Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-09-24 18:28:09

I_Psycho

Re: [Official] Everybody Edits Design Competition (Discussion Topic)

I understand what this contest is about but the wording on the instructions and could be better, nonetheless i am in. Sign me up please.

#27 2017-09-24 18:36:23

kreacher

Wait so is going to be a pixel art program on ee then for the contest or do we just do the graphics on paint then copy it onto ee.

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

Wooted by:

#28 2017-09-24 18:40:43

AsurcH

I really like how this contest is handled, good luck to all participants!

Wooted by:

#29 2017-09-24 18:47:58, last edited by Nebula (2017-09-24 18:51:34)

Nebula

Finally, the second way to get artist smiley back once again

EDIT: ofc it's gonna be that secret smiley 100% where is it from the poster:

Kentiya wrote:

Painter
painter-smiley-new-64.pngpainter-smiley-new.png
Originally made for the official smiley contest, then refined a couple weeks later. (May-June 2013)
Preview

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=26271

#30 2017-09-24 19:47:24

Zumza

1wg0ft.jpg

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#31 2017-09-24 20:12:46

hummerz5

I mean that's clever and all but I think it's potentially a bigger undertaking to draw up all this UI or whatever to make this thing happen.

If nothing else, this is another step away from simply adding a new package.

#32 2017-09-24 20:17:42

Charlie59876EE

Can you use pre-made graphics? or do you have to make them after a sertain time?

When your energy refills...
mfe5hE8.png

#33 2017-09-24 20:19:29, last edited by Guest. (2017-11-02 08:05:13)

Guest.

Don't know how to get started with graphics? I've provided some small but very useful tips right here for you!

4 useful tips on how to make your graphics look nice

#34 2017-09-24 20:23:20

Charlie59876EE

Can you use pre-made graphics? or do you have to make them after a sertain time?

mfe5hE8.png

#35 2017-09-25 03:51:41

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

@Charlie  Its spelled *Certain*

A question about how the world is formed.
So contestants are to create a world with their 16x16 original graphics as blocks, backgrounds, and decorations in slots, then include them in the design of their world as if they exist?

#36 2017-09-25 03:55:55

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Doodle wrote:

@Charlie  Its spelled *Certain*

So contestants are to create a world with their 16x16 original graphics as blocks, backgrounds, and decorations in slots, then include them in the design of their world as if they exist?

yes

suddenly random sig change

#37 2017-09-25 05:48:12, last edited by Anatoly (2017-09-25 06:04:02)

Anatoly

What about 7 smiley graphics?

Edit: Should I post every graphic I create here, if you want you can use them.

#38 2017-09-25 06:24:54

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

AnatolyEE wrote:

Edit: Should I post every graphic I create here, if you want you can use them.

So you want free advertisement...

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

#39 2017-09-25 08:21:29

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Right, here we go!

Devlin wrote:

Are we able to make the decorations morphable?

Nope, but that's one of the reasons we're allowing up to 21 total graphics. As such, you can choose to make them all unique, or make them related to each other in some fashion, which could include multiple orientations of the same graphics if you wish.

Devlin wrote:

Also will there be a way to specify if the decoration appears in front or behind the player?

I believe there will be. If not, I think the default is behind.

Devlin wrote:

And is there anyway of making action blocks using the function of current ones? Eg. Climb ables, hazards and liquids.

Nope! But I'm sure you can be creative enough without making them action blocks.

Xfrogman43 wrote:

Can crew titles be as long as you want or is there a limit?

They should be as long as the maximum in-game, which I believe is 20 characters total.

Devlin wrote:

If a team gains a placement are the rewards split evenly between the team or does everyone get the reward stated?

Any 1st or 2nd place winning crews will have their blocks reviewed by staff to potentially become official new items in-game. All other prizes are individual:

Additional Prizes Per Individual:
1st Place: Gold Block Trophy, 200 gems, +400 max energy, Artist Smiley, New Designer Smiley, New Packs (when released, based on this contest)
2nd Place: Silver Block Trophy, 100 gems, +200 max energy, Artist Smiley, New Designer Smiley, New Packs (when released, based on this contest)
3rd Place: Bronze Block Trophy, 50 gems, +100 max energy, Artist Smiley
Honorable mentions: +100 max energy.

