Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 2017-09-25 18:59:10

Zumza

Re: Mafia 15 [LOYALISTS WIN]

!vote Devlin we don't really have anything to loose...

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#102 2017-09-25 19:01:00

Zumza

At some point however we might take into the consideration to actually kill the converter and not the converted. Because we will end up in a lynch loop.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#103 2017-09-25 19:13:32

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

jkdrip wrote:

The thing with that logic is that somebody else would KNOW if he's lying, and hence he would immediately become a night target.

He'd still only be a faction of 2 though. There would still be 2 factions out there with 3 players. I know my faction specifically mentioned trying not to get a purple member with our night kill (not that we knew who was on purple, we just made a joke / hoped we didn't get one of their members with our kill). Personally, I think factions with a higher player count are more of a threat than liars.

jkdrip wrote:

Making the thing about Devlin up isn't a good play.

I agree. Not to mention it's not nice for me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Zumza wrote:

vote Devlin we don't really have anything to loose...

Except, idk, putting yourself in a worse position for the rest of the game and maybe potentially handing over a majority to the recruiting factions?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#104 2017-09-25 19:29:26

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

I agree that the factions with higher player counts take priority over liars. But, if it turns out Abelysk is lying, he's most likely on the team with the higher player count (again, I see no reason for him to lie about this). Any factions with 3 players are uninvolved and have no reason to accuse one person specifically, and the faction with 4 will try to steer the other factions off-course (I'm looking at Jawa here).

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

#105 2017-09-25 19:30:17

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Zumza wrote:

!vote Devlin we don't really have anything to loose...

What if he's a useful PR? If he's willing to work with the majority, then maybe it's a good idea to keep him around?

Discord: jawp#5123

#106 2017-09-25 19:34:47

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

If he's a useful PR he's going to help his own faction before anybody else
Kinda like every single one of us

Wooted by:

#107 2017-09-25 19:37:57

hummerz5

Zumza wrote:

I don't know where Slabdrill got the idea that Devlin changed his faction to the loyalists, but I assume that it's a hint.

I don't know where you got the idea Slabdrill got the idea. I'm searching through slab's posts and don't see much to hint that he was concerned in that way

jkdrip wrote:

yeah but at the same time it's possible to find the intersection of faction and majority interests.

I still wonder at how the roles are balanced in this game

current vote tally:
devlin - math, emalton, hummerz5, zumza.

#108 2017-09-25 19:43:25

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

jkdrip wrote:

But, if it turns out Abelysk is lying, he's most likely on the team with the higher player count

I forgot about the possibility that purple could be the faction with the recruiter. We kinda assumed that since it was Abelysk claiming someone left his team he couldn't be the team that someone joined. That would make sense strategically though would it not? The recruiter would have had time to think about their role and realise that whoever they recruit would be exposed as leaving a faction. So instead, why not jump in and 'expose' someone else first? I'm more inclined to believe that now. It still doesn't explain why no one would counterclaim though :/

jkdrip wrote:

Kinda like every single one of us

Yeah lol //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I do seem to be the only player willing to compromise with other factions though...

hummerz5 wrote:
Zumza wrote:

I don't know where Slabdrill got the idea that Devlin changed his faction to the loyalists, but I assume that it's a hint.

I don't know where you got the idea Slabdrill got the idea. I'm searching through slab's posts and don't see much to hint that he was concerned in that way

This post:

Slabdrill wrote:

so devlin was the other purple person? got it. You're probably the purple killer though, not sure if everyone would get blocked tomorrow though....

this game is pretty weird - i assume the loyalists are the cause of this mess.

He says how he thinks the loyalists are the cause of the mess; I'm not sure if he means the person who moved teams or the lack of deaths though. I guess Zumza is under the impression he meant the person who changed teams.

Mind clarifying this for us though @Slabdrill?

What do you mean by 'mess' and what makes you assume it was the loyalists doing?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#109 2017-09-25 19:56:24

hummerz5

hey btw I thought onjit was being dumb but could these words have significance

"notoriously aggressive Orange Faction, the sly Blue Faction, and the steadfast Purple Faction"

perhaps the first has strong killing ability, the last some sort of resistance to being persuaded?

idek what blue would be. But this would contradict abelysk's claim yes? ... or is he jst being dumb

oh the questions to ask

#110 2017-09-25 19:59:18

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

The Protector role HeyNK had fits "steadfast" imo

#111 2017-09-25 20:00:39

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I think y'all might be on to something here.

