Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-24 01:33:54

Phinarose

[Official] Everybody Edits Design Competition (Discussion Topic)

qqDnc1O.png

Welcome to the first Everybody Edits Official Design Contest! This is the opportunity for everybody to have their own graphics used within the game!

Contest Summary

Here's how this is going to work:

• The winning teams will receive the prizes above, as well as the opportunity to permanently have their graphics officially added into the game!

• You will be given a period of time to assemble or join an existing team, which can consist of as many as five members total.

• The teams will be placed into their own respective crews, pre-prepared for the contest, following the registration deadline.

• The crews will each be issued a single special 300x300 world at the beginning of the building stage, in which to build their world.

• The crews will have 21 empty slots (7 foregrounds, 7 backgrounds, 7 decorations) which can have their graphics chosen by you!

• The crews will be able to freely experiment with the slots any number of times, with their changes immediately reflected in the world.

• The crews will be given the option, once approved by a moderator, to publicise their world in the lobby for all to experience during the judging phase.

• You have until Sunday 1st October at 11:59pm UTC to sign up in your teams!

You can read more about the contest and enter in over on the registration topic. Good luck!

~ Everybody Edits Staff ~

WjoM2zh.png

#2 2017-09-24 01:35:23

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Re: [Official] Everybody Edits Design Competition (Discussion Topic)

woah cool

good luck everyone!!

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#3 2017-09-24 02:12:12, last edited by Kirby (2017-09-24 02:18:45)

Kirby

-what are you focusing on when you judge (i'd assume the graphics, but does the gameplay even matter then)?

-are you using a score system

-what is being judged when it comes to the blocks. The design themselves, or how they are used in the world?

-how many winners are there. 3 (1 1st, 1 2nd, 1 third), or 15 (like the other contests were)

-also do our levels have to be story levels, as i noticed that was a judging guideline (re-read it, noticed it said "if". That being said tho, couldn't that screw with the judging? if you get scored for your story, that means that a bad story would negatively affect your level as opposed to not having one at all, by bringing down the average score)

#4 2017-09-24 02:19:25

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Do we have to use our own graphics? What if we just want to make a level?

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#5 2017-09-24 02:36:23

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Kirby wrote:

-what are you focusing on when you judge (i'd assume the graphics, but does the gameplay even matter then)?

The primary aim of the contest is to promote new graphics, which is why it is a "Design Contest". Nevertheless, you have to also display a good use of them in-game, so the integration of the new graphics, alongside existing graphics, is important, which is why gameplay is also important. If you just throw random graphics that don't look like they fit in EE in the level, and the decorations seemingly have no purpose for example, that's less likely going to be good integration than if you were to somehow use the new graphics for the betterment of the level.

Kirby wrote:

-are you using a score system

When judging? Scoring is involved, but there are other factors. There will be certain weightings to the scoring, but mostly, everything will be relatively close.

Kirby wrote:

-what is being judged when it comes to the blocks. The design themselves, or how they are used in the world?

Both, as explained above.

Kirby wrote:

-how many winners are there. 3 (1 1st, 1 2nd, 1 third), or 15 (like the other contests were)

Neither. The number of placings will be proportional to the number of participating teams. This is a higher percentage than those that won in the previous contests!

Kirby wrote:

-also do our levels have to be story levels, as i noticed that was a judging guideline (re-read it, noticed it said "if". That being said tho, couldn't that screw with the judging? if you get scored for your story, that means that a bad story would negatively affect your level as opposed to not having one at all, by bringing down the average score)

The storyline will have very little bearing on the scoring, but the level needs to be good enough, and if there's a storyline involved, it would be good if the graphics are integrated well within it.

BuzzerBee wrote:

Do we have to use our own graphics? What if we just want to make a level?

We would recommend uploading new graphics. If you're not too confident in your own graphics, you can try to make sure to join a team with up to 5 people, at least one of whom could make some decent graphics. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile - If you were to just make a level, it would still be judged, but you would be less likely to place.

Xenonetix_2.png

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2017-09-24 03:15:50

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Why does energy have + and gems x? does this mean if you get first place, your gems can be multiplied from 1000 to 200000? kek

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#7 2017-09-24 03:57:43

shadowda

can we use graphics posted to the forum by someone else?

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#8 2017-09-24 04:07:06

Xfrogman43

phinarose wrote:

and how long did the world take to complete?

Why does it matter how long a world takes to complete? People can do it faster than others, does that make it a bad world?????

phinarose wrote:

as five members totanl.

A little typo here

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#9 2017-09-24 04:15:34

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

Why does energy have + and gems x? does this mean if you get first place, your gems can be multiplied from 1000 to 200000? kek

No //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue - As you probably well know, you gain that many gems, and you gain the addition to your max energy.

shadowda wrote:

can we use graphics posted to the forum by someone else?