Devlin wrote:

Can we enter an alt on our team? (So that we technically get the rewards on 2 independent accounts).
(Ps. I wouldn't want my alt to gain the rewards so that I could transfer them over to my own account but rather so that I can gain blocks, smileys, etc. much quicker on my alt).

That sounds reasonable, but it would be forbidden to have your own alts sign up on separate teams. On the same team should be fine!

Knewred wrote:

Are Kongregate players able to participate too?

Yes! The game update with the special worlds will be accessible on every official Everybody Edits platform, including Kongregate.

peace wrote:

so what are we supost to do how do we make our own graphics? and hwat can we make? action blocks? or just normal blocks? and hwo does it allwork?

Just normal blocks, backgrounds, and decorations. You can create your own graphics however you like! If you're less confident with graphics and don't have anyone on your team to make them, you could always use Everybody Edits itself to make a 16x16 block, and take a screenshot of it from the minimap. Otherwise, feel free to use whatever graphics program you like!

AnatolyEE wrote:

Can we use all action blocks?

You are allowed to use any of the existing blocks in the game within your world as much as you wish.

AnatolyEE wrote:

Are alts in team allowed?

Yes, but not in different teams. See above. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

AnatolyEE wrote:

Can we add our own action blocks?

Not in this particular contest, no. Just static blocks, backgrounds, and decorations.

shadowda wrote:

is it 21 blocks total or 21 custom + normal blocks?

21 custom blocks. You can use any of the existing blocks in the game within your world as much as you like!

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Pretty important detail you guys left out of this... Exactly how does this block editor work? Do we need to be good at pixel art to make new block graphics for example? I have no idea because you guys haven't told us what the hell this block editing program is supposed to look like.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Literally all it says is: "and it can have it's graphics chosen by you!"

We are not providing any sort of block editing program, nor any block editor in the game. You are only able to upload 16x16 PNG graphics into the 21 slots within the game (as stated in the Important Notes at the bottom of the Registration Post, so it's not literally all it says about it...).

CommanderKitten wrote:

Would we get points taken off if we don't take advantage of the entire 300x300 area? For instance, if we narrow it down to 200x200, would that lower our score?

Not at all! This was intentional when we selected the 300x300 size, so you are able to make the level as small or as large as you like within the space. Size of the level will not be taken into account unless it either feels too cramped or too large. Basically, as long as the size of the level is appropriate to the content in it, it's fine.

kreacher wrote:

Wait so is going to be a pixel art program on ee then for the contest or do we just do the graphics on paint then copy it onto ee.

There won't be a pixel art program (unless you count the fact that EE could kind of count as that already) - You are able to upload your own graphics in 16x16 PNG format into the 21 slots in the game, which will be added to the game closer to the building stage, along with all the custom worlds. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

zyhrllos wrote:

There are 3 primary judges and 5 secondary judges. Primary judges have the most effect on the results, and secondary judges will also have things changed if they can agree for the most part on a result.

Most of your post explains this contest very well! This judging section is incorrect though. The 8 judges will all have even effect on the results. The staff team as a whole will discuss the results after the contest in terms of which graphics may be added to the game officially, and Cola1 may end up making minor tweaks if they're necessary. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

zyhrllos wrote:

These are the guidelines in which they judge on:
Art - Both ingame art and your graphics will be judged.
Theme and concept - The concepts behind this world should be creative, and you're encouraged to try new things.
Originality - Judges will decide if your world was original after their playthrough, but you should play the world yourself if you feel unsure about this.
Minigames/puzzles - Your minigames should hopefully not be just your plain old arrow minis. Try getting creative with things like puzzles or systems!
Difficulty and progression - Make sure your difficulty is reasonable enough to be judged. You should also tweak the progression of challenge to feel nice.
Story - If your world has a story, try thinking the way a judge would and determine if the world has an intriguing and memorable story.

Most of this is accurate, although potentially misleading. A story is not required, so people shouldn't create a story if they don't want to, but if you choose to use a story, it's basically a judgement on good level design as a whole, so it would have to be a well-told story to contribute to good level design. Primarily, the focus of the contest is on the new graphics though, and how well integrated they are within your level. As such, other judgment criteria include, in no particular order, in-game art, gameplay & enjoyability, and creativity.