If I had to guess, then perhaps the blue faction has roles that are deceptive?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#112 2017-09-25 20:01:59

hummerz5

jkdrip wrote:

The Protector role HeyNK had fits "steadfast" imo

guess we wouldn't care to sit around and debate specifics all day but I feel the aspect of loyalty is closer than protection

but to be honest I would also say that it's ironic and perhaps an oxymoron to say that a breakaway faction is 'resolutely or dutifully firm and unwavering' especially in a loyalty context.

so idk

#113 2017-09-25 20:03:06

hummerz5

er wait double post
I can see how a faction in itself somehow steadfast to itself would then justify protecting their members

I see your logic

#114 2017-09-25 20:14:35

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

jkdrip wrote:

Good point

jkdrip wrote:

Any factions with 3 players are uninvolved and have no reason to accuse one person specifically, and the faction with 4 will try to steer the other factions off-course (I'm looking at Jawa here).

Are you saying I'm trying to steer people off course?

No matter who is lynched, Abelysk's claim against Devlin cannot be confirmed. Lynching Abelysk would only tell us if he was purple. Lynching Devlin would only show us that he's in a different faction than Abelysk (under the assumption Abelysk wouldn't throw his own team under the bus).

Lynching Abelysk could confirm 2 purple members dead. If he's telling the truth about Devlin, the purple faction should be gone. If he's lying, we've made the purple faction a minority (following the idea Abelysk made the claim to cover the purple faction gaining a member).

#115 2017-09-25 20:22:29

hummerz5

actually yeah btw abelysk could you share what your role is since you're apparently throwing in the towel?

I'd really like to know who did the recruiting though... ah well

#116 2017-09-25 20:23:49

hummerz5

eh, I g2g and something doesn't add up

!unvote

#117 2017-09-25 20:25:08

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

To answer your question, Jawa, yes.

#118 2017-09-25 20:30:18

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

jkdrip wrote:

To answer your question, Jawa, yes.

Oh, well you're wrong.

#119 2017-09-25 21:56:27

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Devlin wrote:

Btw @Slabdrill, you said at the beginning of this day that you were role blocked, that means you’re the shooter for your team right? Do you mind telling us who you tried to kill? Because that person was obviously protected and you can’t protect someone twice in a row. Meaning whoever you tried to kill can guarantee be killed tonight.

Roleblock isn't protection.

Zumza wrote:

The three colored factions seem to be structured pretty similarly (one nightchat + one kill + one other) from the two that I know, plus the loyalists have no real description in the OP and seem different from the rest in general.

suddenly random sig change

#120 2017-09-25 21:57:01

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Also wait where'd you get the idea of "Devlin changed his faction to the loyalists" Zumza wtf

#121 2017-09-25 22:00:47

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Slabdrill wrote:
Zumza wrote:

The three colored factions seem to be structured pretty similarly (one nightchat + one kill + one other) from the two that I know, plus the loyalists have no real description in the OP and seem different from the rest in general.

Slabdrill wrote:

Slabdrill wrote:

from the two that I know

Slabdrill wrote:

two

How could you possibly know the structures of 2 different factions?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#122 2017-09-25 22:02:57

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Devlin wrote:
Slabdrill wrote:
Zumza wrote:

Slabdrill wrote:

Slabdrill wrote:

from the two that I know

Slabdrill wrote:

two

How could you possibly know the structures of 2 different factions?

judging purple from the one rolecard we got, it's pretty similar to my rolecard which means i assume that all the parts that are similar are basically the same as mine

#123 2017-09-25 22:04:08

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

So we can assume that Slabdrill's faction has a nightchat and a standard kill, then.
Idk if purple actually has a nightchat, but a kill seems likely.

#124 2017-09-25 22:06:26

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

jkdrip wrote:

Idk if purple actually has a nightchat,

Known Rolecards:
Protector

You are a member of the Purple Faction. You are taking advantage of the chaos after the Godfather's death to take control of the crime conglomerate for yourselves.

You are a member of the Purple Faction. Your teammates are ??? and ???. During the night, you may communicate using ???

Every night, you are able to !protect one other player. This will protect them from any actions against them. You cannot protect the same player twice in a row. You cannot protect yourself.

In the event of ???'s death, you and ??? will need to come to an agreement of who will take their role. This will replace your current role.

You will win when your faction has a majority.

You are a member of the Purple Faction. Your teammates are ??? and ???. During the night, you may communicate using ???

During the night, you may communicate using ???

Wooted by:

#125 2017-09-25 22:08:13

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

gucci
Also I take back what I said about the kill. 4 kills prevented by random in the same night doesn't seem likely. There's probably roles like Arso/WW, and the one I think we're dealing with atm: Vampire.

Wooted by:
Onjit1631617732791356

Board footer