You can, although it wouldn't be recommended. If you do so, please make sure to give them credit somehow, like in a sign in the level. Credit where credit is due.

Xfrogman43 wrote:
phinarose wrote:

and how long did the world take to complete?

Why does it matter how long a world takes to complete? People can do it faster than others, does that make it a bad world?????

How long it takes to complete playing, not to build. Nevertheless, this doesn't matter too much, but it shouldn't be way too long. An Endurance-like level may reduce the enjoyment factor somewhat, unless it's executed very well. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Xenonetix_2.png

Wooted by:

#10 2017-09-24 04:54:50

AlphaJon

Being able to edit block designs on the fly looks extremely interesting. I can only imagine the possibilities if that feature wasn't limited to the contest.

Wooted by: (3)

#11 2017-09-24 09:08:14, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-09-24 09:16:55)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Are we able to make the decorations morphable?

Also will there be a way to specify if the decoration appears in front or behind the player?

And is there anyway of making action blocks using the function of current ones? Eg. Climb ables, hazards and liquids.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#12 2017-09-24 09:39:59

Xfrogman43

Can crew titles be as long as you want or is there a limit?

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#13 2017-09-24 09:57:00, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-09-24 09:58:05)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Also another 2 things:

If a team gains a placement are the rewards split evenly between the team or does everyone get the reward stated?

Can we enter an alt on our team? (So that we technically get the rewards on 2 independent accounts).

(Ps. I wouldn't want my alt to gain the rewards so that I could transfer them over to my own account but rather so that I can gain blocks, smileys, etc. much quicker on my alt).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#14 2017-09-24 10:22:43

Knewred

Are Kongregate players able to participate too?

#15 2017-09-24 10:25:45

Weirdoverse
Website

Knewred wrote:

Are Kongregate players able to participate too?

everyone who wants to participate can. platform doesnt matter.

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#16 2017-09-24 10:57:36

peace

so what are we supost to do how do we make our own graphics? and hwat can we make? action blocks? or just normal blocks? and hwo does it allwork?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#17 2017-09-24 10:57:58, last edited by Anatoly (2017-09-24 11:02:43)

Anatoly

Can we use all action blocks?
Are alts in team allowed?
Can we add our own action blocks?

#18 2017-09-24 14:07:48

shadowda

is it 21 blocks total or 21 custom + normal blocks?

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#19 2017-09-24 15:45:40, last edited by Norwee (2017-09-24 15:46:20)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Pretty important detail you guys left out of this... Exactly how does this block editor work? Do we need to be good at pixel art to make new block graphics for example? I have no idea because you guys haven't told us what the hell this block editing program is supposed to look like.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (2)

#20 2017-09-24 15:46:14

peace

peace wrote:

so what are we supost to do how do we make our own graphics? and hwat can we make? action blocks? or just normal blocks? and hwo does it allwork?

@phinaros eu here? can u please asnwer me and check who signed up for the contest and edit the OP post of the signup topic with players signed up inside a spoiler

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#21 2017-09-24 15:50:12

Guest.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Pretty important detail you guys left out of this... Exactly how does this block editor work? Do we need to be good at pixel art to make new block graphics for example? I have no idea because you guys haven't told us what the hell this block editing program is supposed to look like.

dont know what you're being so hostile about but I don't think they would have a block editor, and instead just allow you to upload individual 16x16 images

#22 2017-09-24 15:55:20, last edited by Norwee (2017-09-24 16:02:10)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

zyhrllos wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

dont know what you're being so hostile about but I don't think they would have a block editor, and instead just allow you to upload individual 16x16 images

Hostile? Wut.
Anyway, you don't know that for sure either, so isn't it good that someone asks? Literally all it says is: "and it can have it's graphics chosen by you!"
Yes very informative... Especially when most people on EE has zero experience making custom graphics.
I mean, i want to know what i'm actually getting myself into if i join this unusual contest. Something i'm sure most people here will agree with me on.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#23 2017-09-24 16:19:06

Guest.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
zyhrllos wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Hostile? Wut.
Anyway, you don't know that for sure either, so isn't it good that someone asks? Literally all it says is: "and it can have it's graphics chosen by you!"
Yes very informative... Especially when most people on EE has zero experience making custom graphics.
I mean, i want to know what i'm actually getting myself into if i join this unusual contest. Something i'm sure most people here will agree with me on.

Yeah I found the lack of information to be a turnoff but I got some confirmation on things at least

#24 2017-09-24 16:55:21

CommanderKitten

Would we get points taken off if we don't take advantage of the entire 300x300 area? For instance, if we narrow it down to 200x200, would that lower our score?

Wooted by: (3)

#25 2017-09-24 17:26:06

XxAtillaxX

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I've asked Jesse to create a visual demonstration of the in-game interface. If you're going to create artwork of any kind, optimally you should be good at it.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:
Xenonetix1509816365682225

Board footer