Charlie59876EE wrote:

You can use whichever graphics you choose to make - There will not be a graphics selector. If you're not as strong with graphics, we encourage you to try to build a team where at least one person may be able to create some decent graphics.

Doodle wrote:

Not in the slightest //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue - You can create your own 16x16 PNG graphics in any graphics program you choose! Then you're able to upload them into the game, and use THEM in the design of your world as if they exist. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

AnatolyEE wrote:

If you want to make those, you can do, but smiley graphics may be less likely to have good integration in the worlds. The graphics would not be judged 'as smileys', but as the blocks, backgrounds, or decorations.

AnatolyEE wrote:

Should I post every graphic I create here, if you want you can use them.

Up to you. If you're addressing other players, please could any players that choose to use Anatoly's graphics give him the appropriate credit. If you're addressing the staff, we will have access to all of the uploaded graphics, as mentioned in the Important Notes. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Xenonetix_2.png

#40 2017-09-25 12:51:10

Guest.

Mega Lamb wrote:

long

fixed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by:

#41 2017-09-25 14:52:56

peace

Mega Lamb wrote:
peace wrote:

so what are we supost to do how do we make our own graphics? and hwat can we make? action blocks? or just normal blocks? and hwo does it allwork?

Just normal blocks, backgrounds, and decorations. You can create your own graphics however you like! If you're less confident with graphics and don't have anyone on your team to make them, you could always use Everybody Edits itself to make a 16x16 block, and take a screenshot of it from the minimap. Otherwise, feel free to use whatever graphics program you like!

okay this sound snice there should be a world always for everyoen to use their own graphics althought i think this iwll nto be added as players doesnt need to buy actual blocks but it sound snice to use //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#42 2017-09-25 15:27:56

Onjit
Website

Hey if someone doesn't do anything to contribute to their team's world and they win, do they get the prizes?

Asking for a friend.

:.|:;

#43 2017-09-25 16:03:18

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

Onjit wrote:

Hey if someone doesn't do anything to contribute to their team's world and they win, do they get the prizes?

Asking for a friend.

If people can sign up alts, then what do you think?

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

#44 2017-09-25 16:07:01, last edited by Charlie59876EE (2017-09-25 16:14:05)

Charlie59876EE

maga lamb wrote:
Charlie59876EE wrote:

You can use whichever graphics you choose to make - There will not be a graphics selector. If you're not as strong with graphics, we encourage you to try to build a team where at least one person may be able to create some decent graphics.

you didnt answer my question, i asked if you could make the graphics now and put them into the game later or if you can only use graphics made during the building phase

mfe5hE8.png

#45 2017-09-25 16:18:52

Anatoly

Charlie59876EE wrote:
maga lamb wrote:
Charlie59876EE wrote:

you didnt answer my question, i asked if you could make the graphics now and put them into the game later or if you can only use graphics made during the building phase

If you make them now, out can copy it into there later anyway, just pixel in pixel. So it does not matter. The judges can't get your data from your offline computer.... kek

#46 2017-09-25 17:41:22

kreacher

Are you allowed half blocks?

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

#47 2017-09-25 18:01:07

Anatoly

Important Question: Do blocks with the id's 44, 50, 243, 136 and/or basic/beta will stay?

44 Is the completly black, transparent block, would be cool if it had staid.

Also: Do we have to specify the bgcolor for our blocks?

#48 2017-09-25 18:47:16

Charlie59876EE

All EE blocks are here https://plus.google.com/102697681830384 … 6oSVWAukf2 (i posted this b4 but couldnt find the post to edit it)

mfe5hE8.png

#49 2017-09-25 20:13:58, last edited by Guest. (2017-09-25 20:14:18)

Guest.

kreacher wrote:

Are you allowed half blocks?

No, only full solid blocks. No oneways, rotatables, halfblocks, etc.

#50 2017-09-25 21:14:38

Benje00

What's the point of trying when NSFW is just going to win?  /s

Wooted by: (4)
Xenonetix1509816365682225

Board footer