, e.g. vector / 3d graphics

maybe he's talking something like transparency?

#64 2017-09-26 17:45:46, last edited by LukeM (2017-09-26 17:47:52)

LukeM
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

maybe he's talking something like transparency?

Oh, I guess he's probably talking a bit about both then, as the images show anti aliasing, but 'Because you don't know what the colour the background will be' would suggest background removal

Anti alasing is when you take something like a diagonal line, or a circle, and where the line would be close to the edges of the pixels, you add a small sort of blur, so its not as pixelated (computers cant do this automatically unless they know where the lines should be, e.g. in vector images, so you'll have to do this yourself)

Background removal (which you seem to also be talking about) can sometimes be done automatically, although not to as good of a quality as it would be if you originally created the image without a background (and I'm pretty sure whatever will be used to upload the graphics wont do it for you). To use transparency, you'll have to download your own image editor, as paint doesnt support it (I would suggest paint.net)

#65 2017-09-26 20:21:22

Guest.

oh yeah, i dont think it was ever mentioned that blocks and bgs cant have transparent pixels

both will just become the solid version of the color you use

at least thats what happened when i tested with it

#66 2017-09-26 21:43:25

LukeM
Website

zyhrllos wrote:

Whys that the case..? Surely they should work the same as all the other blocks in the game...
Well BGs wouldnt work obviously, because theres nothing behind them, but blocks should shouldnt they?

Wooted by:

#67 2017-09-26 22:00:18

Guest.

destroyer123 wrote:
zyhrllos wrote:

Whys that the case..? Surely they should work the same as all the other blocks in the game...
Well BGs wouldnt work obviously, because theres nothing behind them, but blocks should shouldnt they?

well they can have (empty) space, as seen here:unknown.png

but trying semi-transparent colors ends up looking like this: unknown.png

unknown.png (the transparent red pixels just become solid red pixels)

#68 2017-09-26 22:15:21, last edited by LukeM (2017-09-26 22:15:42)

LukeM
Website

zyhrllos wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

well they can have (empty) space, as seen here:unknown.png

but trying semi-transparent colors ends up looking like this: unknown.png

(the transparent red pixels just become solid red pixels)

Oh ok, that makes more sense
Still not sure why it would happen, but at least that makes it consistant... I guess...

Wooted by:

#69 2017-09-27 03:25:44

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:

Do we only have 7 blocks we uploaded? Or do we have all 7 blocks + EE Stuff?

The full range of Everybody Edits graphics are still available to you, as long as you own them. The 21 extra graphics are to be used in addition to current EE graphics to show they could be integrated well into the game.

Xenonetix-2.png

#70 2017-09-27 03:59:31

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

This contest is still really confusing to me... like the part where it says "your own grphics" I dont know how to make graphics for EE... Help???

#71 2017-09-27 04:12:16

Guest.

Kaleb wrote:

This contest is still really confusing to me... like the part where it says "your own grphics" I dont know how to make graphics for EE... Help???

i provided some tips on how to get started here

#72 2017-09-27 14:15:47

peace

if you have mor eideas for blocks an dless for decorations can u make some blocks decos for a temporarily fix if u dont have enuogh block spaes left so of o won thes eblcoks can be made solid blocks too? or should i make them bgs for a temporarily fix and add secrets block on top of them?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#73 2017-09-27 16:41:38

John

peace wrote:

if you have mor eideas for blocks an dless for decorations can u make some blocks decos for a temporarily fix if u dont have enuogh block spaes left so of o won thes eblcoks can be made solid blocks too? or should i make them bgs for a temporarily fix and add secrets block on top of them?

Translation:

If you have more foreground block ideas and little to none for background, can you use the background block and set it to be a foreground block? If not, should I make the upload the be solid blocks as backgrounds and place a foreground secret block on top of it so it's solid?

*NOTE: May not be 100% accurate.

At least ****-ing try to make sense. God damn it...

PW?scale=2

#74 2017-09-27 16:45:21

peace

Emalton wrote:
peace wrote:

Translation:

If you have more foreground block ideas and little to none for background, can you use the background block and set it to be a foreground block? If not, should I make the upload the be solid blocks as backgrounds and place a foreground secret block on top of it so it's solid?

*NOTE: May not be 100% accurate.

At least ****-ing try to make sense. God damn it...

well i meant i have more ideas for foreground i mean more then 7
also not sure how to color blocks from prexiting block colors ex: make a brick in the color of a magic brick but you still see brick paterin in it

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#75 2017-09-27 21:12:14

Charlie59876EE

XxAtillaxX wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Pretty important detail you guys left out of this... Exactly how does this block editor work? Do we need to be good at pixel art to make new block graphics for example? I have no idea because you guys haven't told us what the hell this block editing program is supposed to look like.

I've asked Jesse to create a visual demonstration of the in-game interface. If you're going to create artwork of any kind, optimally you should be good at it.

Happyeditor wrote:

Visual Demonstration of the Slot System provided by Jesse.

Unfortunately, I can't directly embed a video tag here without uploading the video to YouTube.
The background slots do exist, however they were just located in a separate block tab during development.

Taylor wrote:

It will be automatically generated from the images themselves, as the current blocks in-game (aside from the Chris-era blocks) have always been.

source

The link doesnt work any more

When your energy refills...
mfe5hE8.png

Xenonetix1509816365682225

Board footer